1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Phillips to "fake *** fans" - Suck it

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Nov 21, 2011.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    UT quoting Shaun Phillips via twitter

Fake fans - suck it
    talking **** won't get us anywhere
    How's your perfect life going?

ShaunPhillips95 Shaun Phillips

To all the fake fans suck it cause talking ish won't get us anywhere. How's your perfect life my point exactly.
    13 hours ago
    http://twitter.com/#!/shaunphillips95

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah! Take that you fake fans!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    The wheels are starting to come off...

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Before I rip Phillips I'd like to get more information about this statement - is he ripping any fan who criticizes the team or is he criticizing the ones going ape and walking away from the team?

edit: sent this tweet
    long time bolt fan. you angry @ any fan criticizing bolts or those who are walking away. lot justifiable criticism of team

5. Boltz

Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Phillips tweeted about 'fake fans' a couple weeks ago after they lost as well. These players cannot take criticism and they don't hold themselves accountable, as evident by every game they play

6. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    RE: Norvs discpline

7. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Shaun Phillips has gone down in my estimation now.

So the fans are upset, so what! Your a proffessional!! Don't cry about it, go out there and turn it around. The mere fact that he has chosen to bite back at the fans shows a distinct lack of proffessionalism and discipline. But since Norv is the coach...I can't say I'm surprised.

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,585
    "These players" or Phillips specifically? I seem to remember a playoff loss where Phillips was to blame for a specific play. He then gets called out on a local radio show and he said (paraphrasing here as I can't remember exactly) "if you think YOU can do better, then do it". Seems to me that Phillips can't handle what the fans think.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Boltz

Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    We pay for this team. It is like paying for stock and having the stock market crash. (extreme case) We always have a right to complain because without the fans, what is the league? Leagues are made huge by the fans. If no one goes to games, who would care?

• Like Like x 2
  10. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Really Shaun? worry about getting healthy and getting back on the field not what fans have to say cause the team is playing like a bunch of dumb asses... you think we like having to deal with watching this team lose every year??? u got damn right us fans will criticize you cause we want WINNERS ... lol now go beat the Donkeys Sunday... if we lose to Tim Tebow ... time to clean house

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Maybe when he retires he can become a mod over at the CMB. Then he can ban all of the "fake *** fans". :roflmao: He will fit right in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I doubt he is ripping the fans (if any) that are walking away from the team. He is just being a little bitch because he can't take the heat.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think it is because he was probably getting some fans ripping him via twitter. He also tweeted this

[​IMG]

ShaunPhillips95 Shaun Phillips

Shout out to the ones that ride with us win lose or draw. NFL is a hard league if it was easy everyone would do it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    School girl BS.

I apologize to any schoolgirls who may be offended by this. :giggle:

15. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I mean I love the Chargers - all of us here do. And we all have viable valid complaints with the team. If that's what he's complaining about then frankly he can take it and shove it up his ***. If he's complaining about the Norv4Life sort of guys (whether its norv or they go apeshit over anything to such a degree), then I don't have an issue because I have the same complaints.

16. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I'm sure Phillips is more than happy to take the praise when he and team are playing well!

17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    So does he think fans that expect better than the garbage we are seeing now, are fake fans? IMO, people who stay quite and don't hold them accountable, are the ones who aren't real fans.

Real fans.......Get loud and tell these bitches that they need to be better!!!!!

18. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    You know, i ride with my guys win, lose or draw like he says, but loving your team isn't an excuse for judging their performance through rose tinted glasses.
    - When the team keeps losing, and keeps shooting itself in the foot, it is as frustrating for the fans as it is the players, and like them, we have a right to express our opinions too.
    - Are we supposed to just be blinded to the flaws of our team when half of them are self inflicted mistakes? If i kept messing up at my job sooner or later changes would be made and i'd be held accountable for my actions, why shouldn't this be the same for football players?
    - Critisizing a team's shortcomings doesn't make you a fake fan, it makes you realistic. It doesn't mean you don't love that team anymore, but we know that this is a team that should be doing better than it is and as such we have high expectations, of course it's disappointing when we keep on getting let down.

• Like Like x 7
  19. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    Amen!

20. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    Great post

21. Las Vegas Charger fan

Las Vegas Charger fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +35
    I love all the Chargers, their career is a flash in the pan. I loved the Bolts before Philips (and Rivers for that matter) and I will love them when the next generation comes up. It's just frustration of not being healthy and being able to perform. Then you blink, and Philips will be on "our side of the field". Damn what a hurtful thing to say to the fans, fake or not. I have thick skin though, so I will still drag my lazy as* down from Las Vegas, tailgate for 5 hours, watch the game, leave SD around 8 pm, head back to Vegas, and show up to work bright and early Monday morning.
    The team sucks and I DON'T know how to fix it, but as long as they are in the city I grew up in and love, Go Bolts. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321927895.166131.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  22. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Maybe "The Other Guy" is just upset he doesn't get to do his bowling routine very often. The only thing un-perfect about my life is my suck azzed football team ruining every week with their crappy performances.

23. Las Vegas Charger fan

Las Vegas Charger fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +35
    Me too.