1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peyton Manning is finally done, and the Bolts are...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Nov 15, 2015.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551

We've been waiting for this day for a few years, we've even had fans say we shouldn't bother signing FAs because we have no chance to win with Manning in division. Well the day has finally come, and the Bolts are nowhere to be found.

2. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    They are their own worst enemy so they don't need any external joujou!

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Someone posted on my FB page about Manning being done and the Chargers tanking. I reminded them that a team has to have a tank to actually tank a season. The Chargers have nothing.

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Peyton's been done all year. But their defense is strong enough to back them into a 1st round exit in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Just waiting for Telesco to pull that blockbuster trade before the draft moving Rivers to Denver for a couple late rounders and a ham sandwich. :roflmao:

6. chahjah

chahjah BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +134
    the thought of that is actually so horrendous I almost **** my pants

7. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Yeah, but bread in the sandwich will be moldy and late round picks will either be on crutches or in a body cast.

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Peyton is so-so DONE

9. chahjah

chahjah BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +134
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +301
    This may seem crazy, but not only do I think that Manning is done, I think there is a significant chance that the Broncos may be done--at least as far as the AFC West crown is concerned.

Although the Chiefs must be kicking themselves for giving away two games, including one against DEN, it looks like they have already done most of their heavy lifting. They have OAKx2, SDx2, BUF, CLE and @BAL left to play.

DEN still has NE, @PIT and CIN on its schedule.

It wouldn't shock me at all if DEN dumped those 3 games and KC ran the table and took the division based upon having a better conference record than DEN would have (since 3 of KC's losses have come against NFC teams).

Without looking at it, I would have thought that DEN was a lock for winning the division, especially when they had a 5 game lead over KC just 6 games into the season.

11. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Osweiler is better. He can be a great QB, if given the chance. Ala Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.

Either way both Manning and Osweiler will probably be apart of Denver Blowout win in a couple weeks at the Q.

12. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +375
    Finally! I always knew you were a closet Chiefs fan. No way they run table or sweep the Raiders. Best thing can do now is add two more quality losses for Chargers and help out our draft spot.

13. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Would surprise me not at all.......that would textbook sh#tbag Spanos.

14. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +301
    I am not a Chiefs fan at all, but I do recognize their path to the AFC West crown. I am not saying that they are some sort of lock to win the AFC West, just that it wouldn't shock me if they did win the AFC West.

Before the year began, I predicted that DEN would win the division, but stated that KC actually had the most talented team in the division. I think that assessment appears to be holding true.

In any event, have you seen what KC has left? Of their 7 remaining games, they have 1 game against a team with a record currently above .500, the 5-4 Bills and they get them at Arrowhead. 4 of their 7 games are against teams that currently have two wins. The other two are against OAK, and KC is clearly better than OAK even though OAK has improved.

The road game at OAK could be a bit of an issue, but they just completely dominated DEN on the road.

To me, KC should be favored in all 7 of their games. Sure, they could easily lose a game they are supposed to win, but they have momentum (3 wins in a row) and a weak schedule on their side.

I think DEN is more likely to dump their home game versus OAK than KC is to dump either game to OAK. Neither KC nor DEN is likely to lose to us.

We are in contention for the #1 overall draft slot now that DET got their second win. I think we are good for the 5 other divisional losses, but if we are going to get the #1 overall pick, MIA needs to come to play when we play them at home and so does JAC when we play them on the road. Those are games we could win.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    This is what is so infuriating. My God in heaven if this team was decent then they could leap frog the damn Broncos during this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I don't know about that. Their defense is still good enough to allow Peyton to Trent Dilfer his way into a division title.

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    True. They took a hit losing some of their starters recently, but I don't think they have been hit with a lot of IR casualties...

18. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Trade him to the Texans. Easy drive from Austin(moved in 2014) and I can become a Texans fan when they move to LA.