1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peterson cited for speeding 109 mph

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    What an idiot, placing everyone in danger driving that fast.

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson said Thursday that he'll be more careful after police clocked him driving 109 mph on a suburban Minneapolis highway over the weekend and cited him for speeding.
    Peterson told The Associated Press he "got a little speeding ticket. I need to be more aware of the speed I was going and not let it happen again."
    Peterson was pulled over just before 8:30 p.m. Saturday while driving his BMW in a 55-mph zone on state Highway 62 -- a normally busy stretch of road known as the Crosstown that connects Minneapolis with southern and western suburbs, Edina police spokeswoman Molly Anderson said. She said Peterson was given a citation and allowed to drive away after what appeared to be a "very routine" traffic stop.
    Anderson said police clocked the 24-year-old Peterson going 109 mph, but Peterson told the AP he wasn't going that fast.
    "But I know it was [a] speeding ticket, and that's what I got issued for," Peterson said.
    The stop happened the night before Peterson ran for 85 yards and a touchdown in a 36-10 victory over Chicago. The All-Pro also fumbled twice.
    Peterson said he was headed to the downtown hotel where the team stays the night before home games. He said he was not late at that point.
    "After I got pulled over, then I was late," Peterson said.
    Peterson, a first-round draft pick out of Oklahoma from Palestine, Texas, led the NFC with 1,341 rushing yards in his rookie season with Minnesota in 2007, then led the league last season with 1,760 yards rushing.
    Peterson has become one of the sport's most popular players, with a high national profile that includes an endorsement with Nike. He has no known prior off-the-field troubles, and he's active in the community with charity work. Peterson annually hosts a Special Olympics event at the team's practice facility, one of his favorite causes.
    Minnesota (10-1) plays at Arizona (7-4) this Sunday night in a matchup of division leaders.

3. CasualKnowledge

CasualKnowledge BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Witnesses reported that the Chargers defense from week 9 of the 2007 season was still chasing Peterson at the time of the incident, but he proved to be too fast.

• Like Like x 1
  4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    [​IMG]

5. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Just a little speeding ticket... 109 in a 55 is a felony in California... :icon_eek: lucky for him Minnesota is apparently more lenient?

6. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Give him a break... he just lives his life at a faster pace. He's faster on the field... he's faster in the car.... With his great vision I wouldn't be too worried...

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :lol:

If I was rich and famous I'd drive like that too.

8. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    That kind of stuff is not looked upon kindly here in VA, the bears here would have locked him up for 109.

Take it to the dragstrip please... :tdown:

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    and we would have been hauled away in cuffs.

10. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    same. The cops wouldn't dare more than give him a ticket or else they could see their vikings ****ed over for ever!

11. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    5 moving violations for the Vikings by Week 17: Over or Under? :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Sounds like there might be a side bet in the locker room to see who can get the highest speeding citation. :yes:

13. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Secret to vikings offense... living life in the fastlane literally?

For the second time in a week a Vikings player was pulled over going 100. I'm not one to criticize because I like driving fast but come on.... Twice in a week? Is this part of their strategy? Is farve next? Are we gonna find out his increased success if from the coordinational skills necesary to drive 109 and stay alive?

OAKDALE, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota authorities say Vikings wide receiver Bernard Berrian has been cited for driving 104 mph in a 60-mph zone, days after police clocked teammate Adrian Peterson going 109 mph in a 55-mph area.

Minnesota State Patrol Capt. Matt Langer said Saturday that Berrian was cited for speeding on I-694 in Oakdale about 9:40 p.m. Monday.

A man who answered the cell phone of Berrian's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Rosenhaus wasn't immediately available to comment.

Berrian's traffic stop came a night after the Vikings beat the Chicago Bears 36-10. Berrian caught six passes in that game for 74 yards.

Peterson could lose his license after he was caught speeding Nov. 28.

[​IMG]:icon_rofl:

[​IMG]:icon_rofl:

I mean right now the vikings look like they'd be equally at home doing this

as going 10-1

14. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I'll say 4 because that's the magic number right now in minnesota. Just for poetic justice the fourth will be Farve going 104 as well.

15. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Methinks the speeding tickets somehow affected the team. They have not played with heart tonight, only half trying in runs and tackles, both sides of the ball. Arizona deserves the win tonight.

*sad, tears*

Too bad they couldn't win out and get to the SB, cuz if they did and the Chargers make it (as I'm soooo hoping for) it would be a sure thing the Chargers would win.

16. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Wow, the Vikings have crapped the bed in spades tonight... :icon_eek:

17. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Yeah, when they have the ball and are 'touched' by Arizona, they just duck their head and go down. When the Vikes defense 'touch' Arizona players, it's like they expected them to just go down, but they didn't. No heart at all.

18. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Maybe they were just 10-1 because they didn't play very many hard teams....

19. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Well, this is pretty much true.