1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Playoffs

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Dec 12, 2013.

1. BoltsNHoes

BoltsNHoes I gotta have me my....

Ratings:
    +71
    I hear Hacksaw on the radio calling it a "tainted win" as if the Chargers cheated and caused that field goal to miss right.

Thus why I can't listen to the mighty 1090. I try, but the hosts like Hacksaw and Scott&BR are just awfuk. Nobody said anything when the Bolts got screwed in week ! Against the Texans.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Darren is the only one worth listening to on that station. I don't even try with the others. Especially Hacksaw.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BoltsNHoes

Ratings:
    +71

I think he comes on when I'm listening to Mason & Ireland so I've never heard him. Ill have to give him a chance but the rest of those guys are just hacks.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    I like BR. Quaksaw and Scott are just dumb.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Preechr

Preechr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    There was no whistle, and the way it was called by the officials was completely correct. Weddle lost his helmet on the play before the ball came out. The moment a ball carrier's helmet comes off, the play is dead.

Rule 7, Section 2, Article 1

An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended when a runner’s helmet comes completely off.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. BoltsNHoes

Ratings:
    +71

You know what it was? I tuned in once after the Redskins loss and it was the Scott & BR show. I listened while this guy replayed the radio calls play by play the whined and b****ed after every single one. I listened for about 15 minutes and decided that was all I could take. 24 hours after I loss I don't need a replay & cry session, calling McCoy another Norv Turner and stuff like that.

Today I tried to give Hacksaw a chance and he completely lost me by mispronouncing players' and coaches' names and repeatedly calling the Bolts win yesterday tainted. I had to seriously ask myself if I'm listening to a Raiders station.

I'll stick to 710 ESPN Los Angeles even though they never talk Chargers.

7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    While I generally can't stand Lee "Face made for radio" Hamilton, I will weigh his considerable taint expertise, here...

• Like Like x 1
  8. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Just say No to Hacksaw. He's a complete waste of time and he makes up his crap to spew. I have avoided him now for 2-3 years.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +317
    Hacksaw would call his mother's ***** "tainted" if he thought it would gain 0.1% of a ratings point.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Hell, the way we escaped that burning wreck, to live another day, we're not playing with "house money,"
    we're playing with an evil mix of Itchy & Scratchy Money, Monopoly Money, Bitcoins,
    Dogecoins, Green Stamps, Del Griffith's Casio and an expired Subway Sandwich Club card!

• Like Like x 2
  11. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +322
    Love it.

TrainsPlanesAutomobiles_Casio.jpg

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    It's a double edged sword; great come from behind and gutsy win but yeah it was against the JV team of the Chiefs whom the Chargers clearly didn't take seriously. If anything it can be almost like an exorcism - we have won games twice in a row that we would've lost handedly earlier in the year. Still it's not how you necessarily wanna go into the playoffs and the team better play stronger of they're dead meat.

Side note: I love Darren, I like the Coach when he's on and I really like Craig Elsten on 1090. I like Ben and Chris in the morning instead on 1360. Hacksaw I just treat like a crazy uncle.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BoltsNHoes

Ratings:
    +71
    Well at least I know the Bolt Talk fam agree with me on one thing. I wish 710 ESPN LA would talk more Chargers but it's Lakers mostly, which is fine but I have to tune into SD stations

I gave XTRA 1360 a fair listen today. Nowhere near as vomit-inducing.

Anywho, yeah....playoffs...

14. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    I was just on USA Today's playoff page,
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/12/29/playoff-postseason-super-bowl-schedule/4245551/
    and I really liked the way they graphically represented the Bronco playoff game for Jan. 12…

Colts:Chiefs:Chargers at Denver Broncos 1:12:14.png

Not sure if that means that the Colts, Chiefs & Chargers will choose a mini-All Star team to attack Manning,
    or if it will actually be 33 on 11 at any given time, which I must admit, I absolutely would tune in to see!

And please don't suggest it's some kind of "either/or"…that would break my heart.

p.s. So, am I the only one who feels weird writing "2015" on my checks…?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +322
    I think so... because you should only be writing 2014 - lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +193
    Radio is terrible here, starting with Hacksaw. Darren Smith's voice sounds like nails on a chalk board, and he will go on and on about something he said he isn't gonna talk about, he will spend 45 minutes talking about not talking about something. Scott is a goofball, but Billy Ray is cool. Chris n Ben are OK too. Anyway, whats this thread about. :cautious:

17. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81
    At least it's not possible to play down to the competition for the rest of the season, amirite?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    No, I'm just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of everyone on this. :p Still feels weird, though. :D

19. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    How you "go into the playoffs" is way too overhyped.

When the playoffs begin everyone in it is 0-0.

20. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    Back when 690 did the Chargers games, it was the best. Hacksaw was a goof but was such a Chargers fan and the whole production treated it like a passion all week long leading to a game. Back then the radio was live with the game so there wasn't a delay and you could turn the TV volume down and get real 22 coverage (radio crew watches the game on the field while tv crew watches the TV--even though they are at the game). However, if you were just listening the radio, Lee could give you multiple heart attacks in one play...

"Third and fifteen, Humphries back to throw. He's got Martin running deep! He throws! Incomplete! No! Intercepted! Throw the Flag dammit! Wait, No! Touchdown SaaanDiego"!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,165
    To quote a dead guy, "Just win, baby!"

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Who the f*ck still writes checks?

23. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Who the f*ck reads my posts and thinks they're serious?

24. BoltsNHoes

Ratings:
    +71
    Bad dog!!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    fify

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 1.04.07 PM.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    You thought my reply was taking you seriously? I'll use an emoticon to give you a hint next time.

27. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    And I do still write a few checks, so ha!, in yo face!!!
    I keep the checkbook on the typewriter, between the Intellivision and the 8-track.
    Lance Enjoying New Phono.png

28. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +503
    BurgerTime. 'nuff said...

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,764
    These games used to be considered the money games for the players as it was extra cash for da stash back in the day. I'd love to see this Bolt team come out truly pissed-off and with purpose to win. Rivers, in his day after interview concerning making the tourney seemed almost sedated as if he is not going to get caught up in all the hoopla as stay focused with business at hand.

I still see the defenseless as the biggest fault with the team, it's almost as if they have a loose ground and their brains flash for on to off then back on. The only problem with that is, no one knows when or why it happens. It seems everyone knows the Bolts have a tough time scoring TD's inside the red zone, that, along with giveaways must must stop. There will be no next game if these boys can't stop the running game or score TD's, unless something completely bizarre occurs in the Bolts favor.

30. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1