1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peter King on the Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,845
  2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    Stat of the Week
    LaDainian Tomlinson, as if you didn't know this already, is truly an amazing football player. He tied Lance Alworth's team touchdown record (83) in the second game of his sixth season. Alworth had to play nine years to set the record. Tomlinson also became the 63rd player in NFL history to reach 10,000 career yards from scrimmage. To think he is only 27 years old, and shows no signs of slowing down as the centerpiece of a very good team's offense.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/18/mmqb.9.18/3.html

He is crap right L, MTL, and Trumpy. You football mensas are ready to cut him right now, right? Thank god your not the GM...

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    7. I think a San Diego-Chicago Super Bowl is looking mighty enticing. Madison Avenue will love the aw-shucks Philip Rivers.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    After just two weeks of the NFL's regular season, we hold these truths to be self-evident:

• Drew Brees was the prize among the available starting quarterbacks this offseason. Daunte Culpepper was not. You can't say I'm second-guessing you, Miami Dolphins, because I told you the same thing in March.

• Having all those great coaches in Washington hasn't exactly added up to a great coaching job thus far, has it? Talk about the whole being less than the sum of its parts.

• Philip Rivers and J.P. Losman aren't the third-year quarterbacks people should be concerned about. Ben Roethlisberger (zero touchdowns, two interceptions, 38.7 passer rating) is.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/09/19/what.we.know/index.html

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Well, he does whiff on blitz blocking occaisionally. :icon_eek:

'Sides, I have it on good authority that he puts his pants on one pant leg atta time, which makes him no different from me!!:icon_mrgreen: :icon_toast:

6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    This is funny......................:lol:

2. Chicago (2-0). I think, at some point right before training camp, Rex Grossman had an arm transplant from Dan Fouts.

7. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Defensive Player of the Week
    Aaron Kampman, DE, Green Bay. Sometimes great days get lost when teams get beat up on defense. But this one shouldn't. Kampman terrorized Drew Brees of the Saints, sacking him three times, and he added two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. I could have given this award to the Buffalo defense, or to Trent Cole of the Eagles (before he had the stupid kicking penalty late in the Eagles' disastrous loss), or to Ed Reed of the Ravens, or to the Chargers for stifling the Titans, or to about six guys on the Bears. But Kampman was a monster in defeat.

8. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Don't you think it says something about how great Lance Alworth was that his TD record lasted so long? I always thought he was great when he was playing but I'm not sure I realized back then just how great he was. We could probably say the same thing for many of todays fans regarding LT. I've even seen posts by some that think Turner is better. Will the young fans of today be looking back at LT's career in forty years and realizing that they've never had another back as good as LT, just as I can now say we've never had another WR as good as Alworth?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    Absafrickenlootly!

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Hot damn, someone older than me!!:tup:

Welcome Sir!!:)

Uh...er...need help crossin the street??:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen:

• Like Like x 1
  11. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,468

You know this disgusts me!!! Once a any player reaches a certain caliber people start ragging him for the tiniest things!!!. LT is by far the best RB in the National Football League. If he had Seattles Oline he would have had 2000 yds and 30TDS last year!!!

Lay off on the best asset we have just because hes not PERFECT!!
    Without LT we would be in the trenches!!!!

12. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Denver has shown you can put any ******** at RB so long as you have good blocking.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    You really believe that? That must be why they are ripping it up so much.:tdown:

Love ya like a brother Trumpie, but ya know your a fool if you think what your posting here about LT and Denvers backs.

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654

All I said about LT is he runs out of bounds (Walter Payton did not nor did Barry Sanders but Emmitt did) and LT blows it on some pass blocking at times - he gets lazy.

I have also said LT is the best back ever in the NFL.

Why is that so hard to assimilate ?

You like to go off on tangents like we don't want him but or he is the anti-christ. Stop hugging your LT doll so tightly and see the facts for what they are and if they make you go ouch - then oh well.

Denver has relied on a certain blocking scheme (cut backs) which has allowed a bunch of RB to look like the second coming of Jim Brown. This is no secret fans in Denver are wondering who their next 1,000 rusher will be because of the revolving door but they do have a blocking scheme which produces results.

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,468

Ya but how many teams have Olineman that have been in the league together as long as they have?
    How many RB's can catch 100 passes and run 1600 yds?

Do u think Michael Turner is our Larry Johnson or something? And even if he is ill take Tomlinson over him.

And by the way ive seen RB lose carrers because they didnt just step out of bounds after a big play, I know it doesnt seem 'TOUGH' like something a man would do, but its safe and smart. He could also risk fumbling the ball. Sometimes brains beat out braun.

16. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Dude you are weaker than water.

Here let me use your dumbass logic.

The Ravens have proven that you can put any ******** at QB (Dilfer)

The Rams have proven that you can win a SB with no defense.

The Ravens have proven that you can win a SB with no offense.

The Patriots have proven that you can win with no CB's

The Chiefs have proven that you can win with no WR's.

The Falcons have proven that you can win with no offensive line.

See how dumb you look.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    No you said:
    and
    I think this is some of the most silly posts I have seen. Denvers scheme also is not working this year. There might be some who would say that it is the scouts who pick the good backs, and not just Denver throwing some Tom, Dick or Harry in the back field and having success. I cant believe any knowledgable football fan would say such a thing.

You talk about others going off on tangents. You are the lord of the tangent. You hug on your Drew and LT dolls, crying and spanking them for not living up to your dreams...

18. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If you would read the posts then maybe you would not be so presumptive.

