1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peyton Manning should not be butt hurt

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rickochey, Mar 6, 2012.

1. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I do not understand how Peyton Manning can be all butt hurt because he is being cut by the Colts. OF course he was going to be cut when he signed a $100m contract. He signed a contract that was back loaded as he was entering the end of his career. No team should be paying A player $28M towards the salary cap. If he really wanted to end his career with the Colts then he should have looked at the big picture and told his agent to sign a smaller money contract so he could still be attractive to the Colts as he got older. Basically, it was greed that brought this ending to Manning in a Colts uniform.

Peyton you were an amazing player that I watched when ever I had the chance. Heal up and come back. You are a great addition to the NFL.

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,405
    Really?....... that's your headline?

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Our resident breaking news guy does not approve of your headline rick.:ninja:

4. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,405
    First, has he posts a thread with "butt hurt", then he follows it with another with "crap" in the title...... draw your own conclusions.

5. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    hahaha. I didn't notice that. I was watching NFL Live when the news broke about Peyton and they were talking about how Peyton was angry at the situation.

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,405
    [​IMG]

7. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Loyalty is overrated. Colts made the right move here.

Just as we did when we let LT go.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
    I'm sitting here watching LIVE and just seen Manning and Irsay in a car together after flying back from Florida together.

He didn't seem to "butthurt" to me, so where's that report coming from ?????

9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    The media will undoubtedly make their darling Peyton the victim in all of this. Never mind that he banked a sh_tload of money to stand on the sideline last year, on top of all the other money he has already been paid by the Colts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I watched NFL Live as the news broke and they were talking about how Peyton was all 'this and that..'

11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    We didn't make the right decision when we let LT go. Making the right decision would have been letting him go/trading him after the 2007 season. You're right about the Colts though.

12. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Not to mention the pile of cash he got from DirectTV. Manning has probably cleared 200 million dollars for playing a game.

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    You mean after he won his 2nd strait rushing title, and we got our farthest into the playoffs since 1994?

Thats a little too much 20/20 hindsight for me.

14. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    somebody must be mad because they did not start a thread about this first.

15. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Thats what happens when players sign big contracts that are back end loaded.

How many teams are going to take a chance paying him a ton of money knowing that one shot to his head could end his career. Peyton has a target on his back and every Lineman has him in their gunsights.

16. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Ahhh, got ya.

Erroneous, sensationalized reporting on their behalf again no doubt. :rolleyes:

I'd be 99.99% certain Manning was expecting this a month ago, so he's had plenty of time to get the "pissed off" out of himself.

Would have been a tough enough choice for the Colts to make regardless of this past year or not, seeing as they have a chance to take a "Franchise QB" again in this upcoming draft and build around him for the next dozen years..............glad it wasn't us in that predicament to be honest.

I'll sure you'll see a very contrite/humble Manning at todays Press conference, who wont have a bad thing to say about Irsay and the organisation, he knows how to handle a Presser and not burn bridges and totally understands its a business these days.
    It's not like he isn't going to make "top $" somewhere else for the next 3/4 years, so really, what's to be pissed off about ?

17. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Agree, LT had earnt the right for another year in 08/09, even after a down year by his own lofty standards.

If he'd been traded that year, all hell would have broken out over the treatment of the clubs favorite son.

Spanos made the right call by over-ruling AJ that year, but screwed the pooch the following year for sure.

18. jackfrost

Ratings:
    +1,378
    Bounty's maybe ???? :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    He did indeed accomplish those things, but it was also his 2nd year out of 3 ending the season injured. Turner had also shown that he was capable of being a starting RB, was cheaper, and we could've gotten a crapload of picks for Tomlinson. Getting the 2006 season out of LT was unreal, and his follow up in 07 was also fantastic. However, I think that we were all being unreasonable to expect his production to do anything but continually get worse. That's just the way the RB position tends to flow.

It would absolutely not have been a popular decision, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have been the right one. To me, this would've been Herschell Walker number 2, and could've slingshotted us forward, instead of having us running in place for the next 4 years.

20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Now we will see what kind of a person Peyton is. Does he retire, IMO he should. He goes out and is able to enjoy the rest of his life doing things he wants to. If he still wants to be in the limelight and tries a comeback, I hope they dont take him of the field on a gurney strapped on to the back of a cart. One good whack to his head could put hin in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Either way I wish him the best. Every time we beat him I knew we beat a great quarterback.

21. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Beating him always felt fantastic after the phantom defensive holding call in the 2004 game.

22. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Only story in the NFL yesterday I guess since NFL Total Access devoted their entire 1 hour show to it.

23. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    They got the Hit scandal to skim over at the end of the Manning hour.

Anyone watching the live show? WOW does LT look soo different...

AND did anyone hear him pouring over VJ about how hes the most valubable FA?

24. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I used to really like and admire LT but he has been such an idiot lately with his dumb off the wall comments. I don't take him seriously anymore.

25. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Agree. the difference is, the Colts showed Peyton respect on his way out the door, and Peyton returned that respect. Chargers nor LT showed even the slightest bit of respect to each other

26. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    LT was released based on diminishing skills. Payton is being released because he's too expensive to keep with the uncertainty of his injury and the pending draft of Andrew Luck, who is ostensibly a Franchise QB.

I think the two situations are significantly different once you get past both of them being the face of their Franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  27. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    How do you figure? AJ made a stupid comment that was only half serious, and Irsay put his foot in his mouth a few times on Twitter of all places. Both players were asked to take pay cuts too, the only difference is LT was playing terribly and apparently had 10 extra pounds slowing him down.

Do you think its because LT wasn't injured, didn't have 9 months to prepare, or a clear superstar waiting to take his place that his release seems somewhat unceremonious to you?

28. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,405
    And as far as ownerships go, Dean Spanos was nothing but respectful toward LT........ can't say the same for Irsay's public tweets about Manning.

29. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't recall any defamatory tweets by Irsay

30. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,405
    Not defamatory, but hardly a lovefest either. Deano would never engage in that kind of nonsense. NFL owners on Twitter is just embarrassing.