1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pats sued over alleged spying on Rams

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Kwak, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Link

This just keeps getting better! :lol:

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Fox and Belichik have to he kicking themselves for not taking Goodell's warning seriously!!!

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Let them get whats coming to them:yes::yes:

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Anyone think this will all just blow over and be forgotten?

The Pats are now the Black Sox of the NFL.

5. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I don't think it'll just blow over after goodell destroyed the evidence

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Bob Kraft will just end up writing a big fat check for an undisclosed amount as part of a settlement. He doesn't want this getting any uglier than it already is.

7. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I want to see if Specter will actually go as far as a subpeona for Walsh.

If that happens, things will really start to get hairy - and man, I'm going to stock up on some popcorn.

On the flip side, I hate that this is happening to the NFL, and Goodell's early-season coverup has come home to roost. It's a disgrace to the league, and as NFL fans, we really should be outraged if it turns out the Pats did in fact cheat. This can do nothing but hurt the game - but to DO nothing is to turn the NFL into Pro Wrestling.

Sometimes the only way to prevent gangrene is to just chop it off. Or have maggots eat the dead stuff. Either way the **** sucks.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If Walsh is subpoenaed, there can be no lawsuit over the sworn testimony. I suspect this is what Walsh's attorney's are quietly angling for.

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    It's all a joke to me. This and the Clemens hearings are equally ridiculous. I believe Roger Clemens took 'roids. I believe the Pats went beyond what is stipulated in the rules. But I think the people who are currently conducting these "hearings" or "investigations" are complete buffoons.

I think baseball's handling of the 'roids issue was embarrassing.

I think Goodell's handling of "Spygate" was less than spectacular, but still pretty solid. Arlen Specter looks like a bitter fan to me. That's it. I loved how Goodell basically ignored the guy's faxes and letters until the old badger took it to the media. Guess I'm one of the few who think Goodell did the right thing in destroying the tapes before they fell into the hands of some punk who's gonna Youtube and TMZ 'em.

10. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    There is an upside and downside to him destroying the tapes. Sure, no one can get their hands on them that would do that, but now no one except anyone who watched the tapes knows how much the tapes had on them and if they taped the rams practices...

11. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    They only turned over 6 tapes and those only had information going back to 2006. Maybe they taped over the other 100+ games because tape is so expensive. :icon_shrug:

12. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    :lol: Maybe

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    The fly in the ointment is Walsh's tapes. Otherwise I would think that what's on the tape would be defined as hearsay.