1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PIERCE: STRAHAN WILL RETIRE

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, May 6, 2008.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05062008/sports/giants/pierce__strahan_will_retire_109694.htm

2. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I have tabbed the New York Giants and the Cleveland Browns as my two "Implosion" teams of 2008.

My two Implosion teams for 2007 were the New York Jets and New Orleans Saints, so make no mistake I know my ****.

:abq1::abq1:

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    As a Lousiana native, saying New Orleans will implode is like saying it will get dark after sunset.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yeah you did.

As for the Gnats, I don't see them being much more than a wild card team (if their division continues to suck.)
    It would be sad to see that Browns implode before they even get anything started.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    :lol:

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Oh wise TK.....tell us the Cheatriots will implode too....:icon_mrgreen:

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Hey Nutriaitch, I know you're an LSU diehard. What is your opinion of ex Tiger, Buster Davis our 2nd year WR? Do you think he's going to be a solid NFL WR for the Bolts? Curious minds want to know. Thanks.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Dude, with quality posts like this you're gonna be more than welcome around this board for a long, long time.

:icon_rofl::tup:

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    How can the Cleveland balloon implode when it hasn't ever really inflated. As for the Giants-I just know you've blown up a balloon and then let go. It will hit the ground, after making some obscene noises, but in one piece.

10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yes.

After an off season of having his nuts licked and being completely overrated due to his one miracle play in the Super Bowl, little Elisha will return to Earth this year. Everyone will remember that he sucks, and his defense really won the Super Bowl.

11. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    He is a solid player who does many things well. Davis is a perfect fit for a team that already has a legit #1 receiver, but needs a solid #2 to take pressure off of the #1 target and ensure defenses respect multiple weapons on the particular offense. His experience was a #2 to Dwayne Bowe although I feel given the reps he can run a better route then Bowe. Sometimes individual achievement can be masked by a team’s depth at multiple positions. Something we at LSU have been accustomed to for some time. :)

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Strahan's had a good, long career. I've always liked the guy. He deserves to move on to a good life after the NFL. :tup:

I DO wish that Brett hadn't taken a dive to give Strahan the single-season sack record, but what the heck. It's only a game. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Antonio Pierce was freakin' great on the Howard Stern Show yesterday. He's interning because he wants to prepare for a career in broadcasting.

As for Strahan, there is no better time to retire than right now. So get it done already.

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Yeah he really was very very good on Stern's radio program yesterday. :yes:

15. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16

Pretty good analysis.
    Buster has GREAT hands (more reliable than Dwayne Bowe's IMO). He never put up eye-popping numbers at LSU, but whenever we needed a 1st down, or a clutch catch late in a game, he was money.
    He started returning punts middle of his SR year, took one to the house in only his 2nd game as a return man.
    Probably never going to be a #1 guy, but will be a very steady #2