1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Philip Rivers a bad ***???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Dublin Bolt, May 12, 2009.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
  3. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36
    I like the list; all of the players with the exception of Moss, Shockey, and PacMAN would be more than welcome here in SD as far as I am concerned...

Rivers carries that swagger and plays like a bad ***; granted he is a ultra conservative church guy but eh; being labeled a bad *** is better that a punk *** *****; heres looking at you Cutler...

:bolt:

4. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Jammer and Dielman should have been on that list

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    "...he made his first pro bowl last season" What? I believe he actually made it in 2006, and he got royally screwed over last year.

This is totally screwed up list. You can't put guys like Rivers, Ward, Lewis, and Polamalu in the same list as T.O., PacMan Jones, and Jeremy Shockey. What a ****ing stupid list. How can you praise players like Rivers for being tough, and then praise guys like Owens (king of the hammy pull) and Moss (who only plays when things are going well).

I actually get pissed off when I see stupid ignorant agenda driven bullshit like this, I don't care who wrote it.

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    To add to that, on NFL live on ESPN yesterday, the host asked fellow analyst and former QB Trent Dilfer "Which QB would you pick right now that's under 30 to build your franchise around?" His answer? "With out a doubt, Phillip Rivers". The other guy on the panel (forgot his name) said Big Ben. You know who I would pick....:yes: (see below...)

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +504
    Defo...... Dielman should be there bigtime.

8. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    It is that time of year Dublin - they will stretch anything to try to find something to write about. :icon_sad::tdown:

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Shockey's sexuality was questioned, wasn’t it?

PacMan Jones. I am sorry the List should only include ACTIVE players

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    We all know Rivers is a player, hell I've been telling y'all that for years. "Bad ***" he may have a tude out on the field and he's one hell of a leader but I don't think he say's anything he can't back up. Dudes got game, what else can be said about him?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    The list is definitely missing some key people (guess they didn't poll Jeff Garcia for this?) but I'd call PR a 'bad ***' on the field for sure - he made the NFL Top 10 Gutsiest Players list for the 2007 playoffs, playing on two busted knees and after super secret surgery. Before that, per Rich Eisen, "his mouth was writing checks his play couldn't cash" - after the 07 playoffs and the 2008 season he shut up a lot of critics.

There are still doubters out there, but they won't even be convinced after he brings home two fists full of rings :p So they can suck it :icon_twisted:

12. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
  13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    People have been doubting the guy forever, even on these very board's people didn't like him. He hasn't missed many, if any starts that I can recall including his college career. people are going to say what they want, let them make jack asses out of themselves, it's their choice.

• Like Like x 1