1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peter King is an Idiot

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Oct 27, 2007.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff

As crass as it sounds, the Chargers had to abandon ship this week because of the wildfires gobbling up huge portions of suburban San Diego, just because they'd all be wallowing in a helpless situation if they hadn't. "All I've been doing is watching TV," defensive tackle Luis Castillo told me Tuesday. "You can't help it." The game will be blessed relief, and the Chargers will play like they really need this.

Texans 17, Chargers 13

He says, "the Chargers will play like we really need this," and then he predicts we'll lose at home to a mediocre Texans squad. WTF?

2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Hahahaha, Peter King is either a complete senile dumbfuq or he meant to subscribe to rtl's prediction thread.

Side note, Castillo needs to stop watching the fuqin t.v. unless he's watching himself look like shyt so far this season.

3. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    while peter pecker IS an idiot at times, I'm sort of up in the air on what I think is going to happen. The bolts, who have shown before that they can't get it up, could either get surprised by a texan team coming off a come-back high last week.... or..... they could just pound the horns into submission.

This is a tough one to call. If they can come back and continue the onslaught of the last two games, that will show us something good, obviously. I really think this game is a tough challenge. Coming off bye weeks hasn't exactly been a cakewalk in the last years.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Well he is half right, he has the Titans over the Raiders 31-10

5. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Ive never thought much of Peter King

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I will be surprised, hugely and unpleasantly, if we don't punk these guys. We should man up and come after the QB with the front seven. One of the other threads is advocating the same thing. One advantage I just thought of is that manning up more lessens the opportunity for blown assignments. Big problem so far.

7. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    It would be a perfect spot for an upset, that's for sure.

8. zatoichi

zatoichi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Hey, the only way to shut up people like King is for the Chargers to kick some ***. It's not up to us to do that. Living out here in the NY metro area, I get sick of the east coast bias, too. But, until the Chargers kick some butt, like they were supposed to, we're going to hear crap like this.

9. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't think so. Our guys are rested, focused, and motivated. Multiple news sources said they had their two best practices of the year on Thursday and Friday.

This is gonna be an *** kicking. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I think it will be an ***-kicking for sure. The Chargers are gonna want to win it for the home folks, the fans who were burned out, the firefighters---hell, EVERYBODY who loves San Diego and was affected by the firestorms.

GO GIT 'EM, GUYS!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. fregon

fregon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Peter King has always been agaisnt us or making stupid comments. It was not until last year when we were 12-2 or 13-2 where he had us really high on the power ranking and publically admitted that Charger fans don't like him; even that one of us told him to stick a fish taco where the sun don't shine.

• Like Like x 1
  12. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I think this would have been a tough one to call if we weren't playing at home .. Playing at home changes everything .. This game is a blowout for the Bolts.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    We lost to KC at home

14. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Peter King is soft *** tool.
    I want to smack that grey tuft of hair right off his head every time I hear him talk.

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    That quote was from Tuesday, I'm sure he wasn't the only one watching the TV all day Monday and Tuesday, I'm sure most of San Diego was at least the ones that were fortunate enough to be able to watch TV.

Don't really see why you bashed him, and his play is his fault the entire front 7 was playing like **** until it finally dawned on Cottrell to bring the pressure, and what do you know Castillo has a good game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Well the entire front seven has been dissapointing thus far. Castillo has been pretty much a non factor, only reason i singled him out was this thread only mentioned him. Not to mention the praise he recieved from our former coach as a lifelong pro bowler. The dissaster that swept my home town is definitely a tragedy, so maybe I was a little abrupt in the initial post.

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    :tup:I could do better then him AND I know more about coffee then he does

18. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Everyone should know by now those media guys on ESPN, SI, etc, etc, are guessing like most people. They can't predict games any better than other people. 2 weeks ago Peter King was praising the Chargers. I also believe they are told to talk about high profile teams in big markets thinking the rest of the country wants to hear about those teams, and for t.v. ratings as well.

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Did you know that the "Peter King" line is Snap-On's biggest seller?

20. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The issue I have with King goes beyond just not agreeing with his prediction. King contradicts himself. He says the game will be "a blessed relief" for the Chargers and that they will play like they "really need this." Then, he predicts that they'll lose to a mediocre Texans team. How does losing to the Texans equate to playing, "like they really need this."

21. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    That was MY next question.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    These are the same guys as last year. They didn't get off season prefrontal lobotomies, they don't seem to have been surruptiously fed the wrong gender's hormones and none of them showed up looking like they'd had beer and pizza two or three times a day. Disappointment in our front seven thru the first four games has to be laid down to coaching. The performance of the last two games means that somewhere, somehow a light bulb has gone on. Today will be a good test. I really want to know whether the DB tackling skills acqured in advance of the Raider game was a product of the rivalry here or whether they actually have learned how to tackle.

23. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    This post might as well be sponsered by Budweiser because it is so True.