1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peter King's Fine Fifteen

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 29, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    The idiot picked us to lose this past weekend. Now he has us ranked #3. At least he came to his senses.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/10/28/mmqb/2.html

1. New England (8-0). Everyone looks at Sunday's game against the Colts as the biggest challenge in the Patriots' bid for an undefeated season. Agreed. But the other game that has a chance to be competitive -- notice I didn't say "the game they have a chance to lose?'' -- is the Monday-nighter on Dec. 3 at Baltimore. No team gets up for a prime time, national TV game like the Ravens.

2. Indianapolis (7-0). Fourteen minutes left, fourth quarter, Colts up 24-7, second-and-goal from the Panthers' 1 ... and here comes Dan Klecko, who is to Manning what Mike Vrabel is to Brady. Klecko lines up in the slot, and at the snap of the ball runs free into the end zone! Tweet! False start. There goes another TD catch for Brandon Stokley Jr.

3. San Diego (4-3). After 28 minutes at an ashy Qualcomm, the Chargers were up 35-3. They're back, baby.

2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    He's only ranking us so high because he read the last thread about him, what a tushy licker. But I'll take it. Are we seeing what we expected to see all along this season? Or are we just bashing bullshit teams? I'm a little confused on how to take our turnaround, but I will definitely not rock the boat.

3. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    He had us at three last week too.

I can't figure out why were aren't a bit more of a story... nfl tonight, inside the nfl, espn, they BARELY cover our highlights. They don't talk about Chris Chambers, analize our defense, talk about rivers, or even project whether we win or lose. Freaking sucks.

4. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    This is what we expect to see. Us beating teams that we are supposed to beat, and being competitive in each game. If we played this way against KC and GB, we'd be sitting here with only 1 loss. Oh well, no use looking back now. We're riding a 3 game winning streak.

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Interesting.....

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Football "Experts" FTL

Ashy Q? They hosed the f'n place down 3 days ago and the winds carried all the smoke in the sky to the east. F'n DUNCE.

7. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I guess what I mean more importantly, is what we are witnessing the sign of things to come, and is this what a new coaching staff getting on the same page should look like, it's been so long I don't remember, well I don't remember many of our staff's every being on the same page. Rivers throwing 11 times in a blowout is something I can get very used to though, very reminiscent of big bens super bowl season, only PR is much better.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    !~BOLT~!, I told my wife the same thing yesterday the Sam thing about Rivers #'s and Ben's being comparable. Don't make the young guy win it for you, let your STARS do it.

9. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Top 3? :icon_shrug: I would not even list our team there. I say atleast Top 6.

10. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Absolutely RTL, only once again, Rivers is a Qb that "can" win us games.

11. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    Nice thing about the team now, is that we can legitimately beat you in multiple ways. We know what LT brings, and have seen PR carry the team. With a proven #1 receiver in Chambers, defenses can't just key on Gates. So yeah, this last game is a sign of things to come.

• More dangerous offense
    • Much improved defense (especially in pass coverage) that is yielding only an average of 9 points over the last 3 games.

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I wouldn't have put us as high as three either:icon_shrug: I'm loving the 3 game winn streak, but none of those 3 teams particularly impressed me before we played them. I hope we continuie to roll at Min next week, because after that we enter the toughest stretch of the season IMO. It was really nice not not see Rivers though an Int, but he did still seem to be staring down at least Gates some.

Great game! Let's keep it going!
    :abq1:

13. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Let's slip by. I think it stressed our guys out last year.