1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Patriots Update their logo based on a perfect regular season

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Concudan, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,358

OOOOOOOH! Name calling!!!!

The last resort of a fan who's team didn't make the playoffs.

No excuses here. And ANY football fan worth their weight in spit (which you aren't) would know that the Pats have EVERYTHING to lose. Think about that while thinking about the next NFL draft.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    That I'm right and you're...still a loser?

3. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    Dude, it's an * asterisk. As in they got caught cheating, so maybe their perfect season, isn't so perfect. Like when MLB put an * on Roger Maris' 61 record beating homers because he didn't do it in the same amount of games The Babe did. Like Barry Bonds will ultimately get on his records. If they aren't thrown out all together.

4. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    I'll be your Huckleberry...........

Lay off the booze Donkey Man. If you aren't challenging for the right to be in the Superbowl then STFU and get back to game planning for us next year. Good luck with that. 2x Sweep.

5. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    It cost Merriman an MPV season last year. A performance enhancement still smells like a rose, even if called by another name, right?

Any reason Billycheat shouldn't fall in the same category, under the same rules? How 'bout Brady's MVP? He took calls from a person bending the rules, right? Thus, the asterisk.

Get used to the fact you are surrounded by asterisks due to poor decision making by the upper management of the NFL Patriots.....:icon_eek:

6. PhatsR

PhatsR BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    mmmmmm, but there is no asterisk. Only in the minds of a few bitter fans is there an asterisk.

7. PhatsR

PhatsR BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, Pats fans will thinking hard when the Pats use the first round pick acquired from the 49'ers.

8. WTE

WTE BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I just hope that after NE beats SD later on today the Leadership Team here doesn't trick all Patriot fans to reset their passwords and then ban them when they do.

That's what happened last year on the Official Chargers forum because they were too thin-skinned to hear an opposing view.

C'mon fellas. You guys are better than that.

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    You're are of course correct about this. Our coach wasn't fined $500,000 this season for cheating, nor do we have to forfeit our first round pick for cheating. So, as you say, we're not in the same class at all. :icon_shrug:

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Nope, we don't need to trick anyone to ban them. It's really simple, if you are here just to troll and try to cause trouble, you will be banned. If you're here to talk football and offer a different point of view, then welcome to the site. Unfortunately, a large percentage of recently registered posters have fit into that first category. Which are you?

11. LightningStrikes

LightningStrikes New Member

Ratings:
    +34

There will always be an asterisk associated with this Patriots team. That's a fact Nancy. :yes:

12. LightningStrikes

Ratings:
    +34
    Wow, you must be so pround that you won't even tell us whose team you're a fan of. I'm guessing you route for the donkeys. Am I right?

Oh, one more thing sunshine, the Chargers do have a championship. An AFL championship. One they beat the Boston Patriots to win. No, it wasn't since the merger, but that makes it no less valid. So next time, know what the hell you're talking about before you spout off like a fool.

13. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    No, that was when they got caught cheating, they were doing it for a long time before that. Only they and the NFL know how long because after a 3/4 of a million dollar payoff the NFL destroyed all the evidence that they were given. I'm sure there's more and that it still continues because once a cheater, always a cheater. This picture may be a clue as to how http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-18937423.jpg?size=67&uid={31ba6e6a-20ae-4a70-bff2-d54fb20e58cc}

Watch this and maybe you'll see things a little clearer

14. JACKSON

JACKSON BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Great film it brings back a lot of fond memories. Just checked and the NFL hasn't put an asterisk on any records or Super bowls. Not one next to the 2 wins over SD either. Just a guess but I think they know more than you. NE fans laugh at all the haters. It's fun when your teams a winner. Maybe you will experience it one day just not today.

15. nickspops

nickspops BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I am a diehard fan of the Denver Broncos, yes the same team you have beat the last 2 years, both games. AFL Championships are like Arena League titles! BFD. I was referring to titles since the merger jackhole. Those are the only titles that matter. Quit cryin' about yesterday's game, you were overmatched from the opening kickoff. Have a nice offseason and we'll see ya next year....... out!

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Overmatched? Sounds like you didn't watch the game and know less about football than my 3 year old son.

If you look up 'overmatched', you'll see your Broncos listed.

17. LightningStrikes

Ratings:
    +34
    I see when you can't talk rationally you resort to calling me a "jackhole". Also, smart guy, how could I be crying about yesterdays game if I haven't posted since 6:22am pst yesterday. Just so you don't have do do any of that stuff called math, 6:22am pst yesterday was over 5 and a half hours before kickoff.

I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a complete hater is Denver Donkeys fan. I mean, really, that franchise is a steaming pile of dung these days, isn't it. It's awefully hard to remember a time when the Donkeys were a threat to anyone in the AFC West. How many on a row have the Donks lost to the Chargers now? I've lost count.

