1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peter King: MMQB - Chargers/Steelers thoughts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Oct 9, 2006.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Some Chargers/Steelers quotes from
    Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback column

THE FINE FIFTEEN:
    6. San Diego (3-1). "I've won a few games coaching this way,'' Marty Schottenheimer told me the other day, responding to criticism that he plays conservatively to protect a lead. Well, he let Philip Rivers air it out more against the Steelers than the QB did against the Ravens.

Quick hit thoughts of the week:
    a. Terry Bradshaw on FOX on Marty Schottenheimer's strategy and how it affects his teams: "Time and again, he'll coach them into mediocrity.''

c. I know we say it every time the Chargers wear the powder blues, but those are the most beautiful uniforms in all of team sports.

d. Not a good night for Big Ben. Pittsburgh, 1-3, is in trouble, and Pittsburgh, the city, is in mourning.

i. Michael Turner really helps the Chargers win.

What I liked about week 5:
    c. Jamal Williams picked a great night to be the best defensive player on the field for the Chargers. They needed him Sunday night.

d. Speaking of good players in the Sunday-night game, Rivers showed the world that San Diego can throw a lot (37 passes, in this case) and still play an effective game.

What I didn't like about week 5:
    b. Ben Roethlisberger's wounded ducks.

2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Rivers showed the world that San Diego can throw a lot (37 passes, in this case) and still play an effective game.
    testify!:tup:

3. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    What I liked most was in the 4th quarter, We were passing when Pitt thought run and we ran when Pitt thought pass... Nice job by the coaching staff :thumbup: