1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peter King: MMQB - Chargers/Steelers thoughts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Oct 9, 2006.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Aug 20, 2006
    Some Chargers/Steelers quotes from
    Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback column

6. San Diego (3-1). "I've won a few games coaching this way,'' Marty Schottenheimer told me the other day, responding to criticism that he plays conservatively to protect a lead. Well, he let Philip Rivers air it out more against the Steelers than the QB did against the Ravens.

Quick hit thoughts of the week:
    a. Terry Bradshaw on FOX on Marty Schottenheimer's strategy and how it affects his teams: "Time and again, he'll coach them into mediocrity.''

c. I know we say it every time the Chargers wear the powder blues, but those are the most beautiful uniforms in all of team sports.

d. Not a good night for Big Ben. Pittsburgh, 1-3, is in trouble, and Pittsburgh, the city, is in mourning.

i. Michael Turner really helps the Chargers win.

What I liked about week 5:
    c. Jamal Williams picked a great night to be the best defensive player on the field for the Chargers. They needed him Sunday night.

d. Speaking of good players in the Sunday-night game, Rivers showed the world that San Diego can throw a lot (37 passes, in this case) and still play an effective game.

What I didn't like about week 5:
    b. Ben Roethlisberger's wounded ducks.
  2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2005
    Rivers showed the world that San Diego can throw a lot (37 passes, in this case) and still play an effective game.
  3. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2006
    What I liked most was in the 4th quarter, We were passing when Pitt thought run and we ran when Pitt thought pass... Nice job by the coaching staff :thumbup: