1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Playoffs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Dec 12, 2013.

1. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    True but let's put it this way, for the Bolts to make it the Bengals have to win. So Cincy ends up #2 or #3. If we don't want to see the Bengals round 1, we're backing the Bengals, Bills, and Colts next weekend. Then we're going to Indy (provided we beat KC). ;)

But yep, all that points to Bengals rolling out starters.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,896
    Better hope Indy doesn't **** the bed against Jacksonville in your scenario, unless you don't mind San Diego going to New England.

Right now I just want to get there regardless of who the opponent is, lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Actually, we match up well against NE. It's playing @ cincy that would suck. Fuckers will probably open the doors and let the ******* wind in again.

4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,039
    ^^ This. New England's been vulnerable to any team that can run the ball effectively - which for the first time in howthehelllonghasitbeen I can say we finally classify as now - even since Wilfork and Tommy Kelly went down injured. The only thing that really scares me about playing either the Pats or the Colts in their house is the likelihood of both those "media darling" QB's being on the beneficial end of a lot of favorable flags.

5. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    This whole thing will come down to the stupid *** J.E.T.S laying an egg.
    The Bolts will miss the playoffs because of 1 game. 1 close game that we should have won.
    Cincy will beat Baltimore but Flipper will be laughing when the JETS crash.

With that said, I'm excited and looking forward to a team that we can build on.
    Last year wasn't Rivers fault but more so a scheme that tried to force a plan rather than use what we had and plan around them.

We got blessed with some huge surprises with these rookies and other players stepping up.

It isn't over until Weddle shaves though:)

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Don't give up yet. If Miami can get blanked by the Bills, they can definitely lose to the Jets. Rivalry games are always unpredictable. I could see the Jets losing by 20 or winning by 10. Like the Raiders today, the Jets have nothing to play for which means they also have nothing to lose. They can go out and ruin a rival's season.

7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,147
    All I can say is, still breathing...

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Something that shouldn't be taken for granted after tailgating with Raiders fans.. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +223
    Noo...I'd want no part of facing Brady and Beilichick in N.E. Cin is better matched for us but I really like the fact that in 2nd matchups against teams we lost to this year our D has played tons better. Either way playing one more game in Jan is all I could ask for from this team.

10. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    Its all getting very interesting now.

Jets need to win. And the way they fought today at home against Cleveland, I hope they do the same next week in Miami. Rex Ryan reportedly told his players, he will be fired at the end of the year. So judging how they played today, with that fire in their belly, I have a lot of confidence they'll go into Miami and put up a fight. They really just need to run it down Miami's throat and play the killer Rex Ryan D. Please do not let Geno Smith dictate this game.

Bengals need to win. I think they will. They've played real well at home all year, and the way Baltimore looked against a bad and banged up Patriots D, and also Flacco and Rice being banged up as well, I think the Bengals take it here. It will be a close one though, division rival game.

And that leaves the Chargers. So if Cincy wins I hope NE loses. I'd rather play NE than Cincy. And also, the Chiefs have the 5 seed locked up, so I'd be surprised if they started all their starters. Guys like Smith, Charles, Bowe, Hali, Houston might get some rest (hope so).

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,610
    Houston and Hali are both injured, Hali played today but didn't look right. I have a feeling they'd be on IR if the playoffs wernt coming up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +521
    I agree with most with one exception, so let's discuss what we agree with:

1- Rex Ryan will go out with a bang and the Jets will most likely win at their divi rival's to finish their season at 8-8, the same as the Dolphin, but since they end up with a better Divi record than the Fins, they will actually then end up as the 2nd place in AFCE!. Today was the day that the Dolphins with look back upon as the day that their 2013 PO hopes were officially dashed as their obituary date!

