1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Playoff Week, Version-08...Thoughts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Jan 2, 2008.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    • I have been geeked up for Bolt football all year, for some reason, I am not real geeked up for the playoffs. For some reason, the rest of the town seems kinda blaw as well.
    • This time last year, 1090 had 3-4 rallies (House of Powder Blues)
    • Indy/Dungy had good reason to lose to the Titans. Indy knows we own them regardless of the field of play. Thier best shot at not playing us was for us to play Tennesee and they controlled Tennesees' destiny... IMO, Indy gave the Titans the game. Bummer for Cleveland, I think you owe it to the league to give it your all.
    • McNiel will own Vander Douches.
    • Haynesworthless. Not really, his game is a huge...I hope we have something planned for him.
    • It will rain and we will run the piss outta the ball...I like our chances in that type of game.

We know Tennesee tires... Wear that *** out Norval.

2. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Good post. This has been a season of struggles. On the field and off. I get the feeling lots of people are holding their collective breath. Me, I'm feeling snarlier as the game approaches. I'm not up for a rally. I'd rather just bite the head off of a Titan bobble head.

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    That ralley thing was played out and tired. I am glad 1090 kept it in their pants and decided not to do them.

I don't think that Dungy gave anything away because they didn't want to face us. Tony Dungy is far too smart and far too classy to do what you are suggesting he did. What you are suggesting is basically fixing an outcome of a game. No chance Dungy would EVER do that.

What if the Titans beat us, then go there and beat them? The old saying is "be careful what you wish for", and I think it applies here. I think it's pretty funny that anyone would think that the World Champs are afraid to play the Chargers at home.

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

exactly,

I'm sure the Colts would have loved to have us one more time this year, just for the revenge factor

5. LiGHTNiNG ROD

LiGHTNiNG ROD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3

'07 was strictly distasteful for the San Diego faithful starting with the debacle versus the Pats.. it was then followed by the coaching upheaval that left many wondering what direction this franchise was heading in. Then the slow start... I know no one wants to relive those games but slowly and surely things started to peak. December we were able to turn it around right into '08. This WILL be our game.. outcome 27-10 for the good guys!:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  6. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Hmmm…Kerry Collins says different. Was it just me?

Indy wants no part of us. Their best away at avoiding us was for the Titans to play us at home. The Titans can match us with intensity. Cleveland…Not so much.

TBF

7. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I dunno. I am just kind of, waiting. I think there's just a lot of nervousness and axiety floating around. A win on Sunday puts a lot of that to rest.

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    If the Titan beat us, then they go play NE (#1 vs #6). That plays right into Dungy's plan.

It eliminates the bolts, who have owned Indy and the Pats have to play a bruising Tenn team in the Div round.

Indy gets the winner of the Pitt and Jags beating the crap out of each other.

As to the excitement, peeps got all geeked up last year as we were going to DOMINATE in the playoffs.....and then we got the big fall, crash and burn. I just think peeps are going into this one a bit more low keyed as they don't want an emotional crash like last year.

9. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Errr...I think you have your brackets mixed up there a little...:unsure:

10. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Nah...I think he's right...It's not a true bracket in that sense...The lowest seed remaining will go to NE...(I think).

TBF

11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    You are thinking NCAA tourney brackets, the NFL reshuffles the match ups after each week.

It is always Highest seed vs Lowest seed remaining.

We win we go to Indy and NE gets the winner of the Pit/Jax.

We lose, Titans go to NE and Indy gets the winner of the Jax/Pit

12. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    You need to get your facts straight. Kerry Collins made reference to the final play of the game, not the game as a whole.

If there were any hint of a game being thrown, Goodell would suspend the coaches involved immediately. It would have a ridiculous fallout and the integrity of the entire league would come into question.

So to answer your question, YES, it's just you.

13. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Dungy doesn't have a plan except to beat whoever lines up on the other side of the ball. He's not sitting there scheming about this. Sure, in private I am sure that he has things that he would like to see happen, but to quote an old football saying, all that he can worry about is the Indianapolis Colts. Thinking two games down the road is a surefire formula for failure.

Any given Sunday.

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Prolly should have said "Dungy's plan, if he had one." I don't think he would throw a game, but you can not ignore the fact that the current scenario does favor the Colts somewhat. Both the Chargers and Titan were a group of walking wounded at the end of the last game.

15. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    The opponents will get progressively more difficult through to the AFC championship game. As the saying goes... football games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage. If Rivers has time to do what he does best... or if Tomlinson is breaking into the opposing secondary... we should score a lot of points.

Conversely... if our defensive line and linebackers are penetrating the other team's backfield and disturbing their timing, we are less likely to get burned down the middle of the field as was happening early in the year.

Assuming the order is Titans, Colts, Pats... the Chargers will have to ratchet up their level of play each week to defeat all of them.

16. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I know exactly what Collins was talking about, I heard it too amigo.

20 seconds, 20 minutes my facts are that Dungy didn't give his all and everyone knows about it. I don't care that he didn't play a single marquee player...I wouldn't either...But you don't change the game via coaching decisions which is what more then I think. Collins let the cat out of the bag that many suspected. Cleveland is pissed, that IMO is thier own damn fault for not winning the previous week. But, were we, the Chargers in the same position and the situation involved us, you may be screaming a different tune. Dungy is a class guy, but class guys have agendas just like you and I.

You play the entire game. Can you say Dungy coached the entire game? No according to Collins you can't!