1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Playoffs or Bust Martys Job ?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RMANCIL, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This is my biggest beef with Marty as well (clock mgt). I like his fire and brimstone in your face approach to motivate the players to perform.

2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    More like Belichik. His idea of clock management is to grind you into the dirt. He'll just keep on attacking and does not sit on a lead like Marty does.

3. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have seen Marty pour it on as well.

The Halloween massacre of the Raiders two years ago was one which Marty did not care.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, after last year's win in Oakland, Terrence Kiel was interviewed an d said that Marty absolutely hates the Raiders and Al Davis. It's a very personal thing to him.

However, he [Kiel] didn't know why.

Maybe Mary interviewed with the Raiders to take over for Madden and Davis told him something disparaging before choosing Flores. I dunno.

But we're benefitting from that hate. :icon_mrgreen:

5. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Couldn't agree more. There is just something about WP.......I think he was born to be an assistant and not head coach in the NFL.

6. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Some guys are best off being coordinators than in total charge.

I.E. Wade Phillips, Mike Martz, Norv Turner, Al Saunders.

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Marty's record against the Raiders was what made me smile. It goes back to "just beat the Raiders".

8. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    What, 7 or 8 division sweeps from his years with the Chiefs and Chargers? :icon_mrgreen:

9. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,319
    ZACTLY! If he can do that with the Chiefs and Donkies, he can stay as long as he wants!

10. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,319
    :trout: :trout: :trout: :trout: :trout: :trout: :trout: :trout:

11. Edgar

Edgar BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I think Marty needs to win some playoff games to prove he is the right guy for a playoff team. I think he has proven over his career that he can take a young team and make them a winner - but he has equally proven once he gets them to the playoffs he is a LOSER.

I like Marty. I think he is an excellent Coach and Teacher. He has been a large reason we have turned this thing around - but we now need to win some playoff games if not he will be shown the door. Heck, considering he and AJ are oil and water he may not have a chance to stay here no matter what he does.

• Like Like x 1