1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Playoff Picks/Matchups

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by tboltzcali, Jan 2, 2007.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    in a days 82-46
    MadMike 79-49
    PostAnteaterCharger 76-52
    Concudan 76-52
    Tboltzcali 72-56
    turbo_turtle 72-56
    Nomadic boltfan 69-43
    TCHDNSD 69-43
    BoltsfanUK 68-43
    Justachargerfan 67-43
    Van De Man 63-47
    Thumper 61-35
    Cranberry 55-41
    ChargerRay 50-46
    Rule12b 49-30
    Dublin 41-38
    Edgar 31-17
    Reef Shark 21-11
    Glutton4bolts 20-12
    Boltsbound 20-12
    Drunk 16-16
    T10 16-17
    LT teh Ghost 8-8
    Portland 11-5

I would like for everyone to give there reasons for their picks this week and the weeks to follow. I will start so you guys get the idea.

Saturday's Games

Kansas City @ Indianapolis
    Dallas @ Seattle

Sunday's Game
    NY Jets @ New England
    NY Giants @ Philadelphia

• Like Like x 1
  2. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    0-0!!! Records dont matter anymore...You win, you live another week...You lose, you go home! This is it Boys and Girls! Bring on the playoffs.

KC @ Indy
    This game is going to be either a blowout or a very close game. The Chiefs play great at home but horrible on the road. Indy has those guys named Peyton and Marvin. They connect better than anyones cell phone company. They been here before, but never got to the show. The only thing that will stop them is their defense that leave big holes for opposing team's running backs...by the way....KC has a good one. LJ is a bruiser. If you cant stop him, you will lose. Nothing else matters here. If the chiefs have a big day from LJ, they will win. If they control the game, they will win. But the chiefs also have a so so defense and thats going to be the difference here. Their could be an upset , but I like the Colts in this one....24-17.

Jets @ Pats
    Patroits have also been here before. They are led by Mr. Brady. He knows how to win in the playoffs. The Jets pretty much snuck into the playoffs beating lousy teams. The Patroits arent the team to beat anymore. They will be without Rodney Harrison which could hurt. This game may be close but I dont see the Jets upsetting the Pats at home. I like NE......27-13

Cowboys @ Seahawks
    Both these teams played up and down throughout the season. The only difference here, the Seahawks played in last years super bowl and they know what they need to do. Cowboys have major issues surrounding their team. Romo was hyped up to be an above average QB, although he did show some flashes. But if you saw last weeks game v.s Detroit(3-13), you know he's not all that. You cant sleep on this team as well. He can and will hurt you if you let him sit in the pocket and allow him to survey the field. They still have that guy T.O. and he can get past you in a flash. The Seahawks will try to run the ball with Shaun Alexander. If you let this guy get hot, your done. I like the Seahawks in this one.....30-17

NY Giants @ Philadelphia
    Where did the Eagles come from? They look like bats out of hell! I didnt think Jeff Garcia would lead this team but I guess I was wrong. The Eagles still have a very good defense and they can beat you up. Their offense isnt scary like years ago but they are solid. The Giants are a lost bunch. Eli is...blah!..but they have a great running back in Tiki Barber. Plax Burress can still fly but I dont see them getting into the second round. Thanks for the memories Tiki, but I like the Eagles....27-9.

3. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Saturday's Games

I Pick Kansas City because Indianapolis finished the season with the 32nd run defense and Kansas City finished with LJ has the 2nd rusher. If Ron Dayne can run over 200yds on Indy then LJ can't wait for this one

Dallas @ Seattle
    I pick Dallas because they play much better on the Road than at home. Dallas has better total defense than Seattle. Dallas is the 13th overall D and Seattle is the 19th Overall D.

Sunday's Game
    NY Jets @ New England
    I pick the Jets because they're going to be fired up for this game after what happened when NY beat NE and Belichick didn't shake Mangini's hand. That will be played in the Jets Locker room all week.

NY Giants @ Philadelphia
    I pick Philadelphia because they're playing better all round football than the Giants. Since Mcnabb went down, Garcia has played well and kept the Eagles season alive. The Giants have been playing terrible football but Tiki Barber got them to the playoffs last week but one man can't win you the Game.

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +497
    Saturday's Games

Everyone expects LJ to run wild but it won't be enough. Peyton to win it at home. He throws 4 TDs. 35-14.

Dallas @ Seattle

Hasselbeck to shred Dallas D including well overrated Roy Williams, this guy couldn't cover his granny. Romo found out. Alexander to run for 2 TDs. 28-10.

Sunday's Game

NY Jets @ New England

Brady to show Pennington and Mangini how it is done. Pennington throws 3 picks. 27-7.

NY Giants @ Philadelphia

Philly to squeak it, many expecting it to be easy it won't be as Tiki does an LT in his last game in the NFL. 24-21.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Kansas City Chiefs at Indianapolis Colts, Saturday, 4:30 ET (NBC)
    KC...err LJ will beat Payton. KC will just throw in once in a while to give LJ a breather.

N.Y. Jets at New England Patriots, Sunday, 1 ET (CBS)
    NE will get revenge for the home loss earlier in the season.​

Dallas Cowboys at Seattle Seahawks, Saturday, 8 ET (NBC)
    Sqwaks will take care of the Girls with Alexander and the running game. ​

New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles, Sunday, 4:30 ET (FOX)
    Gnats are going to get owned by Philly.Garcia is playing very well and the ShEli will continue the family trend of 1 and done game.​

• Like Like x 1
  6. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +502
    Saturday's Games

At Home, On Turf, despite 150 yards and 2 scores from LJ, Peyton Manning is too much for KC and there 4-3 defense.
    35-21

Dallas @ Seattle

I think that the keys to defending Romo are out of the bag and I think a solid performance by Shaun Alexander with 3 TD's puts this one away.
    31-24

Sunday's Game

NY Jets @ New England

I'm picking the Jets more because I want to play them then that I really think they can beat New England in New England in the playoffs. I want some payback!
    27-24

NY Giants @ Philadelphia

Philly is on a roll and it continues as they pound the Giants who have all kinds of injuries and morale issues. Westbrook has a monster day in response to his Pro-Bowl snub.
    42-10

• Like Like x 1
  7. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223

Indy slows Johnson and Manning hits every wr on team and a pop corn vendor with TD passes. KC sucks on road.
    28- 17

Dallas @ Seattle
    Dallas stinks right now and playing on the road with the crowd noise makes it worst. 35 -14

Sunday's Game

NY Jets @ New England
    Pats win at home in a low scoring game 17 -14
    Both coaches know each other inside and out home field Jets don't win at N.E. twice in 1 year.

NY Giants @ Philadelphia
    Eagles hot Giants not , Eagles defense get after Manning big time
    28- 14 as G-men run the ball a lot trying to protect the kid.
    Garcia has eye of the tiger and he wants somebody to sign him a big check next year. Miami next QB WINS.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    KC is just gonna pound the ball and indy will be out early

Dallas
    @ Seattle
    Dallas is going to struggle in this game but i think the Romosexuals can pull it out.

Sunday's Game
    NY Jets @ New England
    Im goin Jets because they beat the Pats @ NE earlier this season, i think they can do it again

NY Giants @ Philadelphia
    Philly is riding a 7 game winning streak, Garcia is throwin like a champ and they got one of the biggest pro bowl snubs in Brian westbrook

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    Saturday's Games

KC has been running the ball well, their passing game is somewhat suspect, but the D on Indy cant stop the run to save their life.

Indy has the 3rd ranked Offense in the league, KC has the 16th. Advantage Indy.
    Indy has the 21st ranked D in the league, KC has the 16th. Advantage KC.

That said. Payton, and company can put up more points than LJ, and the KC D is not a lot better than Indy’s. Payton out scored the Chiefs to move on to the next round.

Dallas @ Seattle
    Both teams have not played their best football in recent weeks. Cowboys are reeling from turnovers, mental mistakes, and just bad game time decisions.

Dallas has the 5th ranked O in the league, where the Seattle squad struggles at 19.
    Dallas has the 13th ranked O, and not surprisingly (due to injuries) Seattle is at 19.

That said I have to give the nod to Seattle who out of the two is playing better football. Dallas has had too much time to dwell on what they are doing wrong, and I think that Romo’s woes will continue. No return of Romomentum this year.

Sunday's Game
    NY Jets @ New England
    I have no faith in the jets. Tom Baby is a very good QB to have with you in the playoffs, that is unless he loses, then you have to console him.

The jets are outmatched in this game. Patriots have the 6th ranked D, and the 11th ranked O. The Jets are struggling with the 20th ranked D and the 25th ranked O.

This weekend will see the Jets unceremoniously dropped from the post season.

NY Giants @ Philadelphia
    This one just might be the game of the weekend. Both clubs know each other well. That said they even hate each other. Hate their stadiums, their colors, their fans and their cities. Giants snuck into the playoffs and Philly is going to see them out just as quick.

Philly boasts the leagues 2nd ranked O, and 15th ranked D.
    Giants have the 14th ranked O and 25th ranked D.

Giants cant keep up, but their hate will make them play better than they should. Philly moves on.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,889
    Indianapolis
    I know the Colts run defense is suspect but KC does not play well away and has no other offensive weapons minus LJ and Gonzalez. I think the Colt offense is just too powerful in this case

Seattle
    Dallas is falling apart on offense and the wheels fell off on offense. Romo's momentum evaporated and he's been unable to counter the moves made to counter him. Seattle will win this one because of offense firepower and their defense will get after Romo.

New England

The Jets are good but they are outmatched in almost every area by the Patriots and I don't have the guts to bet against the Pats coach

Philly

I have absolutely no good reason to believe in the Giants at all. They were in better shape last year and got creamed by Carolina. They are a poorly disciplined, poorly coached team with no confidence. Eli Manning will get his head handed to him.

11. Helmutt

Helmutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Indy will score early and often, denying KC the ground-control running game they need to win. Colts 35-10.

Dallas @ Seattle
    Seattle at home in January. Looks like it will be rainy and cold. Not a good sign for the struggling Cowboys. Seachickens in a ground-slosh game 17-10.

NY Jets @ New England
    Brady and the Pats at home > J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets. Patriots 28-12.

NY Giants @ Philadelphia
    Philly will look to shut down Tiki, leaving the game in Sheli's hands. Iggles 24-10.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Playoff question...

Will the winner of the Quiefs/Ponys game be coming to San Diego or the winner of the Patriots/Jets game?

Or will that be decided at the end of both games?

• Like Like x 1
  13. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

whoever is the lowest seed remaining comes to SD

skaws, yanks or the propellers

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Carrie's picks...

Colts, Pats, Seahawks, Eagles

15. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Colts - Because, I said so. :yes:
    Patriots - Because, I said so. :tup:
    Seawhaks - Because, I hate the Cowboys. :icon_rofl:
    Eagles - Need I say anything? :censored:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Colts - I hate the Chiefs

Seawhaks - I hate the cowboys

Eagles - I hate Eli

Patriots - I hate the Jets, but I hope they win...

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Ponys - That hurt to say that!! :icon_evil:
    Partiots - That would make a great match up here.
    Seahawks - Cowboys are falling apart
    Eagles - Because they're playing great football

Chargers vs. Patriots in San Diego will make a great Playoff game!!!

May the Colts go back to Baltimore and get their teeth kicked in!!!

May the Chargers eat up the remains of either team in the AFC Championship!!!:bolt: :helm1: :bolt2: :helm3: :ABQ2: :ABQ1:

18. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Colts over Chiefs 30-10.
    Manning has a field day and the D finds a way to stuff LJ. Peyton lovers come back out of the woodwork and start blowing smoke about this is his year.

Cowboys over Seahawks 28-20
    Romo gets his groove back. Game isn't as close as the score.

Pats over Jets 34-17
    Pats come storming into San Diego with a major thumping of Pennington and company. They suddenly shoot to #1 in everyone's power rankings.

Giants over Eagles 20-17
    Absolutely no reason for this pick except it is the NFL, upsets happen, and especially in the NFC anything is possible. Baby Manning plays well enough to give the Gints fans hope for another season. Ha ha, poor suckers.

19. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Indy will have trouble with LJ, but KC will have more with Payton.

Dallas @ Seattle
    Romomania is dead.

NY Jets @ New England
    It's the playoffs and we all know how Brady is this time of year, especially at home.

NY Giants @ Philadelphia
    Eli sucks.

20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

lol. Good choice of words!!!!

21. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +87
    Indy..... Manning will be too much for the Chefs secondary and Green will make mistakes
    New England......Experience will pay off here and they are home
    Dallas.....Romo will play like he did earlier and Seattle recievers are banged up
    Philly.....I fricking cant stand that fing cry baby eli, put a helmet in his chest...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Go Boltzzz :ABQ2: :ABQ1: :ABQ2: :icon_toast:

22. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    KC @ IND... The Chiefs have been aweful on the road this year, but Indy will NOT be able to stop LJ. I'm looking for 200+ yards from Johnson in this one.

SEA v DAL... Seattle played well all season when Alexander and Hasslebeck were healthy (the lone exception coming against the bolts). Dallas floundered late in the season and is experiencing some internal issues right now. Seattle is loaded with post season experience and will triumph over Romo and the cowgirls.

NE v NYJ... I think this will be a very tight game, but Brady is a bada$$ in January. NE doesn't have the talent they have in years past, but quite honestly neither do the Jets. This should be an exciting game, but the Pats have just a little too much talent on the field and sidelines to let this game get away.

PHI v NYG... phuk Eli.

23. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Some of us did good today...I'll 4-0 in play off picks...

:bolt: Go Bolts !!! :bolt:

24. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    There is something to be said about home field advantage in the playoffs....:tup:

25. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Perfect record for me as well , I guess were the champs!
    :tup: :tup: :tup:

26. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Great i went 1-3, maybe i shouldnt pick SD this weekend:no: . my odds favor that they would win.

:unsure: