1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Peter King Mailbag

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Critter, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    THE FANS ARE GETTING RESTLESS IN SAN DIEGO: From Nam of San Diego: "Please explain something to me. How is it that Marty Schottenheimer seems to never learn from his mistakes? The Chargers spent all last season building their reputation as the best team to not make the playoffs, largely because Marty seems to opt for running the football no matter what the circumstance. And yesterday against the Ravens, it's the same old story. Up 13-7 and yet they never take a single shot downfield. I realize Baltimore's defense is great, but don't you have to at least challenge them downfield? Help me out here, it's killing us Chargers fans.''

Agreed. Marty has to learn that throwing on only four of the 24 first downs with that second-half lead is a recipe for disaster. He's got to take the training wheels off Philip Rivers. If they have enough faith to play Rivers, darn it, let the guy play.