1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pistons' big-name stars may be traded

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by reg, Jun 4, 2008.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

here is the link to the article,

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080604/SPORTS03/806040384/1048/SPORTS

here is the link to the article about the players who may be traded

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080604/SPORTS03/806040405/&imw=Y

GO LAKERS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Raptors are moving TJ Ford.

Rip and Tayshaun would be interesting. Raptors have 6 deals on the table for Ford according to Brian Colangelo.

If Chicago takes Rose I pray the Raptors package Ford, Kapono (Pat Riley said it was a mistake to let Jason go), Garbajosa and #17 overall for the #2 pick and draft OJ Mayo :yes: OJ is going to be a superstar.

3. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

Rip maybe, but not Prince. Unless you want points with no defense.

But I just don't see them getting rid of Hamilton, to me, Billups and Hamilton are the heart & sole of that team

4. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    I think you mean Rip is the points with no defense player :icon_shrug: Tayshaun is a good man to man defender, contests shots very well.

5. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    I am just dying for the Raptors to get OJ Mayo. This kid is going to be a superstar I am sure of it. I would give up ANYONE to Miami except for Bosh and Calderon. They want TJ Moon Bargnani and #17 for the #2 pick? I would do it in a heartbeat. Just get OJ on the team and the rest will take care of itself.

6. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    You're right. The fans here have been complaining about Prince not showing up in the playoffs, but we ARE talking about Detroit fans so who knows, they root for the Lions as well :lol:

Wallace is gone for sure.

I don't follow college ball much.

Do the Raptors really stand a chance of trading high enough to get your guy?

7. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Derrick Rose from the University of Memphis is almost certainly going to be selected No. 1 by the Chicago Bulls, which leaves Kansas State's Michael Beasley at No. 2 for the Miami Heat.

Well, not so fast, is the buzz coming out of Florida this week.

"I'm not sure Beasley is a Pat Riley kind of guy," says one team official. "There are starting to be some red flags on him. But he is so talented they may have to draft the talent."

However, according to some personnel types around the league, Miami is beginning to test the waters on the value of the No. 2 pick.
    -----------
    Moving up in the draft is a possibility, depending on the opportunity, Colangelo said
    -----------
    Miami Heat: We are continuing to hear that if the Bulls draft Derrick Rose with the No. 1 pick (which is looking more and more likely) they'll try to move the No. 2 pick for either a draft prospect like O.J. Mayo or a veteran point guard like T.J. Ford or Kirk Hinrich.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Looks like Rasheed is gone, Billups probably depends on what they can get for him.

As for the Raptors, it really depends on what Riley wants to rebuild the Heat.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    No way will Detroit trade Prince, he's too young to let go. I'd say any of the rest are expendible.

Maybe Detroit will go after Melo?

10. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    OJ Mayo would kick sooo much *** in Toronto. If they somehow pull that off, that would be a good team;

pg: Jose Calderon
    sg: OJ Mayo
    sf: Jamario Moon
    pf: Chris Bosh
    c: Rasho Nesterovic

bench: Anthony Parker, Andrea Bargnani, Carlos Delfino, Joey Graham

That's solid. Maybe a bruiser big man to help Bosh on D like a Kurt Thomas, and a scorer off the bench like, i dunno, Bobby Jackson, and this team would look good in the East. Other than Bosh and Mayo, they don't have much scoring though, unless Rasho or Delfino have great seasons.

11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Calderon is such a great PG. His assist turnover ratio is just mindblowing and he makes critical shots when the team needs them. Protecting the basketball is very important and the guy just rarely turns it over. He also has an amazing stroke with NBA 3 point range and is one of the top layup finishers at PG % wise only behind Tony Parker in the entire league I believe. Point guards age like wine and Caldy is only 26. Also it has been said that Calderon is the most well conditioned player on the team and can easily handle 35 mins a game. We have Roko Ukic coming from overseas this season and he could be a stud.

Ford is a guy that tries to do too much sometimes and will always be a 10+ shot per game player. Calderon wouldn't complain the least bit if he got only 7-9 shots a game and that would be great if having two go-to guys who can create their own shots in Bosh and Mayo. The Raptors will go nowhere until they find another star to pair Bosh with and then just use filler at SF and C. A core of Calderon, Mayo and Bosh would mesh VERY well in my opinion and give them the ability to finally be legit challengers. Colangelo is good at finding role players to plug in to surround the core players. Kapono is a good role player... no he can't create his own shot but when he is open he is the best shooter in the league, PERIOD. Miami wouldn't have won a championship without him.

If I were Chicago I would swing Ben Gordon and draft Mayo #1 overall :yes:

Haven't given up on Bargnani yet as he improved his defense a lot last year to the point of being a good man defender (help defense still needs lots of work) and in his first year he showed flashes of offensive brilliance. The problem is that they took away his three point shot from the top of the arc and he doesn't have the ability to penetrate to the hoop as someone will just step in front of him and take a charge but he is a weapon in that just by lining him up at the top of the arc it creates matchup problems. His first year he made tons of clutch shots. The guy has skill but he is frustrating.

12. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Completely agree about Calderon.

Here are some incredible links that talk about the point guard situation in T-Dot. They are a must read, u can thank me later.

http://foodcourtlunch.com/?p=730

http://foodcourtlunch.com/?p=305

http://foodcourtlunch.com/?p=332

Hopefully u haven't read them before.

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Pretty funny website.

The food court picture looks like the Eaton Center food court in TO :yes: Ate there before my first ever Raptors game a little over two years ago (been a fan since inaugural season) :yes:

Toronto is an amazing basketball city that would go nuts for a great team. Vince Carter just screwed us. Charles Oakley missed a layup in game 7 in the eastern conference semifinals in like 2001 was it? It was just stupid things here and there.

Right now Bosh is a great player but he hasn't demonstrated the ability to carry the team consistently or against great competition. He doesn't have the "it" factor... but he makes for an outstanding "co-star" or "2nd option". They need someone who can get to the stripe consistently and they need a gritty PF/C who can be a presence on defense and who can board. Raptors are just so soft on both ends. Adding a guy like Mayo would at least make them tough on the offensive end due to his ability to drive to the basket and draw contact. Mayo should become a guy who will get "superstar" calls from the refs with time. He also has outstanding defensive potential due to his athleticism and effort. Lots of people calling for Maggette to the Raps but he is getting up there in age already. Then they need a Joey Dorsey type too... maybe if he drops they can trade something to get the guy. He is NBA ready and can contribute immediately, plus Colangelo has shown a willingness to make whatever changes he wants.

I am just sick of softness on the Raptors. They need to find the right balance of finesse and toughness. Finesse wins them ballgames against mediocre and poor opponents but their lack of toughness loses games against the better teams and until they improve their rebounding and ability to generate fouls (which are so important as they send starters to the bench) they are going NOWHERE. The goal is to win an NBA championship, not just qualify for the playoffs. You have to be bold and daring to make BIG moves.