1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pats Fans Boo Junior Seau

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolt Attack, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Bolt Attack

Bolt Attack BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    After the game tonight I stayed and watched the presentation of the AFC Championship trophy. During the presentation they had some Pats players, to include Junior, say a few words. As soon as Junior got up the first thing he said was (this will be a paraphrase but pretty close to quotes) " The first thing I want to do is thank my hometown San Diego and the Chargers for a great game...." As soon as he said that the stadium which was still full started booing him.

I for one appreciated the effort and thought that he was extended San Diego and the Chargers. And I for one will root for the Patriots (I know...lol) so that we can see Junior get his ring. He is and always will be a Charger at heart. It should be noted that rooting for the Patriots is now much easier since the Giants and Eli won.

2. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

It would be funny if Seau won a SB this year, leaves the Pats to possibly retire, then signs with SD for one last final year as extra depth at the LB position, then we win the SB next year with him on the team:lol:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Patriot fans
    as Classy and Bright as always

4. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117

Yeah, and they got mad when the Colts fans booed that girl for the punt, pass and kick awards.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I gained A LOT of (new) respect for Seau after recent interviews I've seen with him. He STILL is a Charger at heart!!

6. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Seau is too classy for Boston…it is a shame he sold his sole. I hope he gets his ring, only because I can not bear to think about Eli getting one.
    Seau is a son of San Diego…he needs to come home!

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I think he should head home to San Diego as well

8. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Why not, we are going to be the front runner for the SB next year, he could leave NE and sign a 1 year deal with SD to back up our LB's. Then he could go out on a high note, as a Charger, and as a SB champion:tup:

Crazier things have happened.:icon_tease:

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Seau is pretty crafty to fake a retirement so that his former team the Dolphins would release him, opening the door to sign with the Pats.

But it does suck for the Pats fans to boo him for his kind words about SD. I'll be rooting for him to win his first SB.

10. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117

Is Seau a FA????:icon_huh:

11. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I like that scenario actually :lol I like him.

I knew he would, uh, p*zz off the very humble and tolerant NE fans when he started his speech with something like "I will always be a San Diego Charger"....

12. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    dude, seau is awesome. its just i dont like seein him in a pats uniform cuz he really IS too classy for such a loser organization. i have new respect for the man and for SOME pat fans (hoodie).

13. Boo

Boo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I find this a tad insulting, as I am a Pats fan.

I heard the smattering of boos mentioned here, and I for one was not happy to hear them. We, Pats fans, have a ton of respect for Seau and love what he has brought to this team.

But lets keep a little perspective here.

1) This is a rivalry, and being as such, Pats fans are not going to suddenly embrace the Bolts and go hands-across-the-water for them, especially right after we had just beaten them in the AFC championship game. Especially after they have so publicly shown a lack of respect for the Patriots.

2) Football fans in a stadium, who have been drinking, do not represent a team's entire fan base. If one were to judge a team's fan base on this premise, then it would be a good idea to quarantine Oakland, for fear of any Raiders fans escaping the city limits.

3) When it comes to being classy, SD has a few skeletons in their closet as well. All teams, all players, and all fans, can have their moments of weakness or less than desirable behavior.

In the end, this is a game. A game that is played by full grown men who make a ridiculous amount of money to play it. Insinuating that a population has no class and is not bright based on this incident is somewhat ironic in and of itself.

14. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Unfortunately this is just one more piece of data 0f the Pat fans from a myriad of input. I’m sure there are classy Pat fans, but few have visited this sight. You may be one…the jury is still out, but so far so good!

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What the Hell are you talking about? :icon_shrug:

16. Boo

Boo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Bounce 'em for a Chargers win.

Very classy.

:lol:

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Thank you but what are you talking about when you said "especially after they have so publicly shown a lack of respect for the Patriots?"

Please explain.

18. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Trashy, not classy! :icon_rofl:

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    DO not even pretend that you wouldn't be shoving this in our face if one of our players had talked about the Patriots and the fans booed them. Lord knows you guys have been making generalizations about us all week long, so please don't come off so innocent. No I don't expect us to go sing kumbayah together but still that was as dumb and messed up as can be.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'm willing to give the Pats their props for the season they've put together, & I'll reluctantly root for them in the SB because of Junior & my allegiance to the AFC.

As for you & your classy fans - time to go back to your circle jerk on the Pats boards. There will be no campfire songs sung here. See ya next time.

21. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    The TV in the bar had switched to Giant-Packers pre-game before that so I didn't see it.

And I don't know if it was a handful of idiots or a lot of idiots, but those who booed Jr. just like the Colt fans who booed Anna Grant the week before are idiots.

I did see his press conference after the game on the web this morning.
    (http://www.patriots.com/homepage/ if you are interested)

In it he said he is a Charger, will always be a Charger and San Diego is his home. He ended the conf with congratulations to the Chargers particularly on the win over the Colts.

I have a lot of respect for him saying that. Different fans have different reactions to player movement. Many Patriots fans consider Adam Vinateri a traitor for going to the Colts Personally, I wish Adam well and hope he breaks all the records he is after (just not in games against the Patriots). Likewise, some see Jr. being a fan of the Chargers as divided loyalty. I don't, as long as he play 100% for the NE, which he has. I respect his roots.

I am glad he has played for the Patriots he has add a lot to the team and I would never boo him.

22. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Seau didn't fake a retirement to get the Dolphins to release him. He was with the Pats last year. Junior ended the season on IR last year.

23. 3 Time World Champs

3 Time World Champs Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    The difference is booing a 13 year old girl and a 39 year old man giving props to San Diego - If you don't understand the difference then I am all with your wife leaving you!

24. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    But he is also one of ours. If Jr. wants to give props to the Chargers at the end of the game I am going to clap. If at the end of a game with the 49rs, Tom Brady says nice things about the team he rooted for as boy, I am going to clap.

Jr is part of the reason why we are going to the SB. Patriots fans should be happy for Jr. And when he does something as classy as acknowledging the fine effort of the opponent a real fan would clap.

Its not like he was accused of battering a women, he congratulated the the other team -- he won't get your support for that?

I have no problem with Booing. I would boo River's trash talking the fans, Meriman's stupid dances and LT being a wuss. But you don't boo your own players for being class acts.

Jr. is a class act.

25. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I would also boo Ellis Hobbs for doing the Merriman dance on OUR field AND logo last year, Seymours Dirty/Cheap shots and Bruski's disrespectful rant towards our players and team after the playoff game last year in San Diego. It's all good Hoodie. :yes:

26. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Of course. I look forward you guys booing Patriots players as they do Merriman's dance in the middle of your logo next year at the end of the game. :icon_twisted:

Just don't boo the winners of the pee-wee football league if they get honored.

Its all good. :yes:

27. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I hope Seau plants a knockout shot on Eli.

28. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Typically, when a team congratulates a tough opponent, the fans cheer. Pats fans revealed themselves to be the douche bags they are yesterday. They barely cheered during the game, seemed fairly disinterested and then booed one of their own, a guy who really made the play of the game on 3rd and 1 with the Chargers looking to take the lead.

29. Brady The MVP

Brady The MVP BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Clearly the undefeated Patriots won't be the favorite, but the 13-6 Chargers will be.

30. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    pats fans also booded when the owner congratulated the Chargers :icon_shrug: