1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peter King predicts Chargers lose Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Workplay, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
  2. DDFBOLT83

DDFBOLT83 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    king is a jinx IMO

3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Ill take ATL vs SD superbowl. Or the Saints. I think im still steaming about that London game loss.

4. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    Should be Pats/Eagles/Packers/Jets only 4 possible SB teams as of right now.

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    You're a ****** fan you know that? The AFC is very tight in the top 3 or 4.

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Eagles?

7. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    The eagles have the most talent in the NFL right now. Go look who they signed this season. They have the best Qb in the NFL. The only thing that is not guaranteeing them a SB win is tactics, possible injuries and the the fact that turnovers can lose games. They have bad offensive plays like we do at times with hook routes, but if they can play there crossing route offense they will be near impossible with all that speed to be stopped.

We still have a chance if we have been holding back dif schemes not seen yet.

8. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    I don't buy the Eagles as a top-tier NFL team. I'll give them 10 wins this season... and that's if Vick doesn't regress.

9. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Sure, just because the Eagles have the most talented team on the field on paper, does not guarantee anything. Chargers still do have a top 5 talent level team. We had the best talent in the NFL for many years, Marty's team and a few years of Norv's. Tactics do prove to be more important. Pats, Packers, Steelers have proven that.

But the Eagles do have a good coach, so be worried NFL teams.... Vick is a near unstoppable QB in my opinion. I said this years ago that I wish we had him, and everyone laughed. Yet he was NFL MVP last year right? Signed the most $ contract ever or close to it again. 2x 100M contracts, yea.

In theory the SB will be Eagles vs Patriots. <--So if we beat the almighty Pats in week #2 I'll be on the I believe tra1n, even if I don't understand why :)

10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,406
    OK........ let me make this real simple.

Michael Vick is not, never has been, and never will be the "best QB in the NFL".

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Sir.Mr. Blue Bolt, my favorite forum poster: Well what do you consider when u compare the best QB's all time?

My book I have Joe Montana then Steve Young #'1-2. JM never threw a pick in any of his 4 SB wins. Both mobile QB's who scored TD's and got 1st downs with their legs as well. Things that don't show up on QB rating as they should.

If Vick wins a SB without throwing a pick and runs for 1-2 TDs and scores more points than any team ever before in the SB, that puts him at #1 all time to me. This is all speculative though.

12. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    How long is this **** going to go on before someone finally bans this ******* retard

• Like Like x 1
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I care as much what Peter King thinks as I do what 13xWorldDoucheBag has to say.

But Vick is a good QB. His past transgressions don't change that.

14. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,406
    Montana wasn't a running QB like Vick. Guys like Vick are too quick to bail on their progressions and take off running at the slightest sign of pressure.

Many of the greatest NFL QB's were not particularly gifted athletically. Montana, Marino, Fouts, were not going to win any foot races. Having mobility can be a plus, but mainly to buy time and extend a play. The NFL isn't college, and QBs who like to run end up injured. Steve Young was an athletic QB who had to learn to stay in the pocket and not take off running. He didn't really develop into a top QB until he learned to use his legs sparingly. Aaron Rogers is mobile, but he uses that ability mainly to buy time and let his receivers get open. Yes, he will run for a first down when all his options are covered and he has space, but he runs sparingly.

Personally, I think Rivers lack of foot speed as helped his development as a passing QB. When running isn't a good option, you stay in the pocket and look downfield for the open receiver or find the outlet man.

The QB's job is to get the ball to his playmakers, not to try to be the playmaker himself. One good shot by a linebacker or safety can spell the quick end of a QB's season. Michael Vick is a small QB, and last year we saw how vulnerable he was to getting injured.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I do believe that Morninwehg (sp?) has helped Vick to become a much better QB, particularly when it comes to going through his progressions & hanging in the pocket. But he should learn to slide.

16. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Last year both SB's QB's were mobile and bought time with their legs to win games, i agree. QB's who cannot move well, absolutely have to be great passers. Yet the faster footed QB won the SB factually.

My statement is simple. I want a QB who can guarantee me 1st down on 3rd and 3 with his feet. Anytime u pass a ball it can be dropped. 2ndly not always will u have open WR's vs top teams and you won't have time to hold the ball longer or u will get sack/fumble game over. Which has happened to us many time more than other teams with Rivers at QB.

Yea it's possible but unlikely in today's NFL game that u will win a SB with a non mobile QB. Not only do they limit your options, they are slower to hand the ball off factually. So unless u pitch the ball your team will not be a great running team either.

