1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

peppers tagged, onto plan B

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by foober, Feb 19, 2009.

1. foober

foober BoltTalker

Aug 17, 2006
    Carolina franchised peppers. So on to plan B. Haynesworth or shaun cody or another good d-end in free agency. Or they trade down in the first round and get maybe the LSU d-end.

I don't think peppers wanted to play d-end in a 3/4 defense so its not too much of a problem he's out of the picture. Haynesworth would have been better. But his cost would be so much thats very probably not going to work.

Theres got to be a better d-end out there someplace that we can get. I still have hopes for shaun cody. RAmincil doesn't like him cause he played on a bad team. But those are the good players you can get on the cheap.

Now that we have sproles still on the team. The number 1 priority is getting the defense tougher and stronger. I still see maulauga in the future. We really need to get tougher and stronger on defense to make it work.

RAise your hand who's very tired of seeing rb's run over us time and time again. Got to be able to nullify the run option so teams can only try and pass on us. Which means we still need that better saftey. But in tight games we can't have teams running and getting first downs like they have for the last few years.

I'm still in fear of new england most of all with their quick short yardage pass game. Which means finding a better inside linebacker and saftey are a must along with finding that d-end that can stuff the run and get a pass rush.
  2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Jan 19, 2008
    ...Supposedly, Peppers was only willing to accept a trade to 4 teams with the Cowpokes being one of them. I'm not sure if the Bolts were one of the other three teams? I'll stand by my earlier guess that Peppers has a chance to wind up in Green Bay now that 3-4 DC Capers is over there. They need a bookend to their other DE playing LB experiment, Aaron Campman. If that shiat works they would have an awesome pass rush.

I agree that a nose tackle makes more sense and YES, I'm sick and tired of watching the Bolt D get pushed around on the ground. They used to be so stout against the run.
  3. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Sep 5, 2007
    No big money FAs. Possibly middling FAs. I think the Sean Jones idea is a good one. Get ready for a Bingham/Cesaire rotation at DE.
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Peppers on the Chargers would have been as likely as AJ inviting Marty back to coach. I threw him into some conversations about FA DE's, but never considered it realistic to think we would pursue him with the price tag that he's going to command.

I seriously doubt that we see any FA activity over a high-profile DE, if one at all. He'll come via the draft.