1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots don't want fans selling tickets for profit

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Oct 18, 2007.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21368149/

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    **** them.

Stub Hub is usually the only way you can get tickets to a sold out game, profit or no profit.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, although this might set a precedent such that the tickets can only be sold for face value, plus a minor "processing fee" markup of say $5 or $10.

4. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    "The Patriots, just at the beginning of the season, were filming opposing teams and accused of surveillance and given a slap from the National Football League about that. Now they're turning the cameras on their fans, so clearly there is a lack of understanding about what privacy is," said Ari Schwartz, deputy director of the center.

Pats suck!

5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +685
    It is also why tix fly off tic master. The scalpers/flippers buy them all up as it turns out with automated software that beats the scrambled word codes.

Disney is also about to get busy. How the fuk do Hanna Montana tix go for $1,000+ on the floor and nothing under $150 in the bleeds for a $40 face tic?

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    On some level .. I understand this a bit.

I went with a buddy of mine this past weekend to the Raider game that I normally go with to a couple of games a year. He has season tickets and sells them to his friends at face value (until his son gets a bit older I think). He told me that he finally met the owners of the seats next to him for the 1st time. The owners were holding out for $600/ticket for this past weekend. He ended up getting $125/ticket (according to the people who bought them) and thankfully they were Charger fans.. So, all I'm saying is that I do understand trying to limit the sales to keep it a home field advantage.

I think it is a bit big brother to me but what do ya do ..

7. SuperCharger85

SuperCharger85 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Why are event tickets so different from any other commodity you buy as a consumer? I've never been able to understand why a business cares what you do with their product after you own it, and they have made their money. If anything, scalpers have helped push the value of tickets up over the years, increasing profits for these events.

There must be an economic side to this I am not seeing can anyone explain it.

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I feel the same way and I'm sorry if a team (such as the Chargers) has to try and limit opposing fans attendance with these types of policies then they should find another way. It's not just Stubhub hell there are ticket brokers all over the internet and there's no way they can possibly regulate this other than making an example out of somebody. The NFL is rolling in record revenues and I think they should be careful here.

9. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    The problem is as people have said, scalpers buy up large bunches of tickets with no intentions of attending the game -- only to make a profit off the fans that do want to attend the game. They may buy single game tickets or in some cases they grab up season tickets.

These guys are profiting off the team and the fans. They often put fans of the other team in the home stadium in places where season ticket holders should enjoy a section of home team fans.

It costs you and I money every time we can't get a ticket through the team or a friend. Consider this:

If ONLY people who intended to go to the game bought a ticket from the team, EVERYONE at the game would only pay face value. The way it should be.

10. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I wish that ticket resellers didn't buy so many tickets to the chargers games. They aren't fans, and they sell them to anyone (opposing fans). If that didn't happen, the Q is 95% full of Chargers fans.

11. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Capitalism for the win.

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Love that quote. :yes:

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The Patriots are communists. Fuc them.

I will do whatever the hell I please with my ticket and sell it to whomever for whatever I price I want. The Chargers did not pay for my ticket, I did.

14. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    T-Man is right. :yes:

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That dude laughs about selling his tickets and I do not ride him the way the rest of you do. I have ribbed him at best and that is because he laughs about selling his tickets to pisss everyone off here. He has a right to do whatever the hell he pleases with his tickets. He may need the money for things which are quite frankly none of your or my bidness.

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Bad boys bad boys bad boys .... whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they infract you?

bad boy bad boys bad boys :abq2:

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The same way they put Breath-alyzers in the bars to keep everyone safe what happened? People tried to peg the meter. :yes:

Now it will be a race to see who gets the most infractions in the quickest and in the most creative manner possible to be noticed around here. :lol: All because of you kids and me when I get hammered. :icon_party:

You should not be proud about this .... :no::icon_evil:

18. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    This just in; You can't get Super Bowl tickets at face value anymore.

19. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    More accurate than you know. This is a typical NFL abuse of power. NFL security remind anyone of the old KGB? Stubhub must feel a bit like Trotsky.

20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Nope. You are absativly correct!

21. imported_Bolt_Attack

imported_Bolt_Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    It is funny this article came out this week, I was just talking about this type of issue at the Raiders game with some other season ticket holders. I believe in this area the Patriots and Mass. has it right, season ticket holders shouldn't be allowed to scalp their tickets. They should only be allowed to sell them for face value and service charges if any. I have been saying this for years. It is a lack of these type of laws and regulations that has created the Q the way we know it today. There are too many bandwagon fans that sell their tickets to make money. Additionally, there are thousands of season tickets owned by brokers. If a law was passed outlawing it and the Chargers instituted regulations forbidding it it would allow REAL Chargers fans to get the tickets and help us take back out stadium.

And for anyone who cares, I have been a season ticket holder for years and have spent several years flying from NM to San Diego for the home games (last year alone I went to every home game to include the playoffs, Denver and San Francisco). I have never sold my seats for over face value and when I couldn't make a game they went to other Chargers fans.

22. imported_Bolt_Attack

Ratings:
    +5
    It is funny this article came out this week, I was just talking about this type of issue at the Raiders game with some other season ticket holders. I believe in this area the Patriots and Mass. has it right, season ticket holders shouldn't be allowed to scalp their tickets. They should only be allowed to sell them for face value and service charges if any. I have been saying this for years. It is a lack of these type of laws and regulations that has created the Q the way we know it today. There are too many bandwagon fans that sell their tickets to make money. Additionally, there are thousands of season tickets owned by brokers. If a law was passed outlawing it and the Chargers instituted regulations forbidding it it would allow REAL Chargers fans to get the tickets and help us take back out stadium.

And for anyone who cares, I have been a season ticket holder for years and have spent several years flying from NM to San Diego for the home games (last year alone I went to every home game to include the playoffs, Denver and San Francisco). I have never sold my seats for over face value and when I couldn't make a game they went to other Chargers fans.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I personally have no problem with Stubhub or ebay. I have a problem with company's like Ticketmonster. Stubhub and ebay allow someone like myself to travel to an away game. I'd have never been able to go to Green Bay with out them.

Ticketmonster is the REAL problem. Stadium's and Arena's use them excluslivly for sale's. They make it hard for the "True Fan's" to get a ticket.

I would NEVER sell my ticket to an opposing fan. I'd like to hope other's wouldn't either, but they do. They do it for profit only.

How many time's have you heard a Charger fan say they were selling their tickets to the Raider game because they could pay for most of their season? I know I have. Or, " I don't want to put up with the Raider fan's"?

:censored:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    So, what's wrong with a little good old American capitalism?

25. imported_Bolt_Attack

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah, I have heard the same thing from season ticket holders.