1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peter King - INSIDE THE NFL - Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Peter King has us picking Jared Odrick

28. San Diego

Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
    Ideal draft for Chargers is Dan Williams in first, Stanford RB Toby Gerhart down the line.

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703

Jared Odrick

Position: DT
    Class: 4Sr
    School: Penn State

Conference: Big Ten
    HT: 6-5
    WT: 304
    40 Time: 5.03

Biography: Thee-year starter awarded All-Conference honors since his junior campaign being named as an All-American last year. Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year in 2009. Senior totals included 43/11/7 after 41/9.5/4.5 the prior year.

Positives: Athletic, well-sized defensive lineman with potential at tackle or as a two-gap end. Bends his knees, plays with terrific leverage, and fires off the snap with a quick first step. Uses his hands to protect himself, shows good punch, and pushes blockers to the ground. Keeps his feet driving on contact, gets leverage on opponents, then bulrushes them off the line of scrimmage. Displays an array of moves getting off blocks. Knifes to the inside, plays heads-up football, and constantly focused on by opponents.

Negatives: Marginal pass rusher. Displays limited skill in pursuit.

Analysis: Odrick has been a disruptive defender at Penn State and is a lineman who demands the full attention of the opposition. He's a solid athlete who plays with good fundamentals and is a prospect who hold a large degree of upside. Odrick has starting potential and should quickly produce as a rookie in the NFL.

3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I would be fine with that, especially if my trade up idea came true and we got Williams at #12.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Would Oddrick-Cam Thomas-Ben Tate be a good three rounds for you all?

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Not sold on Thomas yet.

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I wouldn't be against that. I think we will make some trades and we will not actually have the same 1st 3 picks

7. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    I can live with that. Great fit for our scheme. No character or weight or injury concerns. Should be a solid player for several years. RB in round 2.

8. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Linval Joseph, please!

9. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    I like Odrick, but I don't think he's what A.J. is looking for at #28. :nana_dance:

10. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Based in the last few years, I don't think many people have any idea what AJ is looking for in any round

11. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Based on the last few drafts I don't think AJ Smith has any idea what he is looking for in any round.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Acee is pluggin this guy bigtime. Is he all that?. Where?, pick 40, or later?.