I offered solutions on how we could win a SB with Rivers before. Pitching the ball and getting him a new faster offensive crossing routes type west coast system. But modified with my scheme new and improved tested stuff. I think few of our fans understand why it looks like we run the ball up the middle all the time. Everything matter if Rivers is slow to hand the ball off it will always be run up the middle looking runs.

One can teach a fast QB to stay in the pocket longer. One cannot make a QB's legs faster =/.

17. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,406
    Early in the year, that was true........ late in the year I saw he revert to his Atlanta days. Maybe, Vick can change, like Young did, but he hasn't made that transition yet. He's still to prone to bail under pressure.

18. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    If I coached Vick, I'd let the wild horse run wild! Win 1 SB then next year he would get hurt and be done, but hey its football just win 1 and be great! Then change your strats to what-ever great QB strengths were.

19. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,406
    Did the Chargers not win a Super Bowl under Fouts because he couldn't run? The problem was the lack of a great defense, after Gene Klein sold much of the D-line to the 49ers and helped them win Super Bowls instead. Montana didn't win the Super Bowl alone, he needed the ex-Chargers defensive players to do it.

20. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    The year the Chargers got blown out in the SB, the 49er's were 2 levels better in every phase. I don't even know how to respond to this. I'll try, #55 was greatest lb of his time. the Chargers D was good enough. It was what the 49ers were that much tactically better. As I said today's game is so much better than back then. Then it was the 49ers were led by a genius tactician. No team was going to come close to beating them. Wasn't till 49ers lost talent and other teams figured out ways to slow them down and started to copy them that teams had a chance.

Fouts was a great QB yes! But the 49ers knew his limitations and countered him. They had no plan B to win with on offense. No X-factors like the 49ers had. x-factors will always give u a huge advantage.

If only you could take time and watch my championship teams have done with Superior tactics friend!

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ahhh wait one...

Are you saying that the 49'ers knew Fouts' limitations and that is why the Chargers lost that Super Bowl?

22. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Sir Concudan, The mighty Chargers lost the SB because the 49ers were 10+ years ahead of all other NFL teams tactically. (Packers just won #1 with 49ers exact offense, not 1 change to it, 31 years after 49ers invented it)

Respectfully, the Chargers had the best QB throwing wise and speed D in the NFL that year though.

23. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,406
    You're confusing history........ the '94 Chargers had nothing to do with the Fouts led Chargers team. Humphries was the QB in '94, that was an entirely different era of Chargers football.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So, you ARE saying that the Chargers lost because FOUTS was their QB for the Super Bowl? That and their game plan was behind the 49'ers?

I am just trying to clarify what you are indicating here.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    BLOOOOOO! :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    In the '94 season, the 49'ers beat the Chargers in the pre-season, regular season and the Super Bowl. The Chargers never came up with an answer for the 49'ers offensive firepower...and the fact that in the Super Bowl our safeties were getting schooled for a world wide audience to see...ugh! what a mess.

I would love to see our current guys hoist the Lombardi trophy to push the Super Bowl XXIX bad memories out of my head.

• Like Like x 1
  27. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

Ratings:
    +4
    Sir Concudan, The 49ers were unbeatable with their revolutionary tactics never seen before 10+ years ahead of their competition system. The whole RAC and 3 step drop protect our QB and routes that were near uncover-able angle routes with their counters routes. Combined with the smartest QB of his time who understood the genius system.

I used this same knowledge Bill Walsh invented and improved upon it. I also did studies to create even greater WR routes never seen before. All tested stuff highest % success stuff on the same theory as the great BB. I offer 1 thing that hasn't been done on offense as well. A running system I designed which is a huge adv for our team, which would also revolutionize running to a whole new idea which would be copied by every team over time. It's technical not just a formation type of issue. Combine these things with my no huddle super speed O and we would do what the 49ers were doing to teams in the 80's.

The 49ers also were the 1st to max subbing in fresh D lineman which gave them another huge advantage on D.

My D ThunderHammer would be such a huge advantage, I don't even discuss the details or give other formations out. It would revolutionize NFL D's or give us the advantage the 49ers enjoyed for years while teams were/are stubburn to copy them.

What's crazy is I even came up with the most advanced systems, yet a system that makes it extremely easy to learn and execute.

Mr.BlueBolt champ, ok.

28. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    The 49'ers countered him with deion sanders, thats it, that had the offence to to win, and the cb to shut down half the field

29. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    In fairness to King, he did predict the Packers/Steelers SB last year, but he picked the wrong team to win it all. Let's hope he does the same thing this year.

30. zipzap6

zipzap6 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0