1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots ordered to turn in all spying video and other related material...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by loweezy, Sep 16, 2007.

1. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    If Pats don't comply, more sanctions likely coming...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3022773

One thing they have to point back to is the Green Bay game. They knew Estrella was recording the defensive coaches of the Packers. If they fail to produce that video tape, then Goodell may issue more penalties for them. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

2. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I hope he gets what is really do him.

Mort said that he has a library of all opponents, coaches & co-ordinators. Not only is it video but also audio. So if a coach moves into his division or they are playing a team he has tape on that particular coach/coordinator. Not to say it is illegal, but how the tapes were made from could become illegal. This thing is primed to explode!:icon_rofl:

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

It's goingto take a big truck to deliver all of the illegal material.

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Mebbe onea Shammie's big rigs?? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :tup: :flag:

5. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Has anyone been watching FSN? Word has it they had a copy of the Jets tape that was confiscated and showed parts of it on the air. Anyone see that?

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    If the pats don't comply they'll be in much worse trouble. If they do comply they may be in much worse trouble. Good.

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I saw it. Close up of D coach hand signals then panning up to score board for down and distance. Guilty. :icon_evil:

8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    How did Fox get a copy of that tape? League headquarters and Goodell said they had confiscated the tape during the game and no live feeds came from that camera. The Pats had no opportunity to make copies.

Who released the tape?

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Same person who releases players names early when they are caught abusing banned substances.

10. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Hmmm...maybe Goodell needs to do a little housecleaning.

Something tells me he isn't long for that job.

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think he will be there quite a while. The NFL as a whole has needed a man who is willing to stand up to the players. The Patriots getting caught video taping gives the whole league a black eye. It is good that Goodell is there to take steps to prevent this from going on.

He will be around a wile in my opinion, Goodell is good for the NFL.

12. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm having to guess a pats fan or pats employee. Those turds are the scum of the earth.:yes:

14. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Doesn't make sense. There were no copies. The tape was confiscated before it got out of the camera, and there were no live feeds from that camera. The only people who could have had the tape were league officials.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Napoleon is credited with once telling his generals, give me a mule loaded with gold and I can open the gates to any city in the world.

It is no different here. There are employees of the NFL who will do something for a buck. Just as there are coaches who will do anything for a win.

16. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Simply compounds the problems inherent throughout the NFL and within its governing board.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No not really. The problem is with figures who come to think that they are bigger than the game. But Goodell is sorting that out in short order.

18. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    So can I conclude you sanction the league's releasing the tapes to the media as being OK?

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No, I also hasten to inform you that the league did not release them.

So I can only conclude that you are angry as any fan of a team who was embarrassed by their bigger than life head coach. You don't like that the teflon has fallen off your teams image and you have found out that they are not all that you thought.

Now you want to blame it on anything else that re-establishes the illusion you had of your team. Sorry cant help you there. Your 'great' coach has screwed all you fans and tarnished the best portion of history that your team has ever known. Reach down, man up and put the blame where it belongs and stop trying to catch a red herring to make excuses with.

20. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    And you know this how?

I'm not trying to make excuses, and your straw man arument is well-taken. I'm just curious where the thing came from?