1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

peyton being a little bi-otch

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    in his conference call interview sounds like a complete tool when responding to Acee bringing up the fact that the Chargers are 4-1 against him since '05' and he is basically already putting the blame on his "team" if they lose.

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    I saw that and I totally disagree with your assessment. He's being a professional bi-otch about it.

3. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    nitpicking because Acee used '05' as a base point for the stat and whining that he didn't do his research because he didn't go back a season to the charger loss under a differnet QB makes him professional? More like he has gotten way to accustomed to the press kissing his a$$ at all times

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Peyton can say whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned. 8 strait 12 win seasons will give you that right, and we all know they wouldn't be a 4 win team without him.

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    a little research?

You mean like that lil biatch has never beaten us since we went to a 3-4 defense?

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
  7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I don't believe in streaks when it comes to teams playing each other. Players change every year.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
  9. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Kevin Acee can be a tool sometimes.

What a stupid question to ask one of the NFL's great QBs and Great people. He was obviously just trying to get a rise outa him!

Well done Acee, you just pissed off the wrong QB! Whats the bet Payton comes out to make a statement V the Chargers?!

10. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    How is that a stupid question? He stated their recent record and asked if it had turned into a rivalry. I didn't take anything malicious from it at all

11. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    peyts was already laying the groundwork for blaming his "team" at the end of the interview if they lose so that he can come out with his usual "I'm peyton manning,it couldn't have been my fault that we lost excuses.... not exactly the sound of a guy that is all fired up to make a team pay for a reporter's legit question.

12. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yeah, because a reporter asking a question is going to give him FAR MORE motivation than say, winning a playoff game or something.

13. Lightning

Ratings:
    +37
    Yep and a "reporter" who"s job it is to ask questions can ASK whatever he wants as far as I am concerned. 4-1 Chargers against peyts since '05' gives him that right and peyts acting like it's just recently is pathetic, 5 years is a legitimate amount of time not just a few "recent" seasons

14. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I know how it felt as a Bolt fan not to be able to win in Denver, Philip changed that and it sure feels good.

15. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    and that lone loss was way back when the Chargers ran a 4-3 Defense. Payton has never beat us with a 3-4 Defense.

16. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Fock the Mannings! :lol:

17. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    manning's a wuss...

He just won't admit that every time he gets hit by our D he's on the sidelines crying.

18. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'm sure it agitates Manning that he owns a very poor record against the Bolt's and if it didn't y'all would bltch at him for that. This is the kind of stuff that makes for good games, I'd rather see him at his best than just not caring.

19. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Peyton Manning gets prickly over questions about the Chargers

Posted by Mike Florio on November 27, 2010, 12:11 AM EST

It seems as if Colts quarterback Peyton Manning has been sporting his pissed-off puss more often than usual during games. He apparently is more frustrated off the field of late, too.

During a Wednesday conference call with the San Diego media, Manning didn’t appreciate being reminded by Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune that the Chargers have beaten the Colts four out of five times, dating back to 2005.

“Since ’05, is that a monumental year or something?” Manning said.

Well, yeah. It is. That was the year the Colts were 13-0 and the Chargers went into Indianapolis and beat them.

So Acee added to the mix a 2004 game between that two teams, which the Colts won in overtime at home.

“It’s a preparation thing,” Manning said. “Get your stats correct before you come with this question.”

Huh? Acee’s stats were correct. In the last five games between the two teams, the Chargers won 23-17 in the 2008 playoffs, 28-24 during the 2007 postseason, 23-21 during the 2007 regular season, and 26-17 during the 2005 regular season. The Colts won 23-20 during the 2008 regular season.

Later during the call, Acee chided Manning a bit.

“So, when you were throwing a ball at those kids on Saturday Night Live that really wasn’t acting based on how you tore apart my question,” Acee said.

Said Manning: “I guess . . . it was inaccurate. I don’t know how else to tell you.”

But it wasn’t inaccurate. Acee was right; the Chargers have beaten the Colts four out of five times. Manning could have said something like, “We haven’t played them since 2008 and past records don’t matter. We’ve had a lot of coaching and personnel changes since the last time we played the Chargers, and so have they. So even though we’re both wearing the same uniforms, those past games don’t matter.” Manning opted instead to insist that Acee’s facts were wrong, even though they were right.

It was a rare misstep for the image-obsessed Manning, who always seems to say and do all the right things whenever cameras and microphones are on. Maybe it’s simply a sign of the struggles he’s experiencing as one of the only links to that team that beat the Chargers in 2004.
    Peyton Manning gets prickly over questions about the Chargers | ProFootballTalk

20. gsxr

gsxr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Anybody notice how manning gets no critics on the nfl site? I wonder who he's paying.

21. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Okay Peyon, after some intensive research into stats, wins, losses, tape and eye witness interviews, "How does it feel to be the Charger's little bitch?"

Factual enough for you, dick?

• Like Like x 1
  22. tunaman

tunaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7