1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pete Carroll to the Raiders?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by P88F, Jan 25, 2008.

1. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Al Davis gives Lane the boot to bring in Pete Carroll wtf? And I thought Lane was the best thing that happened to the Raiders since Bo Jackson.

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
  3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554

What a phuckin joke. Grandma Al is up to her old tricks. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
  5. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Sorry just heard it on ESPN

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Where did you hear this?

I just checked the wires and you must have seen it on TV along with the Monte Carlo on fire in Vegas right now

edit....saw your post ESPN.

Now leisure and MTL will be Raiders fans.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    You guys HAVE to go to RF.net!!! It's one big death march over there... CLASSIC!!!!

8. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Fuc I have a meeting.

9. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3214665

Raiders coach refuses to heed Davis' call to resign

By Chris Mortensen
    ESPN.com
    (Archive)

Updated: January 25, 2008, 4:35 PM ET

* Comment
    * Email
    * Print

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis has been pushing for Lane Kiffin to resign as his head coach and is considering Dennis Green as a potential replacement, sources close to Kiffin and the team said.

Davis has gone so far to draft a letter of resignation for Kiffin to sign, a source said. Kiffin has refused to do so but has dared Davis to fire him instead. The letter, the source said, was sent to Kiffin two weeks ago.

Kiffin, who was 4-12 in his first season as coach, has two years remaining on his contract at an estimated $2 million per year.

In the letter sent to Kiffin's legal representatives, sources said Davis stated that only he would have control over his staff and full personnel decisions. According to a source close to Kiffin, Davis had promised Kiffin when he hired him that he would have more control over staff and personnel matters than recent Raiders coaches. Kiffin was allowed fire offensive assistants and to name his own staff when he took the job after the 2006 season.

"I'm not going to comment on anything that has transpired in the past three weeks," Kiffin said from Mobile, Ala., where he and the Raiders staff are coaching the North team in the Under Armour Senior Bowl college all-star game.

The Raiders had no immediate comment.

Kiffn and Davis clashed near the conclusion of their postseason evaluation meetings when Kiffin expressed his desire to fire defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, a source said. Ryan himself wanted out to join the New York Jets in a similar capacity, but the Raiders released a statement asking for speculation to cease about the defensive coordinator's future.

Just this week at the Senior Bowl, Kiffin and Ryan both said their relationship was fine and expected to be coaching the team in 2008. However, Davis has not rescinded his request for Kiffin to step down, a source said.

As for Green's candidacy, while team sources said Davis has reached out to the veteran coach, Green said Friday, "I haven't really talked to Al about any coaching job but, really, how many times has my name been mentioned every time something goes on with the Raiders?"

The Raiders will interview James Lofton on Monday for a job, a source said. The Raiders are looking for a wide receivers coach and Lofton was recently fired as San Diego's receivers coach. However, Lofton has interviewed in the past to be head coach of the Raiders.

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oak...oard/123357-al-asks-kiffin-resign-espn-2.html

Raiders fans are coming UNGLUED :icon_rofl:

Originally Posted by curtishouse27

Fu*k Al Davis...Im so fukkin tired of this sh*t!!! Davis is pushing me to the edge...We finally improve and win two straight divisional games and double our win total from last year and actually look like a pro football team and Al wants to throw all that in the trash...Fu*k you Al Davis you filthy piece of excrement...Just die...You know absolutely nothing about football anymore...Die Al Davis...FUCCKIN DIE!!!

11. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Posted by BlackRain37:

2008 - 3-13
    2009 - 4-12
    2010 - 2-14
    2011 - 2-14
    2012 - 1-15.....
    ........and on and on and on until Al Davis is no longer the owner.

:icon_rofl:

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    this is the biggest laugh I've had all day
    HOLY SCHIT!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    May Al Davis reign for another 25years :yes::yes::yes:

14. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

15. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    I'll drink to that:yes::yes::icon_toast::icon_party:

16. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Originally Posted by curtishouse27 View Post
    Fu*k Al Davis...Im so fukkin tired of this sh*t!!! Davis is pushing me to the edge...We finally improve and win two straight divisional games and double our win total from last year and actually look like a pro football team and Al wants to throw all that in the trash...Fu*k you Al Davis you filthy piece of excrement...Just die...You know absolutely nothing about football anymore...Die Al Davis...FUCCKIN DIE!!!

17. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579

18. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Those stupid ****s and grandpa al had a chance to turn that ******* around, instead they chooses to continue to sit in the shithole:lol:

**** those *****es:abq2::abq1:

[​IMG]

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    or this Gem:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnDroiDRaider64

What ship ?

You must be talking about a life boat or something, because we actually would have to do something good to have a ship ?

20. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    I wonder what Lane is going to do with those season tix he bought his family in the black hole? :lol::lol::lol:

21. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    In 2 min they will be talking about Pete Carroll and the Raiders.( The same episode is showing again)

22. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    LOL raider fans got to be going nuts right now ahahah i love it! this team wont be crap till al davis is gone

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    JQNJRaider
    Veteran Join Date: Apr 2007

It is a sad day for the "RAIDER NATION", and I don't mean because of the loss of Coach Kiffin. It is sad because it is the death of AL Davis. His body may still operate, but today the last bit of sanity he had, most definitely died.

24. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Im sure they never went in there and they wouldnt have even if they could

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    RaduhFan

All-Pro Join Date: Sep 2005

This is all Al. He purposely blocked Ryan from leaving to the Jets, not because he wanted to keep him, but just to show him whos boss. Then he wont fire Ryan just to show Kiffin who's boss, and now wants to fire kiffin to once again let every1 know whos boss. Well i deff know who the idiot is. DAVIS!

This is the icing on the cake for me. Al is an idiot and i dont care what you guys think of me for saying that. I've had stood up for Al for many years to non raider fans, but this is the last straw for me. This organization is the most dysfunctional outfit in all of sports. And until Al leaves (i should say dies cuz we know thats what it will take) this franchise will never go anywhere with this type of leadership. Nobody wanted to coach this team last year and now he pulls this BS! Who the hell will want to coach this team now? Nobody in their rite mind would ever work for Al. HOpe you guys are ready for another year of what its been the past 5. Just sad, really sad!
    :lol::tup::abq2:

26. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Is it wrong for me to take so much pleasure in the pain of others?

27. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Just imagine what Lane Kiffin could do with a roster full of talent...maybe getting the boot from Oakland is just what he needs. :)

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Phuc the Raiders!! :abq1:

29. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Phuc the Raiders!! :abq1:

As far as Kiffin's family's season tix, he oughtta do what I'd do with them - wipe my ***!! :tup:

30. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    In reality though....damn. Al just doesn't get it. Like those Raider fans were saying, nobody will want to coach there now.