1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates on record setting pace

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by NORV4LIFE, Nov 1, 2010.

?

Will Rivers break Marino's passing yards record?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Rivers is on pace to break Dan Marino's single season record! He has thrown more yards through 8 games than any other qb ever. Do you think he can do it? All of this has come without his top wideout and in recent weeks with awful depth at wr.

2. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Just amazing to watch these guys play. I am not really concerned about the record. I am with Rivers, I would rather have the wins. :(

3. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    They may not have any choice about breaking the records. They're going to have to in order to keep in any sort of competitive position.

4. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    I voted 'no' because I'm holding out hope they play better in the second half of the season than the first, if they do, he won't be throwing as much.

If Marino and the Dolphins had been winning championships, Dan woulda been throwing less too. Yardage records are often the result of a less than playoff calibre team that sports a lopsided offense.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Yep, I voted no too.

I'm holding out hope that we learn how to run the ball some day.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I voted "yes" because I predicted Rivers would break all of Dan Fouts' records.

7. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Very True. In our case its the result of the worst special teams I've ever seen any team have. I sure hope that he doesn't have to break the record in order for us to win but the way things are goin if we want any chance at playoffs we are gonna need at least 300 yards and 2+ tds every game just to not get blown out!

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    One more TD to Gates and they top Fouts to Winslows team record of 38 i think...

Also PR has the longest streak of consecutive games with a TD active in the NFL!! woo hoo.

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I will refrain from voting as I dont want to jinx anything. Already getting more nervous the longer PRs reign continues. Tho seems to be pretty amazing so far without anything remotely solid at WR all season long. Other than AG at TE. One thing for sure I can see why they can use Gates as a main decoy in a game with injury, but I just hate to see this with the history that is mounting on AGs already epic career. I want at least 7 more years out of Gates, even if that ends up being a aka Gonzo2ATL like thing.

Keep it up Fellas!!!

10. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Speaking of the passing record, its not so unlikely that Rivers breaks Dan Marino's mark.....without a single 1000yd reciever this year.

Is it so unlikely that VJack becomes our #1 when he gets back? Theres no way he breaks 1000 in 6 games. Gates is a question mark for the next month at least, Floyd has missed a lot of time, Naanee has missed a lot, Davis on IR etc...

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    All the more epic. PR has all season long been hitting 7+ different targets a game.

12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    So, when is Floyd coming back?

13. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Tom Brady and Peyton Manning disagree with your assessment.

14. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    Rivers had another amazing game. 4tds, all to backups. Top 4 receivers plust best best TE ever out yet almost 300 yards and 4td!! HItting like 9 different receivers. If the chargers come anywhere close to the playoffs he deserves mvp. If manning wins again it will be a robbery.