1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Petition Thread - Get Mathews 30+ Carries This Week

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by dizzle498, Oct 23, 2010.

1. dizzle498

dizzle498 Bolts lover 4 life

Ratings:
    +10
    I am starting this thread in the hopes that it will mean something to someone, somewhere. For the love of Pete, can we please get Mathews a full load worth of carries this week. I don't care what the score board says, we have to use the run liberally this week. It is our only chance of winning. If Mathews gets 12 carries again, and P Rivs has to throw the ball 37+ times AGAIN, we are assuredly headed for another L.

These L's will continue until we pull our head out of our ASHHH and use the run like a real championship caliber team does.

Case in point, last year the Steelers averaged 38+ throws a game, and less than 20 some rush attempts, they did not make the playoffs. This year with Rapelotsburger out for the first few games, they ran the ball 30+ times and rang up a 4 -1 record in doing so. They are also, uncoincidentally, widely considered the best team in the league.

Please sign this petition and comment if you agree.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,616
    I think 20-25 is likely if we're not behind by 14pts by the end of the 1st quarter.

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,953
    As long as you are at it, what about a petition for the Chargers defense to step up and sack Bradee at least 8-10 times tomorrow?

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX ☆☆☆☆☆

Ratings:
    +416
    No, that wouldn't do us good seeing as Tom Brady would have all day to throw.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Only way he nears that many carries is if the Chargers get a 10pt lead in the 4th qtr... and Tolbert is hurt.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,460
    With all the Wide Receiver injuries I'm not so sure about this.