1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots vs Steelers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +345
    Anyone watching? Of course you are!

3 Patriot rookie offensive linemen keeping Brady upright, and all kinds time to pass... :poop:

2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I can tell you one thing I see. Neither of these defenses could stop a nose bleed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Steelers just ran a draw on 3rd and goal from the 8.

When did they hire Norv Turner?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Poor DeAngelo Williams. The guy is having his best statistical game in 2 years, and can't get any carries inside the 5. Dude would have 25-30 fantasy points if they would give him the ball down there.

5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    While I've always had to admire Brady's talent, I've never rooted for the guy.

But I find myself doing so tonight.

I felt that "Deflategate" was a petty, overblown (never mind incompetent) witch-hunt from Day One.
    No team should have their leader taken off the field on such lousy "evidence."

I'm sure my Charger partisanship will override this current soft spot for Tom...
    but right now, I want to see him do well.

p.s. It doesn't hurt that I've disliked Roethlisberger since Milledgeville...

p.p.s. And no, I'm too much of a realist to expect that those that yelled that Brady was
    guilty (and kept insisting that real evidence really did exist somewhere, and would eventually be offered to prove Brady broke some rule...any rule) will now admit that they were wrong...
    it's okay...we know...and the "evidence" must've got lost in the mail... :p

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Any updates? Anyone even care?

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    How poorly coached were the Steelers tonight? Terrible playcalling. Penalties. Missed FGs. Couldn't get lined up on defense. They didn't even bother covering Gronk on a few plays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    My fantasy team loves that Antonio Brown garbage time TD and that my opponent had Williams on his bench with only Ladarius Green able to be his flex now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    With Josh Scobee missing two very makeable field goals (44 & 46 yards) that could’ve chaned the direction of the game, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pittsburgh working out Nick Novak & other out of work placekickers within the next couple days just in case they need to sign one on short notice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    Have gronk in my fantasy team...27 pts not bad

11. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +301
    Neither team impressed me at all. I thought the Steelers blew this game more than the Patriots won it. That was an impressive number of unforced mistakes that they made.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Gronk is unstoppable though

13. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    Yeah, that last touchdown...the commentator said the crowd called it. As soon as I saw him shifting outside... "Fade into the corner"...*pause*

Brady fades to Gronk, although it wasn't even much of a fade, just threw it a snag high.

I agree with regards to both teams. I mean it's early, and the Patriots are good at making adjustments. It did give a feeling that we have a chance. It's been a rough last few years for us, so I think we're all hoping it's going to better for us because both are completely beatable if our offense is clicking.

I'm not sure about Reich's play calls. I don't like being predictable

14. Bonzi Jones

Bonzi Jones BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +84
    From the unnecessary trick play to the Missed FGs to bad play calls inside the 5... and they still were in the game. And thats just the Offensive side of the ball... We not looking at the complete negligence to attempt to cover receivers. Or be able to diagnose that they gonna run the same play they just ran the past 2 downs. Pretty bad coaching that game.

15. Bonzi Jones

Bonzi Jones BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +84
    Yea, but you can say that for pretty much anyone if you decide to come up with the brilliant idea to not cover him.

16. Bonzi Jones

Bonzi Jones BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +84
    Not only did everyone know it was going back to Gronk, but just like the goaline possession before, the back motions out wide to the strong side and you let your 1 DB roll out with him instead of keeping him on the side with gronk to give you a fighting chance in a 1v1 matchup.

17. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Lots of thoughtful replies on this forum about the deflategate witch-hunt.....it's giving me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Headset-gate!!!

19. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Looks like both of those teams have regressed. Can't complain.