1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Players starting to organize team practices

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, May 3, 2011.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    37 Saints join workouts organized by Brees - CBSSports.com

Posted by Andy Benoit

The New York Jets are having player-run practices during these locked out days. Attending these player-run practices is soon-to-be third-down running back LaDainian Tomlinson. The future Hall of Famer told the media on Tuesday that at this stage of his career, he is fine with a role constricted to coming off the bench in passing down situations.

Pretty cool Brees gettin his team in the mindset of being a team and working together even if in a capacatated workload they are at least able to do those things like GEL.

What I wanna know is where is the news on the Charger Players practice?

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Add on the Colts as a team that is getting ahead.

EDIT:

My bad I had assumed it was Colts when I read Manning organizing throwing drills.

Either way the Jets Gnats and Saints are starting their post Draft Off season the right way. With team unity building/expanding.

3. TheMcNosty

TheMcNosty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd love to track down the Chargers practicing lol

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    So I now realize that players have been organizing personaly workouts/practices since the lockout was put in place in March. But here is the kind of news I was hoping to hear about SD and post draft workout parties.

NFL.com news: Chiefs QB Cassel leads workouts for teammates in Kansas City

I also have read that PR has been practicing throwing to Brown and loves his this year playability.

Optimisticaly the more that gets reported about these *potental risky* practices goin on team wide, it could help push one of the sides to the table. I deffinatly dont expect the players to play football games scheduled until they have their assurances back in place.

Realisticaly I will have to continue to look at both parties and only wonder w t f already?

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Supposedly, PR has been organizing team practice activities for at least a couple of weeks, it was reported several weeks ago.

6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Brees is an attention whore. He is a rep for the Union and he made sure to let everyone know that he was footing the bill and to make sure there were enough cameras to document it. Arent these the same drills the players want to cut out?

7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Mar 22nd 2011
    Philip Rivers gathering team to prepare for season despite the lockout. Bolt Beat.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Brees paying for the workouts is getting a lot of love from the media. A dude who makes millions of dollars per season footing a bill that "could reach into five figures" is like me buying tickets to a Chargers game for a friend.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'd love to find a practice and do a tailgate to observe it :)

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Im aware of the first player initiated practices back when the lockout came down. Im talkin about now that we got our rookies, can they/are they gettin in on these practices. Im not too worried about the Vets, but I would love to hear *or see* that the Rookies are comming along in the system.

I did see a RapidReport that said Rivers was throwing passes to Brown. Its happening, I just would rather the Chargers were one of those teams that it was being brought to the forefront far as news reporting goes.

11. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Would you be sporting the new "Who the F is Mouton" t-shirt? :icon_rofl: