1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Patriot's Lack Of Compassion?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...While I certainly can't fault Belichick and company for pulling off a trade with Al "Mr Senile" Davis, I do question the lack of feelings and sentiment on their part. Here you have a Pro Bowl caliber player, drafted by them at the start of their 3out of 4 Super Bowl run. Without knowing all of the details, didn't he at least deserve a chance to be with a competative team, closer than 3,000 miles from home, even if they felt he had to be moved? Cruel trades like this are normally reserved for malcontents, overly greedy primadonnas, or just plain clubhouse destroying punks.

On the dumb and dumbest part of the trade, you'd think that Al would have had a talk with Seymour about his willingness to play for them, before pulling the trigger. I can't believe that EVERY GM in the NFL isn't camped outside crazy Al's front door on permanent standby in hopes of robbing him blind. It has gotten to the point where I almost (I SAID ALMOST)feel sorry for Raider fans.

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    In the great words of Trumpet_Man loyalty is only as deep as your wallet.

3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    What I don't want to see is the Patriots getting a 1st rounder out of that deal, if Seymour doesn't play for the Raiders.

4. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Speaking of Trumpet_Man, where is that trumpet-tooting malcontent?

P.S.
    Maybe we should send Clinton Fart to the RaiDuhs, I bet we could get a 2nd Rounder out of crazy Al.

5. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    There really isn't much room for compassion when you are trying to win championships in any professional sport...we all know that. That being :icon_twisted:said...let's pray that the Cryptkeeper lives well into his 100's. Show some compassion.

6. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    i'd like to hear how they pushed bruschi out the door too...
    somth'in like "you wanna get cut or would you like to call it retirement?"
    as far as seymour, the pats got a good deal, they would'a been stupid not to take it...

7. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    :icon_rofl:

8. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Compassion?

Welcome to the NFL, where we are in business to win games, nothing else matters.

• Like Like x 1
  9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    It all boils down to $$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!

To build a winning Team an organization has to throw out compassion at times and build with logic minus emotion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Needs one of the Patriot fans on the board to explain what a douche Seymour is

I see no reason why the Pts should care. Being ruthless is what won them 3 Super Bowls, and if it ain't broke...

11. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Richard Seymour's past negotiations have been labor intensive. He and his agent have proven to be difficult.

The Patriots couldn't afford to sign both Seymour and Wilfork.

The Patriots simply determined Wilfork's upside was greater than Seymour's. Then, when Crazy Al showed up with a first round pick, the deal was sealed for Seymour.

Think of the message the Seymour trade sends to everyone on that team that thinks they can play hardball with the Pats. If they'll trade Seymour a week before the season......they'll trade anyone. You could be traded to a perennial football Gulag if you're not careful.

As for Bruschi, he wasn't forced out. I genuinely believe he realized he didn't have it anymore. Unlike Favre, he knew when to bow out gracefully.

Besides, why would Bill force out Tedy if he had plans to trade away Seymour? He still wants to win. Right now he needs all the help he can muster on the defensive side of the ball.

Compassion is for the Red Cross.

The Patriots have generated a model that's proven to be successful. They will ride that wave until it can't carry them any further. Then they'll adapt............

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    As we all know, so does every team in the NFL, we can score against anyone. It's our defenses that let's us down.

If you come to play then you must pay, If you get injured, well, excuses me that wasn't my intention.

I'm sick of this good guy BS, get down and be down right mean. I don't care how we win, as long as we win. Cheat if you have too, just don't get caught. Take the cheap shot, I love the tough play.

Yes that's me, I love to see football played as hard as can be. cheap shots are good as long as you can get away with it. hell it's only 15 yards, better than six. Stop them at all cost's, I will never back down from that.:tup: