1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pats-Chargers showdown lacking usual sizzle

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/colum...n_john&id=3633823&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos2

2. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    ouch.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm not a psycked for this game as I should be.

5. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
  6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This game has a huge bearing on our season. The fact that it's the Patsies is irrelevant. We need wins to stay in contention in the AFC West. This team needs to get the monkey off it's back and doing against these guys will be a real attitude boost. Falling flat will eat at their heads.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We need a win, period!!!
    I'll still be there yelling my lungs out as always.

8. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    This is just a game for the Chargers as I see it. It's a pivotal game, don't get me wrong, but it is not some "line in the sand" type of game within the Pats/Bolts rivalry. If the Chargers win the press will chime in with the obvious, but unnecessarily condescending, "Well, they didn't face the Patriots with Tom Brady." Maybe the Bolts will feel like they got the monkey off their back by beating us, but that will be short lived. The national press will be quick to squash any feeling of accomplishment by the Bolts.

If the Pats win........you guys will get killed in the press. They'll really hammer home the Cassel/Brady thing to the point that it'll even annoy me! They'll chalk it up to the Pats "having the Charger's number." Again, more sensational BS that they feel the need to spout off about.

You guys need to win to save your season.

The Patriots need to win to prove they can beat a real team.

The team that loses tomorrow will be in a world of hurt within their conference.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Good post Beerguy. The only thing is, which Charger team will show up Sunday? Hell, even WE don't know....:icon_shrug:

10. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Both teams need to win this game if both want to stay in contention for the divisonal crown.

The Chargers have dropped three, and the Bills are playing well.

11. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    No. We need it more. Bills have gotten incredibly lucky and should 2-3, just like we should be 4-1. With edwards out; the bills won't be as much of a threat. If we lose this game. There is a 10% chance that we win the div. although if we win, you guys are still in mthe hunt. Sadly us bolts fans can't determine what bolt team is going to show up :no:

I agree, this should be a battle of the undefeated. Sadly injuries had to spoil the party. :tdown:.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Bolts need to focus on wins, not ‘rivalry’

I believe that this is what the mantra needs to be on Sunday night. The Chargers need to win no matter what not just for pride but to stay in the running for the playoffs. This night is not just about rivalry its about survival in the league. The team has the ability to win but they need to show some HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

:bolt::bolt::bolt: GO CHARGERS :bolt::bolt::bolt::abq2::abq2::abq2:

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Rivalry is meaningless at this point. The Chargers have to look at this as a game against a team they have to beat or see the walls of the hole they have dug for themselves begin to crumble.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I agree, RC. Our backs are against the wall right now. I hate to use the term "must win", but I honestly believe that that is where we are. We need to see a huge attitude shift this game by both the players & the coaches. This game needs to about the "W", of course, but even more it needs to be about putting some fear back into our opponents. No one is afraid of this team right now. We have to be physical, aggressive, & shove this game right down the Pats' throat.

15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Anyone know if Shawne will be with the team on the field today? I know that was the plan, once he was mobile enough to be on the sidelines and supporting the team. I think having him there would be good for them, or at least the defense. Psychological boost ya know?

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If he is, they better station some big ugly dudes around so no unfortunate accident's happen.:tup:

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Excellent idea. Afterall, you never know what Belichick has up those torn sweatshirt sleeves. :lol:

18. HughC

HughC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    The Chargers need this game a lot more than the Patriots do. First of all it's a home game for the Chargers. Second, the Patriots are not expected to win. But most importantly, New England can afford to lose this game more than the Chargers can. The Patriots lose and they are still 3-2; the Chargers lose and they go to 2-4 and have to travel across country to face a rested team that has only lost one game.

19. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I didn't have bino's on me, but a guy near me did and said he saw Shawne there on the bench cheering his team on. :tup: