1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

people we should pick up off of waivers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by charger1993, Sep 1, 2010.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    8/30 Kyle Calloway (G) cut
    8/31 Will Ta'ufo'ou (RB) cut
    8/29 Antonio Bryant (WR) cut
    8/30 Ben Tate (RB) Placed on IR. " i know they wont let him go easily so y not try to give them one of our Rbs like brinkley or mcneal? they are in need..
    8/31 Ricky Sapp (LB) Placed on IR (knee). fifth round pick who can play line or linebacker im sure theres someone we can trade like travis johnson for him

we can make room for every one of theese guys easily

for kyle calloway we cut Clark, Corey
    for will ta'ufo'ou we cut Latsko, Billy
    for antonio bryant we cut Reed, Josh
    for ben tate we trade Brinkley, Curtis i love brinkley but tate is way better and the texans need to run now
    for ricky sapp we trade Tucker, Jyles, sapp is injuried and we can hit the gold mine with him he can play d line or linebacker, i want this kid bad

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Rumors swirl that Antonio Bryant could be done

Posted by Mike Florio on August 31, 2010 8:03 AM ET
    With the Bengals cutting receiver Antonio Bryant and Bryant intending to get his balky knee to 100 percent, there's a chance that Bryant may never get his knee to 100 percent -- and thus that he'll never play again.

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports recently explained that multiple sources have characterized Bryant's career as being in jeopardy.

"He barely practiced in training camp and now this happens," one source with knowledge of the situation told Cole. "The guy can't stay healthy at this point. He gets to the point that he's feeling good, then it swells on him again. When that keeps happening, that's a very strong indication that there are structural problems."

Agent Peter Schaffer told Cole that Bryant does not plan to have any further surgery on the knee, and that Bryant plans to play this year.

It still remains to be seen whether Bryant seeks compensation from the Bengals for cutting him while injured. In the end, it could be that the $7.85 million the team paid to Bryant could grow, via $176,000 per week until Bryant is healthy.

Rumors swirl that Antonio Bryant could be done | ProFootballTalk.com

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Think beef

Linemen

think linemen !

4. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    our line is looking good right now

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Holy shiit that's an awful (as in "terrible") list of potential pickups. /thread

6. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    the only one questionable on that list is antonio bryant??? kyle calloway looked good and could be a solid back up if dumbo goes down.. will ta'if'fou or what ever his name is looked great against us, he can catch and run better than hester, im anti hester, but latsko could disappear if this kid gets added, and ben tate and ricky sapp would both be upgrades, if brinkley goes we bring in tate, tate plus mathews plus sproles sounds like the old days with LT,darren sproles, and michael turner, and ricky sapp is got the speed and power to destroy offences

7. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,423
    So, if we pick up Bryant who do we pick up after he can't play?

8. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    personally right now i dont see really no big names that could help, but theres this kid named malcom kelly who just got put on Ir and probably will be cut, this will be his 3rd season maybe if we pick him up hel break out

9. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    or this kid might be more of your taste Deion Branch, WR, Seattle:

10. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    Quick update pat white is on the verge of being cut, i say if hes cut drop crompton " if u havent seen hes garbage" and pick this kid up,

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    I don't know, I think he's kinda ugly.

pat-white1.jpg

12. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i meant cut, my bad on that typo, and idc what the kid looks like if he can play i want him on this team.he could be like nanee

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    OK, I'll admit I loved Ben Tate coming out of college... but he's on IR. Who knows if he'll ever actually play in the league. I'm also not a big believer in Hester, but we're not gonna drop him for people who are getting cut. AJ should have done as I told him and drafted John Conner. Then we wouldn't have to worry about a blocking fullback for 10years.

14. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i agree i to wanted john conner, i know he wont drop hester, but he will drop latsko, and hopefully tate would shine.. you're right tho we dont know if he ever will play but if he did, could u imagine our backfield, we could solidify this team as a super bowl champ with a couple of key pick ups

15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Buster Davis

16. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i mean we all know this team is just a inch from being unstoppable, all we need is 1 more receiver, and a solid 3rd string rb, and a lb who could pick up for merriman if he goes down again

17. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    ...and a defensive line that doesn't get plowed like a two dollar whore.

18. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    well right now the dline looks very solid,if im right about v martin and cam thomas are line should do work and hold off the blockers to free up our linebackers,i think if we do pick up ricky sapp we will be just fine

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    If I had to guess (which is all anyone can do right now)... I'd lean towards our D-line sucking a.ss again. although, last year they sucked a.ss and balls... so only sucking a.ss would be an upgrade I suppose. :thumbsup:

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I see no reason to pick up castoff's from another team in hopes that it will bring a Lombardi.

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Rivera dialed up the blitzes in pre-season to see what these dudes had. It was ****. On the other side, Rivers was hammered 3 times HARD and our right tackle makes me want Shane Olivea back and that dude sucked major league *** and eveything dangling in that area.

22. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    u forget if mathews is anything on what lt was it will take off the blitz alot, our line doesnt need to be legendary it just needs to get the job done

23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    No they don't, but released players aren't what we need. We need a starting quality LT so that Dombrowski can be moved to RT and Clary can ride the pine where he belongs

24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Well said.........

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,423
    We wouldn't have to worry about a Skynet invasion, either!

26. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    yea but a quality Lt is not gonna be found, i want mcneil to sign but aj is being a a hard ***.n i sure dont wanna trade a draft pick next year for one... and clary is our only run blocking o linemen, but i agree clary need to be benched

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Our run blocking is not even adequate. Our pass blocking had Rivers hammered HARD 3 times already. Put it this way, a good runner helps the passing game and vice versa BUT Rivers still needs to remain upright and intact and we all know that as gospel. We can hide short comings for a while by going to a quick strike game or draws but it limits our play calling ability. The deep game is essentially predictable because it is not there. We have to use more multiple TE sets to help out the tackles. That is basically telling the opponent what we can and can not do. That is crap and all because we have a deficiency - somewhere .....

28. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I know. I am just pointing out that our line is not doing fine right now

29. charger1993

Ratings:
    +162
    i agree, but i mean our line is no worse than last year, i believe no matter how bad the line is we will still get the job done

30. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    That isn't saying much because it really sucked last year, especially at run blocking. But then again, they did have a lot of injuries and rookie who was lost in the run game for much of the season. So with everyone healthy, and Vasques improving, the line should hopefully be better. The question is, how much better?