And here's a little more food for thought brainiac. AFL Championships do mean something. Before the merger, it was the furthest an AFL team could go. Both the Chargers and the Donkeys were original members of the AFL, yet the Chargers, Cheifs, & Raiders were able to win it all and the the Donkeys never did. Your "team" had the same opportunities to win the AFL, but won nothing over those years.

So next time you claim that the Chargers never won a Championship, please know that you are wrong. And, the next time you compare the AFL Championship to the Arena League, know that your team wasn't good enough for that title.

:lol:

18. nickspops

nickspops BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the last 2 years we have been overmatched in most games. I would be willing to bet that your 3 year old son knows more about football than you do! Your team got lucky to get as far as they did, be honest! And please don't give me the excuse that LT didn't play, that Cry me a Rivers was hurt as well as Gates. The thing I find funny is that your punk arse QB when he ran off the field before halftime yesterday didn't even look at the Pats fans when he is losing, yet when they are winning he talks alot of crap! What a bunch of chumps! How does it fell to see 2 of your former players who you dropped because they were"too old" beat you??? The only reason you kept it close for 3 quarters was because Touchdown Tommy had an bad game. Usually when teams turnover the ball 3 times in a game they lose....... but all your sorry team could do is put 4 fg's on the board....... sorry.

19. nickspops

nickspops BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    First of all learn proper spelling and grammer.......JACKHOLE! "Just so you don't have do do any of that stuff called math....." It should be "to do" not "do do", or were you referring to your teams performance yesterday, then it would be "do do". Then you say, "I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a complete hater is Denver Donkeys fan. It should read, "I guess it shouldn't surprise me that a complete hater is a Denver Donkeys fan." And finally, you mention, " How many on a row have the Donks lost to the Chargers now?" SHouldn't it be, "How many in a row have the Donks lost to the Chargers now?" Go back to 3rd grade and learn proper spelling and grammer.

Back to football, every year the Broncos are a threat not only in the AFC West, but in the AFC. If you didn't notice, for most of this year we were ranked higher than the Chargers in the ESPN and Fox Sports.com power rankings. Not until the collapse vs. Chicago, or should I say vs. Devin, "the Devil" Hester we were in the top 10 or 15, where the Charges were ranked in the top 15 to 20. All I have to say is I can not wait until next year when the Rivers gets the crap knocked out of him for all the trash talking he did to Cutler. Give Cutler 5 years and I bet he will be a far superior QB that Rivers ever will be. I bet Rivers won't be a starter in 5 years.

20. LightningStrikes

Ratings:
    +34
    Wow, you're a genius. You can't even recognize the difference between incorrect grammar and a typo. But, reach for what ever insult you can find. It makes you look silly.

Cutlet is severely over rated. The Donkeys will be the Bolts biitches for seasons to come. You have no line, offensive or defensive. Champ is over the Hill. You've got Brandon Marshall who's decent, but after that, what decent skill players do you have? Admit it. You're in rebuilding mode. Seriously, you should have kept Jake Plummer.

Now, I'd love to take your bet about whether or not Rivers will be a starter 5 years from now, but I bet you won't be a poster here 5 weeks from now. Seriously kid, go play some video games, because you're embarrassing yourself with your lack of football knowledge.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Wow...it's amazing someone as ignorant as you is allowed to walk the streets. Whatever you do, don't have any kids. That would just contaminate the genepool even further.

Rivers has always talked and put your boy Jay "Pick-Six" Cutler in his place. Cutler's talk **** when is team only scores 6 points in TWO games. SIX! If any team has a WHINY B***H for a QB, it's Denver and ONLY Denver. Hell, I'll even bet that OAKLAND has a better season next year than you do.

Brady had a bad game? Yes, thanks to our defense. But then again, Denver knows all about San Diego's defense after getting B***H slapped 4 straight games.

As for you, enjoy your time OUT of the playoffs for years to come. That's ok though. You can always go back home and bite your pillow.

22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    There, fixed it for you! :lol:

:eek:wned:

• Like Like x 1
  23. LightningStrikes

Ratings:
    +34
    There, fixed it for you! :lol:

:eek:wned:[/QUOTE]

How embarrassing that he's correcting other people's grammar and spelling. :icon_rofl:

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,358
    And 'it' got banned too. :icon_rofl:

25. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Again who cares if the Patsies wear their SB crown for 900-0 it will always be a "TAINTED" franchise and anyone of their fans can be taken to task with the CHEATING allegations that were PROVEN FACTS!

All their SB ARE tainted and all of Brady's records are TAINTED and all of BeliCHEATS acomplishments are TAINTED! and will always be TAINTED by the CHEATING scandal.

Stan :rivers17:

26. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Good job:tup: By the way, I love your avatar with the blue bolts. It actually might look better than the actual unis.