1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Playoffs??!! Tickets!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    I just got a letter from the Chargers organization, and they sent me the notification for the 2014-2015 postseason tickets. Basically, they want payment for the potential two games that could be played by the Bolts, or roughly 290.00 dollars per seat. And payment isn't due until December 12th, lovely. Happy holidays everyone!

Pointy :mad:

2. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    Yea little early
    I got that email too
    Raiders won bye the way

3. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Yep...I got the "...we think we have a shot at the playoffs...send money!" letter today. I am always glad to get that particular piece of mail because it is a reminder that the team has a winning record and may be relevant. If the Chargers don't take the division, having a home playoff game would be a long shot. If I pay and they don't get a home game the money rolls over to next year's seats. If they do get a home playoff game...I get to go to a home playoff game!!!

Meanwhile, back on Earth...the O-line had better get their act together or things could get ugly early. Get well Rivers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Got the same thing, but when you go into your account to pay for it, you can choose the "2014 Playoff Pay as We Play" option. So you don't have to pay for it all.

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Step right up folks, get em while they're hot!!!!!!!!!

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I can comprehend how silly it seems to get this at this juncture It makes sense for those to come out now instead of later.

Imagine the mad rush it'd take if they always waited until it's actually definite before sending those out?

If I were running that department I'd always be sending those out early if there was even a modicum of a chance we may host a playoff game because the alternative is finding my organization sitting their like dummies with thumbs up their buts trying to sell tickets on a game and risking alienating season ticket holders who don't get priority because I now have no time for that.

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    $290 per seat?! *gulp* I'm gonna have to get a second job....

8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Of course, the price tag is another story, lol

I can't remember how much I paid for my ticket to the playoff game in 2006 but I'm pretty sure it wasn't anywhere near 290.

9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    This cost per seat covers both playoff games, the divisional or wild card game, and the AFC Championship game. So, it works out to about 145.00 per seat for each of those games. Just a few dollars more than what a regular season ticket holder would be paying for seats for a game.

10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    IIRC I bought my playoff ticket on Stubhub in 2006 even though I was a season ticket holder that year.

I'm not sure if I missed or ignored the letter for playoff tickets beforehand, but I do know I wasn't initially planning on going to any playoff games as I was moving back to Arkansas after getting out of the Navy before the playoffs began but in a last second decision decided to fly back for the game.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Yeah, I got it and I'll be waiting until the 12th before I think about paying for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. blitznd33

blitznd33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
  13. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481