1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Phillip Rivers Not Making Pro Bowl Is Insulting

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    February 04, 2009
    By Adam Heasley

Quarterback Phillip Rivers is the only reason that the San Diego Chargers made the playoffs. Rivers is also the sole reason that his team beat Indianapolis (with the help of Sproles).

He also led the NFL in touchdowns and passer rating, yet he doesn't get rewarded for it. Instead, Rivers was snubbed a spot on the AFC Pro Bowl roster. How does one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL not get voted to play in the Pro Bowl?

Is it because he played on an underachieved San Diego Chargers team? Is it because he went 8-8 this year as the offensive captain for the Chargers?

Whatever the reason, none of them are good ones. Rivers' situation is very eerie to the one that snubbed running back LaDainian Tomlinson from the Pro Bowl in 2004. San Diego gets no respect as a team, and neither does Rivers.

What does this guy have to do to get the respect he deserves?

Yes, I know the guy doesn't have a Super Bowl ring, but this early in his career you can not judge a guy if he has ring or not. Look at famous ex-quarterback Dan Marino. He never won a Super Bowl but will always be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game.

After it's all said and done, Rivers will have a better career then Giants quarterback Eli Manning and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

Just give the guy some time and he will shut the mouths of critics and the media everywhere.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    F*ck the probowl.

:tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  3. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Ditto...waste of time IMO :yes:

4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    the 2 amateurs in double X (Jason and Earl or something like that) said that Rivers is (to paraphrase) not even in the same discussion with Rothlisberger in regards to who is a better QB

Seems to me that it's close (Elis being third) Ben is a good QB but Rivers is better, he's done his job better than Ben, but Ben has the (way) better defense so he has the rings.

QB Rankings (for me)
    top 3
    1a) P. Manning
    1b) T. Brady
    3) P. Rivers
    the next 7 (don't know the order)
    Rothlisberger, Warner, Brees, McNabb, Romo, Pennington and Manning or Cutler (guys with one season playing don't count yet)

5. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I don't think Pro Bowl voting should take place until the tail end of the regular season. How can you judge overall performance until a player's got at least ten games under his belt? If the voting had been held in late December, I think there might have been some very different results.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    word... :tup:

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Who the fu.ck is Adam Heasley? :icon_shrug:

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Exactly. Rivers has plenty of $$$$$$ to take a trip to Hawaii any time. I'm sure he doesn't really care either.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Well said! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    First off how many people really watch that thing?

Now then we all know its nothing more than a popularity contest. Let the Players and Coaches select the Teams, let the Fans decide who starts.

Now if they want to keep the current system start charging the fans a $1.00 a vote, and all Money goes towards a Charity. That should keep a lot of people from stuffing the ballot box

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I watch it if I have nothing better to do. If I'm board... That's about it.

In that case, I still never watch it to the end.

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd bet Philip would rather have a SB ring than an appearance in the PB. He may not even give the PB any thought during the regular season, he seems to be focused on a Lombardi.:bolt: