1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Playoff Bracket

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, Nov 30, 2006.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I dont think its too early to think post this. I truely feel we will be in the playoffs. So heres the bracket that will keep track of all the seeds and who plays who when and where.

As of now, the chargers are seeded #2 and will control the second bracket. IF the colts do not lose anymore games, the championship game will run through their house.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/playoffrace/bracket

I would love to see a charger/raven championship game here in San Diego. We owe them big time. Who knows, maybe it will happen.

2. DaNi3L™

DaNi3L™ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    with a few key games going The Bengals will make it into the playoffs

weather it be wild card witch looks like that is what we will need or Division

either way to whoever faces Baltimore first you guys or us one of us best nock them out lol

cause I am hoping for a Charger/Bengal AFC Championship game

that would be real sweet

3. DaNi3L™

DaNi3L™ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    oh and on another note The Bengals will plan on helping that little issue as well

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072

Yea, but this time its in our house. those -59 degree games suck!!!!!

5. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Just trying to clear something up, if you read the fine print at the bottom, they state that the #1 seed will play the lowest surviving seed from the first round. So if this were the seeding at the end of the season,we would play the Ravens in the second round.

From below the brackets

During the regular season, the NFL Playoff Race Bracket and Seeds reflect how the playoffs would stand if the season ended up to that point. The NFL playoffs are not based on a pure bracket system. In the divisional playoffs, the No. 1 seed is assured of playing the lowest-seeded Wild Card survivor. There are no restrictions on intra-division games and the higher seed of any matchup will have home-field advantage.

6. bigcarson50

Ratings:
    +54
    Oh in any case, did everyone notice who the only team eliminated was? Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    That's a pretty cool breakdown. Do ya think the AFC west could really send three teams to the playoffs?

8. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    I dont want to see the Bengals in the playoffs. I have a bad feeling about them.....

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    ^ Hard Core Pony Hater!!!!!

I WANT THE COLTS IN OUR HOUSE!!!!:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I ain't ready to start slotting playoff positions just yet. Beat Buffalo, Denver, and KC... then I'll start thinking about the who, when, where of the post-season.

Until those games are won, I just can't bring myself to look at the picture.
    EDIT: WTF am I doing opening this thread, then?

Ya'll have at it though. :bolt:

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    The Ravens are a fraud... we all know we should have beaten them earlier in the season in their house. They were beaten up by an average Bengal team last nite, I mean look at the Bengals O line WOW!.

They now have to go to KC who will be fighting like hell after beating Cleveland sunday (assuming they will). In Arrowhead we will see if the Ravens have the balls required to go toe to toe with a team like us again...

The biggest threat to the Chargers right now apart from injuries and themselves are the Cowgirls in Miami, roll on amigos!!!.:tup:

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Yeah you#re looking is right. The next game is the game to be won.
    We#re sure into the playoffs and our Bolt-lightning-team will play the best football they can - whereever they have to play !!!

13. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I just want to make the playoffs. Please god let us win out and take a week off, it's been so long since our boys had some rest. The other thing is, I don't think anybody wants to see us in the playoffs. And we already beat Cinci when they're playing the best football they've played all year. And don't say they're good on D because they raked such offensive powerhouses as Cleveland and "Balamore":no:

And another thing, it doens't matter because we're going to win the superbowl. We are a team of destiny. It has been spoken by some prophet and so it must happen.

But first, must destroy Bills and crush their souls!

14. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Yeah, we owe the Ravens some electric Shocks after we missed in week 3:icon_banana: :icon_banana:

15. DaNi3L™

DaNi3L™ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Cowboys won't be going to the super bowl I'll tell you that now

and btw don't down the bengals our Defense did great against them and we beat them why cause we are a great team, our O Line is great you guys got by it once when you played us to get a fumble from palmer

it's our Defense that usually sucks but they won the game for us last night :) Bengals are far from average

Cya in the playoffs

16. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Super Bowl Braket is supposed to be completed with San Diego as AFC Rep and New Orleans Saints NFC Rep. Headlines read something like this......On a Brees-y day this Rivers could not be stopped.....

17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I kinda like a Manning-Rivers superbowl

18. bigcarson50

Ratings:
    +54
    having put some thought into this now, here is what I see.

I would say that it is most likely that we get a 2 or 3 seed.

It is less likely that we get a 4 or 1 seed.

While I dont think we will settle for the WC, I don't see us dropping past the 5 seed, so I won't discuss the 6th seed.

If we get the 1 seed, what else is there to say, the road to the SB comes through SD, someone will either hand us our first loss at home, or we are going to Miami. if this happens, thsi is how I see the other seeds shaking out.

1. SD
    2. Indy
    3. NE (have you seen the rest of their schedule?)
    4. Ravens
    5. KC
    6. Who cares

In this case, it is likely we would play either KC or Baltimore in the first round.

If we get the 2 seed, this is what I see.

1. Colts
    2. SD
    3. NE
    4. Balt
    5. KC
    6. Who cares.

In this scenario, we likely play NE in our first game, unless, who cares pulls the upset, then we are up against KC/Balt again.

I don't see us getting the three seed, if we lose enough games to get down to the three seed, I see us tied with Balt, so we get the 4 seed.

1. Indy
    2. NE
    3. Balt
    4. SD
    5. KC
    6. ???

So we would play KC, and then head on to Indy. If we slipped to the first WC, we would play at KC, and then head on to Indy.

Not sure if this was worth typing, but it was fun.

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    alert !!!

Season Ticket Holders Have Until 5:00 Today To Reserve Your Playoff Tickets

20. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Shelli can't get to the dance......Daddy fooled with one of those Voo Doo chicks while playing in New Orleans and was cursed...It's called the Marino curse.

It goes like this.."you and all those that follow in your bloodline will have a great career...but you will never get to the big dance".

All this for not satifying the poor Voo Doo chick.....:icon_rofl:

21. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Dec 3 Detroit
    Dec 10 @Miami
    Dec 17 Houston
    Dec 24 @Jacksonville
    Dec 31 @Tennessee

Damn. The Patriots aren't going to lose another game.

22. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    It is quite possible they can lose to miami and tennessee. Maybe jax depending on how they play.

23. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Miami is playing well. Do not take them for granted. It's a huge advantage for teams in South Florida when cold weather teams have to come face them in December. Much more so than vice versa (which is usually what the media makes a stink over).

Jacksonville isn't terrible, either.

And Tennessee is scrappy. I love that team and their stupid flaming thumbtack logo.

24. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Young surprise leader of NFL rookie QBs

That link has some nice props for Rivers, while taking a potshot at shEli, too !!!

:lol:

25. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19

thats pretty sweet thanks for posting that tboltscali:icon_toast:

26. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    its tboltz with a Z!!!! thank you very much!

27. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156

28. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867

Holy crap really? I didn't buy mine yet!

29. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    It's 1:13 AM Dec. 2 and I was able to pay for my tickets online. I should be good to go. Thanks Trumpie for the reminder!

30. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195