1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Phish Frenzy / Info About Tailgate and Chicken Wings Contest

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,737
    I posted this message at the other site, and as always I invite anyone from this or any other site to attend.

Okay, so now that we are on track with this, Sunday we will be hosting the slippery fish. It is also the return of our annual chicken wing contest, with titleholder Dennis (boltfanatik) trying to retain his rooster crown as the chicken king. Ivan (EMB) will be bringing the big grill so that the contestants can cook their wings recipes or their favorite seafood dish. If you plan on attending or bringing a particular food item, post your replies here. If you wish to compete for the chicken contest crown, and have a wings dish you would like to bring, you can post that too. (Yes, the annual trophy is a large rubber chicken) Also, I hear that some of our friends from the North (Canadians) will be here and perhaps share their famous Saskatchewan Psychosis wings recipe... Just come on down to M4 under the trolley bridge, and help make this a memorable game day experience.

Thank you,

Pointy :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I'm just happy this isn't a Phish thread.

3. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    We get a fair amount of people at these get-togethers from about 2-3 sites, and it is always a blast. This just in: Ivan informed me that we will likely see the return of the Irish car bombs at this tailgater...

4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Wish I could go. I've gotta say, I've never had an ICB that
    1. tasted good
    2. didn't have me seeing sideways in about 10 minutes.

5. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    EMB (Ivan) tends to use Young's Double Chocolate Stout instead of Guinness, but it's still the same result. 44 players on the field instead of the usual 22...

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    lol but you still think you're seeing 22. Been there, walked into that wall.

7. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    but it was fun walking into the wall

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I can still taste it. Gorgeous stuff.

9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    It didn't hurt, for some reason...

10. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Why not a fish taco contest? #imjustsaying :laugh:

11. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    As we tend to follow a theme, there will be several of us bringing seafood to the event too. We have done fish tacos in the past, and they are tasty. Personally, I will be making my family recipe shrimp cocktail. You can ask some of the members on this site that have tried it, it packs a bite.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I should be there + 1 - since my salads have not worked well over the last two tailgates, any suggestions?

13. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    You could bring a dessert item like cake. Cake and beer, ummm!

14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I'll bring something to share too of the non-fish variety :)

15. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Side dishes are good too. It's like a smorgasbord there anyway.

16. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    Okay, so we have about 27 persons confirmed to attend, and I am sure that others will show up last minute like last week's visitors.

17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,737
    From the setting up and arriving at 6:30 AM, until the last good-byes were said being one of the last to leave, the tailgate party known as Fargopalooza was a humdinger chicken winger!!! Dennis (boltfanatik) lost his crown but still wound up with a baby chicken, at least he won't be so lonely. The newly crowned master chicken choker is Coach Craig with those killer wings!!! There was also a good amount of Phins fans that showed up, some were friends of members, but a great time was had by all. To the other chicken wing contestants, all of the recipes were tasty and great, a couple of those wings brought tears to my eyes. (probably because I got hot sauce in them. EMB, Jodie, (Mrs. Fargo) and myself were the judges at the event. There were also other goodies such as stuffed peppers wrapped in bacon, the shrimp cocktail, the carne, the texas burgers, etc. Thanks to all who contributed food, supplies, and equipment to the function. And again, thanks to all who attended, just too numerous to mention. (If I miss a few, I apologize...)

Rob Fargo and family (From Canada)
    John, Stephanie, and Taylor
    SDRaiderH8er and his friends
    Boltzzz and his buddy Mario
    Matt and Cindy (Charged4Life, Charged4Zin)
    Ivan and Sally (Eat My Boltage, Boltage Bimbo)
    LABoltFan
    NY Mike and family/friends
    Coach Craig
    BFISA and family
    Bayner and friends
    Danny Land
    Sydalish and guest
    boltfanatik
    PimpJack and son
    Marine John and his buddies
    Pointy

Who else did I miss? Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped or showed up to drink with a great tailgate group, we don't hate, we tailgate!

Thank you,

Pointy

18. Charger Chick

Charger Chick Queen of LOL

Ratings:
    +124
    I gave my tickets to Jeff (the ex) this time. Sounds like he didn't get to the TG until about 12 though. He missed the wings. :eek:
    I listened to the game with Grams. Everyday is filled with home schooling, property management for Grams, and the convalescent hospital. My poor house has been ignored. seriously.. lol.. Do Sally and Ivan still come here? Jeff gave me the message to call. I will as soon as I can. I miss you guys. Good job on the win, all my 12th man buddies.
    :bolt::abq1:

19. Charger Chick

Charger Chick Queen of LOL

Ratings:
    +124
    I have a question.. lol

I was checking private messages and noticed some old ones have "participants" But it's not the participant that I was talking to? lol

Just wondered how/why that is. I feel like a forum noob haha..