What is so hard to understand about what was posted. LT does not run through a player. LT runs out of bounds to save himself versus Turner or even Walter Payton.

What is silly is watching a back who has one man to beat who is usually a wimpy piece of defensive shiit and see him run out of bounds. No dude turn and hit the mother fuc-ker right in the chops. This is called football.

Whiffing on a blitz pick-up is not cool as well and LT has gotten caught napping but he gets the "free fan pass" just like you are trying to do and slant as some sort of demonization.

The dude pusses out in some phases of his game.....if that makes you go double ouch then get a bandaid.

19. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Too bad he couldn't have said that two months ago, before preseason. He would have been declared a Nostradamus.

Now he looks sort of like a "me-too" person. :unsure:

20. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Finally!!! Somebody who gets me. :lol:

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    If you would stop for a moment and stop trying to be confrontational, you would realize that you are grosly over simplifying LTs play. GROSSLY!

You have never seen LT stiff arm his way through players? You have never seen LT carry defenders to the endzone? You have seen LT go up the middle, pushing piles? You have never seen LT go up the middle and come out the other side? You havent seen any of this.

Or are you just gaga over the bling bling that MT gets when it is late in the game. has a few good runs from Turner over flowed your memory buffers?

You want to say LT doesnt play physical, thats your take. But yoiur wrong. Now what cant you understand about that?

22. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    It's funny that the Bears play against two patsies and they marvel at Rex Grossman infusing offense into the Bears, leaving out the 'wimpy opponents' statement.

Meanwhile, the Chargers have scored more points in two weeks than either the Bears or Ravens, and it's because we played crappy teams.

:icon_shrug:

23. Kitsune-udon

Kitsune-udon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4

To quote Rodney Dangerfield: No respect!

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,882
    its called "SAN DIEGO"
    nuff said

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    Two forced turnovers on defense and two LaDainian Tomlinson touchdowns propelled the Chargers to their second win of the season, a 40-7 victory over the Tennessee Titans in their home opener.

Game Notes

LaDainian Tomlinson became the 63rd player in NFL history to surpass 10,000 career yards from scrimmage in today’s game…he did so on a five-yard run on a second-and-fourth play with 2:11 remaining in the second quarter.
    Tomlinson scored two touchdowns today, his 17th-career multi-touchdown game and first since Nov. 27, 2005 at Washington.
    Tomlinson scored two touchdowns today to tie Lance Alworth’s team record with 83 career touchdowns…Tomlinson did it in his sixth season (2001-06)…it took Alworth nine seasons (1962-1970) to set the mark.
    Keenan McCardell caught five passes today to raise his career receptions total to 831…in doing so, he moved past Larry Centers (827) and into ninth place on the NFL’s all-time receiving yards list.
    McCardell had 58 yards receiving to increase his career total to 10,756…today, he moved past Stanley Morgan (10,716) and into 18th place on the NFL’s all-time receiving yardage list.
    Michael Turner rushed for 138 yards today, his second-career 100-yard game…included in his day was a 73-yard run in the fourth quarter, tying for the seventh-longest run from scrimmage in team history.
    Nate Kaeding tied his career high today with four field goals…he was 4-for-4 today…his other four field goal game was a 4-for-4 effort at Indianapolis on Dec. 18, 2005.
    Vincent Jackson caught his first-career touchdown pass today, a 12-yard catch in the fourth quarter.
    When the Tennessee Titans scored a touchdown today in the fourth quarter, it ended a team-record string of seven consecutive quarters without allowing a point.
    In the last two games, the Chargers have only allowed seven points (0 at Oakland and 7 vs. Tennessee)…it’s their fewest points allowed in a two-game stretch since 1986 when the Bolts allowed a total of three points in consecutive games (3 at Indianapolis and 0 at Houston).
    In the last two games, the Chargers have held their opponents to 347 total yards (129 at Oakland and 218 vs. Tennessee)…it’s the fewest the team has allowed in a two-game stretch since the first two games of the 2002 season when the Bolts surrendered 321 yards (203 at Cincinnati and 118 vs. Houston)…the team record for fewest yards allowed in a two-game stretch was set in 1961 when the Bolts held consecutive opponents to 260 total yards (202 at the New York Jets and 58 at Oakland).
    Today, seven of Tennessee’s 12 possessions lasted three plays or less…five of the seven ended in punts, one ended on an interception after two plays and another ended after one play at the end of the first half…in the first two games, San Diego’s defense has forced their opponents off the field in three plays or less 14 times in 23 total drives.
    Nine different Chargers players had catches today…the last time the Chargers had at least nine different players with a catch was Sept. 24, 2000 against Seattle.
    The Chargers had 235 yards passing and 241 yards rushing today…it’s the first time the since Nov. 23, 1969 that the Chargers have had at least 235 yards passing and rushing in the same game…the Bolts passed for 235 yards and rushed for 235 yards against Denver Nov. 23, 1969.
    In two games this season, the Chargers offensive line has not allowed a sack or turned the ball over.
    The Chargers reported two minor injuries from today’s game: wide receiver Keenan McCardell (hamstring) and guard Mike Goff (groin).

26. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Bless you son, I'd appreciate it. I just had knee surgery a week ago today.

How'd he know? :lol:

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,845
    Arthroscopic or invasive? Get better man...:tup:

28. Chargeroo

Chargeroo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43
    Just arthroscopic and it's healing fast. I told him just make sure I can make to the game in San Francisco on Oct. 15.