1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pats/Jets.....Does Brady have......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltsnow, Nov 22, 2009.

1. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Any friends in the NFL? He seems to be the only one week after week to just run off the field without shaking hands or talking to anyone after a game, win or lose. For the life of me I can't think of anyone else in the NFL that does that.

PS: Way to go BOLTS!!!!
    As satisfying as this game was to watch I was almost getting bored by it. I wanted to see the Bolts embarrass the bastards and it seemed that once we had a decent lead it was just sit on the ball time. They knew we wee going to run and their DB's didn't seem to even be playing anywhere near our WR's. Also, when is LT going to get 100 yards????

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Let's send him a case of hand sanitizer. I mean, the only reason he's not shaking hands is because he's afraid of getting the flu, right? I mean, it couldn't be that he's just an *******, right? :lol:

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    A 30 point lead is not embarassing? Getting gashed by Tolbert and Hester isn't embarassing? Failing to score a TD at home isn't embarrassing? Christ, some people can never be happy.

As for LT, there was no reason to run him in the 4th quarter, especially since he seemed a tad gimpy. That would have been foolish.

4. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    You know how Dallas won so many Superbowls in the '90s?

You just watched it.

Score fast, then run the opponent into oblivion. :icon_toast:

5. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    As long as Brady is consistent, win or lose, I don't think he should have to shake hands. Who cares? why should NFL players all be friends.

6. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Respect, something that the Pats lack no matter the coach or player.

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Fu*k Tom Brady, The Patriots and their fan's! :yes:

8. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Respect?

Respect in the NFL is measured in $$$ and/or Superbowl rings. That's what these guys understand. If Brady doesn't shake someone's hand, who cares?

For all I know he sends them roses the next day. Maybe he pats them on the *** BEFORE the game and says, "Just thought I'd get this out of the way now, so I can rush home to my hot wife right after the game."

Either way, I don't care.

I don't think you should help opponents off the ground either. These guys are all roided out and angry. You really can't expect according to Hoyle type manners.

If you're looking to cuddle rent Fried Green Tomatoes and sip Chardonnay with your lady friends.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    What a surprise! :no:

10. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    Should Pat fans be added in to those who also have no respect? So are you those people that if you see, for instance, a kid getting bullied that you just walk away and let them get their asses kicked? Sure football may be a physical game, that doesn't mean that you can't respect your opponents in said game. I have never seen anything from the Pats that indicate that they respect anyone and they continue to reinforce the fact that they don't ie cheating, running up the score, going for it on 4th down with huge leads, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    It's called gamesmanship. Before games you talk smack, during the game you are enemies & after the game it's a mutual respect.

12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    sports⋅man⋅ship

 /ˈspɔrts[​IMG]mənˌʃɪp, ˈspoʊrts-/ [​IMG] Show Spelled Pronunciation [spawrts-muh[​IMG]n-ship, spohrts-] [​IMG] Show IPA –noun 1.the character, practice, or skill of a sportsman.2.sportsmanlike conduct, as fairness, courtesy, being a cheerful loser, etc.

Origin:
    1735–45; sportsman + -ship [​IMG]

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Embarassing in the sense that I would have loved that we scored at will. Sure it was nice to have 3 TD's but we also had 4 FG's. That to me says that they stopped us from scoring more. Am I happy? Absolutely, but I would have loved to see LT have a career game against these guys. I was also all for sitting LT.

I am all for a win is a win is a win. But there are some teams that you just want to destroy. My take on the game is even though we won by 29,,,,,it's just didn't feel like it.:icon_tease:

14. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Hmmmm. Maybe that was a better word for me to use instead of gamesmanship. :icon_huh:

15. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Tom Brady......

sports⋅man  

/ˈspɔrtsmən, ˈspoʊrts-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [spawrts-muhn, spohrts-] Show IPA –noun, plural -men. 1. a man who engages in sports, esp. in some open-air sport, as hunting, fishing, racing, etc.

Check.

Nowhere, in that definition, does it imply that you have to play grab *** with someone on the other team.

Are you accusing Brady of being a less than cheerful winner?

In golf, you shake hands after the match. I get it, hell, I do it after a match. Does everyone shake hands, in every sport, after every game? I think not. Are they all bad sports? No. You just don't hate all those other guys.

16. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    What a surprise, again! :no:

17. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    I think there are plenty of ways to show respect, shaking hands isn't the only way to do it. I am not saying Brady is an angel or anything, but not shaking hands (if he does it win or lose) is not in and of itself, being disrespectful. I don't watch enough Pats games to know if Brady does or doesn't shake hands most of the time.

As an analogy (and at the risk of bringing religion to the board), I am sure there are plenty of religious players that don't take a knee with other players after the game (as many do). Doesn't make them religious, it just isn't their thing.

I can't believe I am (sort of) defending Brady.

18. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Hmmm....so I guess 32-3 isn't running up the score? Couldn't you guys have stopped trying at 28?

By the way, that whole watching a kid get his *** kicked thing was just dumb. I've jumped into terrible situation to protect complete strangers, both male and female. Seriously, such a stupid, throw away comment.

Not shaking someone's hand is a lot less disrespectful than Merriman's sack dance. Just my opinion, but an opinion none the less.

19. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    People people people......please look at what I said to start the thread.....shake hands "or talk to anyone". It always seems like players on opposing teams always have someone on the other team that they are either friends with, were friends with, went to college with or had a past rivalry that maybe they are catching up on old times about. A for the brat, he just never seems to have any interest in anyone. Not even his own teammates. Hell, I am a scubadiver and mo matter where I go if I find someone with the same interest you always find something to talk about.

I guess I just find it difficult to believe that week in and week out he just chooses to leave. Guess he has to be home when his wife is expecting him to be. God forbid he gets home late.

20. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Considering our game average is 26 points before this game, then no, that isn't running up the score. Hell, we had 4 FG's. I'd say we took it easy on them.

21. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    You basically said that you shouldn't help someone off the ground and I was just using an analogy because it appears you think nobody should be given any respect such as the respect of being helped out if someone was getting the **** kicked out of them because from what was implied by the bolded part, everyone should fend for themselves instead of being respectful and helping someone off the ground.

22. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    &

is any1 shocked dat a cheataroos fan sticks of fer Mr. Bundchen ? these r da same pep that think the hoodie didnt cheat he was just unaware of the rule

[​IMG]

23. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    It's just that Brady NEVER does it. Arrogance trickles down from the coach. Him not shaking hands AT ALL proves that.

It's not like he pretended to piss on the opposing teams logo after a win...oh wait...someone from the Pats did that. :icon_tease:

But I do get your other points though.

24. Brundlefly

Ratings:
    +370
    That's actually one of the two games I'm referring to where I was disgusted. I remember they were up maybe 42-0 or something and went for it on 4th down and got a 50+ TD pass. Same thing against Ten this year when it was 4th and goal and they went for it in the 3rd quarter.

25. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Sorry, that's a good point, I get it now. I missed your logic in the first post.

I don't know, maybe he is a loner. Maybe he's agoraphobic?

26. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Funny coming fan of a coach who's run it up a number of times. Or did you just conviently forget the hoodie did it against Washington 2 seasons ago?

27. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    If I beat the **** out of you, I promise you that I won't be helping you up off the ground. For the record, I don't go around beating the **** out of people, before I'm branded a sociopath.

If a stranger is beating the **** out of a teenager in a parking lot, that stranger is in for a surprise if I can get to him.

What we were originally talking about was the code of conduct within a sporting arena. It's a completely different envirnonment than the outside world. If we all acted like hockey players they'd have to build 100's of prisons to hold us.

28. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Running up the score isn't an issue with me. If one team can't stop another, well, that's just too bad.

If it happens to the Pats, so what.

Why is scoring a lot of points a problem? Does it hurt peoples feelings? C'mon.

29. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Have you ever heard Brady say a bad word about another player or coach in the NFL?

30. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Is English your second language? I've always been impressed by people that can speak multiple languages.