2- There are a few incentives for Cinci to win, most obvious one being that they will actually a change to garner than #2 seeding with a bye week, but I see very little odds in the Patriots losing to the Bills at home! The Bengals will do their darndest to bounce off the Champs because: A-they are a hated Divi rival and B-Cinci will most likely end up playing Baltimore again at home as seem #3 (Bengals) vs seed #6 if the Raven should prevail in week 17. No one would want to face a confident reigning SB Champ to contend with when the slates are wiped clean during the WC week. The Bengals manhandled the Chargers and short of gaining seed #2, find the Chargers the most suitable victim during the WC PO week! Since it is also very likely that the Colts will defeat the Jaguars, it is also imperative for the Bengals not to drop to seed #4 to face a very dangerous and rested Chiefs team which is already locked in as seed #5 and has no further incentive whatsoever to take an unnecessary chance on any injuries.

3- New England would not want to fall to seed #3 to host a cagey and unpredictable Chargers team even on their own turf, because with their D if the Chargers O is firing on all the cylinders as they have shown that they are well capable of doing so, New England will give the Chargers a pretty good chance to payback the "favor" during that infamous 2006 Divisional PO game rounds.

Every Charger fan must be licking their chops for the 3rd scenario should the Bolts make it into the POs as the 6th seed, but I just do not see the Patriots be so ignorant to drop a game to the Bills and face a very difficult scenario (for them) as the 3rd seed!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  13. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I don't know. Patriots are likely to be with their defensive rock, McCourty. People are overrating their win @ Baltimore. They played Joe Flacco on a sprained MCL, and you could just tell every throw he made, he wasn't stepping into them. They've had no run game all year, so the fact they tried to run with a banged up Ray Rice was laughable as well. Once they fell behind, there was no getting back up.

Patriots have been very shorty this year. Yes, there finding ways to win games, but this Buffalo D will really beat up the Pats OL at the LOS. Williams, Dareus, K. Williams, and Hughes have done a very nice job. As well as Alonso, and their secondary is playing well. They'll be getting EJ Manuel back as well, they only lost by 3 to New England in Week 1, and they had a lead almost the whole game. Its going to be very interesting.

I want New England. I feel we don't match up well with Cincy and on the road. But, I feel like this team is turning into a road team. They've gone into some hostile environments and won games (Denver, KC, and Philly).

14. mt_bolt

mt_bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I don't really care who we play in round 1, I just want the stars to align and we get to play in post season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    I didn't think the Bills would beat the Dolphins either. You never know, that's why they play the games.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    We play the Colts in that scenario if they beat Jacksonville. If not then it is New England.

17. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +521
    Granted that I haven't been following or watching the Patriots this season, so my opinion is merely judgement based on yesteryears, but I still remain convinced that currently mediocre teams who have been perennial PO contenders, are a completely different animal in the PO's because of their extra experience and confidence.

We may not have matched up well against Cinci at the LoS during the regular season, but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't King Dunlap not playing that day? We have much more of a cohesive OL with Dunlap on the left and Fluker on the right side. Just saying...

18. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +295
    I feel pretty good about the Bungal-Crow game.......but that Jets game...can the Jets not go "Jets" on us.....UGH. :unsure:

19. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +295
    Since the Queefs are in already.....could they possibly rest some starters???.....hmmmm...:unsure:
    No Charles anyone???!! :sneaky:

20. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,617
    Miami knocked the Jest out of the playoffs a few years back. You can bet the jest are going to be out for revenge. Just think how wonderful you'd feel at the end of the season where the Bolts were not going to make the playoffs and beating a division rival would knock them out as well. GO JEST.

21. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Even better..

22. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    We struggled with the physicality at the LOS with the Raiders yesterday..

Patriots have a ton of rookies and new guys on the roster, totally different from last year and years before.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
  24. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
  25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    I still don't believe it

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    [​IMG]

27. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    We can beat Cincy next week if Andy Dalton throws interceptions all over the field like he did today .. The Defense just had to play better

28. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    our game vs Cincy last time was a close one at 17-10. I think we can hold em to a similar score and possibly be on the winning end of the outcome.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,896
    So.....what do the percentages say about fake punts that, if they fail, would give the other team the ball in FG range in overtime?

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,190
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1