1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PIGS ARE FLYING! Jammer a "shutdown force"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jun 1, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
  2. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
  3. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Good for Jammer.

4. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    6th in the conference? not too shabby, too bad this means nothing in the real world.:icon_shrug:

Jammer is a good CB; I say we keep him:tup:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :icon_rofl:

Need a first on 3rd and long? Go at Jammer. FACT.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Jammer has improved a great deal and if not a shut down force he's at least a very good CB. Heck I was stunned to find us ranked this high and I don't find D-Flo to be as good as they describe him to be.

While its a nice honor, what do you all think of the Broncos #1 and Raiders in the top #4

7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I think the Broncos deserve to be in the top 3, and I think the Raiders suck.

8. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The only difference from the 3 picks Florence had and the 8 or 9 he could have had was how hard he always hit the ground!

Seriously, the guy puts himself in position to make plays! If we let him go after this season it'll be a hugemongus mistake.

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Pigs are flying?

Thumper and Sham hurry up and break out the Mossbergs.......:conc: :abq2: :abq1:

10. Monkeybacon

Monkeybacon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Do flying Pigs make flying bacon? Jammalammadingdong had a good year. I know he got burned a few times, but his pass interference calls seemed to be down and hes always been a sure tackler. If his picks keep going up he may get a probowl before retirement. Can we get a "where are they now" on Elvis Patterson?:icon_huh:

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Wow. Not a very good shot, are you. Or else that's a damned tough flying pig.

13. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Teflon wings ..... everything just slides off 'em ....

14. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Hey, genius, think that maybe it could be the defense that the coaches call that isn't working?

I thought Jammer made huge improvements last year. I'm glad to have him.

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Every single time?

No.

Jammer blows. If he was good then how the hell does he let friggin' Ricochet beat him on 3rd and long?

16. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I hope Cromartie takes a starting job this offseason. He needs to start stepping it up in practice to earn his spot.

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Jammer haters just do not know what we really really have in this dude. Jammer rocks in my book and yeah he gets burned but not very often and by the Number One freaking WR.

Cromartie needs to step up his game and contribute this year or fans will start getting the axes and torches to burn his asss as well.

18. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    If SD didnt blitz evry down and they didnt have a pass rush jammer wouldnt be much and i highly doubt you would get a coverage sack out of him.

19. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    It's the nature of the game. You win some you lose some. He's locked up by our F.O. You can choose to keep hating on him if you want, but the guy has improved drastically.

20. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    SD doesn't blitz every down. Don't make stupid stuff up. Any team lacking a pash rush would suffer greatly. So call it what you may, coverage sacks still rely on guys to get to the QB.

21. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    and some of us do...

[​IMG]

he's a force all right...

• Like Like x 1
  22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    "Jammer is a shutdown safety"
    -Reche Caldwell

:abq1:

• Like Like x 2
  23. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Makes my blood boil just looking at that picture.

24. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    That was the one catch Jammer gave up in that game. Perfect throw by Brady. I don't blame QJ for that. You whiners can sqwak all you want. Jammer is a damn good CB.

25. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Isn't there a saying about timing being everything? Add that here.

26. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Hahaha, Raiders suck!

27. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    And that was the ONE PLAY we could not afford to give up. When it came down to ONE PLAY, Jammer FAILED.

Now I'm sure everyone will just have a field day telling me how Eric Parker dropped balls, McCree should have sat down w/ the int., whatever. None of that matters, I'm talking about THIS ONE PLAY. Jammer stops Ricochet, and the Pats give up the ball. Jammer gives it up on 3rd and long (his specialty, I'm suprised he didn't get a pass inteference call on the play as well, but then again you need to be somewhere NEAR the reciever to get one), drive continues, Bolts eventually lose.

Was the whole game Jammer's fault? Hell no. But he had his chance to rise above, and he failed just like the rest of them.

28. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Daaamn... I wonder how any CB gets the title the best. Champ Bailey is supposed to be good, but has been burnt before. I cant reacal a 'good' CB ever in this league who hasnt been scored on.

Yet we come in here and talk about how much Jammer sux, when GMs from other teams are saying they would love to have him on their team (The GM for KC said that on a Scott & BR interview last year). Well after all we are the experts. The same experts that said the Saints wouldnt sniff the playoffs and Brees' career was over. The same experts who said we need to Bench LT early in '06 and get Turner in there full time before the season was lost. The same experts who were sure we were the Superbowl champs last year before the first playoff game. Yes I am one of those so called experst as well.

I think a little detachment is needed, no player is going to be great 100% of the time, Jammer has his faults, and we see them all in living color, which makes us forget the quiet plays where he covers the receiver well enough the QB wont even throw his way. That is what people are saying about Jammer. Yes he got burnt, yes he gave up a TD. Show me one CB starter in the history of the league that hasnt.

29. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It's not a matter of getting burnt, it's a matter of timing.