1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Petition Thread - Get Mathews 30+ Carries This Week

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by dizzle498, Oct 23, 2010.

1. dizzle498

dizzle498 Bolts lover 4 life

Ratings:
    +10
    I am starting this thread in the hopes that it will mean something to someone, somewhere. For the love of Pete, can we please get Mathews a full load worth of carries this week. I don't care what the score board says, we have to use the run liberally this week. It is our only chance of winning. If Mathews gets 12 carries again, and P Rivs has to throw the ball 37+ times AGAIN, we are assuredly headed for another L.

These L's will continue until we pull our head out of our ASHHH and use the run like a real championship caliber team does.

Case in point, last year the Steelers averaged 38+ throws a game, and less than 20 some rush attempts, they did not make the playoffs. This year with Rapelotsburger out for the first few games, they ran the ball 30+ times and rang up a 4 -1 record in doing so. They are also, uncoincidentally, widely considered the best team in the league.

Please sign this petition and comment if you agree.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I think 20-25 is likely if we're not behind by 14pts by the end of the 1st quarter.

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    As long as you are at it, what about a petition for the Chargers defense to step up and sack Bradee at least 8-10 times tomorrow?

4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    No, that wouldn't do us good seeing as Tom Brady would have all day to throw.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Only way he nears that many carries is if the Chargers get a 10pt lead in the 4th qtr... and Tolbert is hurt.

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    With all the Wide Receiver injuries I'm not so sure about this.