1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots on verge of adding Lemon

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Aug 1, 2009.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Patriots on verge of adding Lemon

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 1, 2009 4:36 PM ET
    The Patriots have found a new quarterback, one that isn't ever going to take Tom Brady off the field for a play if they can help it.

ESPN's Tim Graham reports that Cleo Lemon, last with the Jaguars, is on the verge of signing with the Patriots. The deal may be completed Saturday.

Lemon arrived in New England for a workout Friday, potentially causing overexcited Patriots fans and bloggers to think he was Michael Vick.

The Patriots were looking for more experience behind Tom Brady, where Kevin O'Connell and Matt Gutierrez have a combined 11 career attempts.

Lemon started seven games for the Dolphins in 2007, engineering one of the greatest moments of Cam Cameron's head coaching career. (Okay, the only one.)

The Patriots faced Lemon twice that year, and Bill Belichick must have seen something he liked.

Look for Lemon to battle Gutierrez for a roster spot.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

I have always been a Lemon fan but if this happens then I will not give him any love. I guess this will be the Pats version of the wildcat.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    Right, because they all look alike.... :rolleyes:

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The dude deserves a job, Go for it Cleo. :tup:

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    ICAM - I still remember him coming in to a preseason game when the Bolts were down by like 21 points or something in the 4th and pulling off a come from behind victory in the final minutes of the game - he's a good back-up :yes: albeit I believe he's a bit on the "short" side as QB's go.... he's got moxie tho and his pass to camarillo saved the dolphins from going 0-16 - gogo Cleo!