1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pick your Pony

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Bolts4lyfe, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    Since there is only 3 days 21 hours 45 minutes and X seconds left (but who's counting:p)

For those of you who will be watching the draft on television. Who is that one guy, who as each pick gets closer to 18, you're cheering more and more (silently of course or not) who you want to see hold up that Charger jersey?

I think it would be kind of fun for each person to pick a guy then we can see who was right, I know it would be impossible to do any kind of betting like everyone throw cash into a hat or something like that but bragging rights are always legit.

Mine I will be Nick Perry

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +118
    Nick perry also

• Like Like x 1
  3. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
  4. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    Hahaha so Perry it is:)

5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    I'll be pulling for either Perry or Branch. I'm preparing myself for either Barron or Smith. The wife may have to dive in front of the big screen and take one for the team when I throw something heavy if it's either Mercilus, Coples, or Poe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +177
    im really starting to fall in love with perry too but AJ has broken my heart plenty of times (actually i cant think of a draft he hasnt broken it :cry:)
    Christmas ListNick Perry
    Luke Kuchley (ya never know if he slides)
    Mark Barron
    Janoris Jenkins (yeah i know CB isnt our biggest need but i would still be excited about the pick)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    Plus not sure how legit this is but some dude said he saw Perry at the PHX airport rockin a Chargers Jersey, First thing that popped into my mind was how awesome he looked in it :)

8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    I'm gonna stick with Kirkpatrick, though I know it's very unlikely. I'd also welcome Perry, Kuechly, or DeCastro.

I will be disgruntled once again if we go D-line, Glenn, or reach for Harrison without trading back a few spots and getting something first.

9. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +252
    I'd be pleased with Barron, really pleased with Kuechly or Ingram, and satisfied with Perry, Kirkpatrick or Upshaw.

Let's hope the earlier teams pick QBs, o-lines or whatever makes it more likely that whoever we want slips down lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +480
    Dontari Poe (AJ never picks who I like ;))

11. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +348
    In the very rare occurence we agree. As much as I like Kirkpatrick, and think Jammer is done, probably not gonna happen. I would love Kuechly as well ( just think the guy is a crazy smart football player) But would be fine if it's Perry, Upshaw, Hightower, or DeCastro.

12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    I actually like him as a safety more than anything, but as a Jammer replacement he'd be good too.

13. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +348
    I don't live in SD so I dont have as much access to SD games but the games I have gone back and seen. Jammer is finished. His major increase in P.I. penalties is due to his lack of being able to stay with elite WR's. Kirkpatrick I would love to have but doubt we take him. AJ will sacrifice the team to take a nobody that won't be an impact player.
    Probably won't take any of the guys we have mentioned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +177
    i would normally agree with you about the part that AJ probably wont take anyone we are mentioning... it seemed to me that over the past couple of years he has been drafting guys out of arrogance.. what i mean by that is he likes to go against the grain and pick somebody that none of us are expecting or maybe isnt valued to go where he is selecting him with the hopes of in a few years everyone looking back and being like woahh AJ was right about him what a genius... i could be totally wrong but thats just how i felt about his last couple of drafts but now with his job clearly on the line i feel like hes made a change in philosophy judging by the free agent acquisitions he has made, taking the safer pickups that conventional wisdom would suggest apposed to wait who is that guy we just signed? and having AJ say watch this hes a gem ... i suspect/hope the players he drafts follows what he has done in free agency

15. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    Damn Mayock does not like Perry, Ranked 49th

a lot of rumors circling @ about us trading up to the 13th

Not saying I'd want this but what if..............

Chargers trade up to 13 pick Barron
    Cardinals get our48th pick but, we get their 3rd round

16. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Well then hopefully we take Kirkpatrick at 18, and Perry falls to us in the 2nd round.:D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    That would be awesome, only in a perfect world hahaha I'd actually like Kirkpatrick stay on the outside at CB and eventually take over for Jammer and grab a guy like Taylor in the 3rd

One thing is for certain an Alabama player is going to be a Charger this coming draft

18. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +771
    Maybe Chargers can trade with Seattle we give our 18th and Whitehurst we move up to the 12th and get an additional 2nd or 3rd

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Perry or Barron.

The big "what if" is if WR Michael Floyd falls. I believe Malcoms contract is up after this year.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    [​IMG]