1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Peyton to Denver

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fouts, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    As per Michael Lombardi.

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Oh this just happend? Sweet.

3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    The fur will start to fly now.

4. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
  5. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Poor Manning, was bad enough he had to face almost once a year before. Now he gets us twice a year. Think that may hasten his demise.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Uh-oh .... guess this means that Cooper better be healthy. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    oh so now we get to beat Manning twice a year? SWEET!

• Like Like x 1
  8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I think the Chargers do better vs pocket passers than with running qbs

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Does AJ realize there is a defensive side to the Bolt's?????

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Our avg vs the manning led Colts gives us a W in 4 of the next 6 matchups, could win em all.

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...os-brutal-schedule?module=HP11_content_stream

Look, I love the NFL Network, but if I had the money, I would leave to start the Peyton Football Network. I'd just broadcast every game the Denver Broncos play this season and my ratings would blow everyone else's away. Archie Manning in the booth. Cooper on sideline analysis. Eli in special pregame messages. The PFN. Who needs Tebowmania after all?

But I digress. You want to know what to expect from the Broncos this season, taking their schedule into account. Well, they went 8-8 last season and won the AFC West. And with Peyton Manning replacing Tim Tebow, that should be worth four more wins, right? Well, if you think Denver is going to just waltz to the playoffs amidst new Best Buy commercials featuring John Elway and Pete Coors and set to John Denver music, think again.

I love this part:
    The Broncos' out-of-division games? Hide your eyes. Seven of the 10 teams made the playoffs last season, and the non-playoff teams are the Buccaneers (already very active in free agency), Panthers and Browns.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    TH17, is your sig a new Boones' Farm flavor? :sick:

13. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Now that I look at what DEN is up against this season, its no wonder they didnt want to go into it with Tebow at the helm again.

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    LOL its not new, its always been there. Its actualy from The Dark Tower series. It does sound tasty tho doesnt it?

15. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    I'm thinking there's been too much personel change from our days of dominance over Peyton for the stats to have much relevance. Combine that with the fact that's he's now in a totally different system and your guess is (almost:)) as good as mine.

16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not sure Peyton will be his old self. I think he will give the Broncos some games, but he is just one peice of the puzzle. Will Denver let him be the Offensive Coordinator like Indy did? A lot of question marks that we will have to see how things fit together.

17. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    Agree with Conc, Payton is comming back from an injury, he's 36, new system, he should be on the down side of his career, those who think we'll see 2006 Payton Manning might be mistaken (hopefully)

18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    seconded. Alternatively this will be the first time Manning would have to learn a system since he first came to the NFL. At 36 yrs old, after doing the same thing for 12+ years in one location? The other side of the coin is to go to Peyton's system, and the Chargers have had alot of success disecting Manning throughout the years, we are 5-1 in the last 6 games including two playoff wins. And their 'dominant' defense only has two young playmakers in Dumervill & Miller, there's alot of age all over the place too.

19. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    and,, to some of you, this might be a blessing in disguise, Payton plays well for a year, the Chargers don't make the playoffs, AJ and Norv get fired, Payton goes downhill in a couple of years, the Chargers retool and dominate the division for Rivers last 4-6 years :D

20. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Everyone is overestimating our chances and giving us automatic wins. Now manning has a running game and defense, things he never had in Indy.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I haven't seen where everyone is overestimating anything.

At least it breaks the Eeyore mentality that pervades this place so often.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    It was admittedly, hyperbole, but still they have a winning record against the Colts, not Manning. I think this makes Denver much scarier.

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not. I am just not sure that Denver is a shoe in for the Super Bowl like some of the talking heads seem to think. I think it might be just as likely that his career will end like Joe Montana's did in Kansas City...

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Joe & Marcus did alright in KC. No ring but they got them into the playoffs with regularity.

Frankly, I'd be far more worried about Manning in KC than in Denver.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    If we can't beat Denver with Manning, then we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. Bring on Manning.

• Like Like x 3
  26. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    eeyore_manning.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  27. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I think the biggest difference here is that our games will get more national coverage, and the division will be talked about more.

28. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I think though its valid to note
    1) He's 36 and coming off major neck surgery
    2) He ran the same system for 12+ years and was basically in charge of offensive play calling
    3) He, up to his last year in Indy, had more offensive talent around him
    4) He either has to learn a new system or teach 10+ other players his system, either way its tough

29. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I think Denver is probably going to pick up his system, rather than the reverse. Exactly what did Denver have for a system last season? Single wing and Tebow throws to a receiver on a 9 route?

30. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,930
    ok then that's basically turning him into the OC and requiring 15+ offensive players to learn a very complicated system of calls. That would be very.....problematic for many of their players. Not to mention it requires alot of precision, something their receivers and TEs aren't known for