1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Please AJ...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Oct 26, 2008.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    (like he's gonna listen, but anyways)

1) Fire Cottrell, now if possible, at the end of the season at the latest, if now, give Rivera the interim tag, tell him to be aggresive and see what he can do

2) If this team can't get into the playoffs (or win a game) fire Norv and hire a young, gutsy coach, keep Norv as OC if you have to

3) Personaly dump a wheel barrel full of money on Merriman's doorstep

4) Extend Rivers and McNeil, give Cromartie a discounted offer (no where near a shut down corners deal) if he doesn't want if tough

5) Have an all defensive draft (preferebly a NT, a couple of rush ends or LB's and another safety

I am missing anything?

2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

We need to draft some road graders at RG and RT as well.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I want a RT/RG in that draft too if we can get one

I'm not giving Rivers as big of a deal as like Rotlesburger or Manning either, or McNeil as big as most top notch left tackles because I'm not seeing as dominating performance as I did in 2006 or even late 2007 and I'm warning Cro big time

4. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I don't really agree with point 2, and I'm kind of iffy on the Rivera thing. I mean, I can see the benefits of promoting in-house, but I'm actually interested on the whole Nolan idea too. I'm willing to bet that Nolan could make more of an impact coming in mid-season because of his familiarity with the 3-4 set and his previous success with it than Rivera could just because he's been here. As others have pointed out, his area of responsibility isn't doing well at all.

The time to re-sign Cromartie is now. He sucking it up so there's no way he could ask for a ton of money. If we re-sign him now at a discount I believe that he could get so much better, as long as he doesn't buy into the Deion hype.

Points 3-5 are spot on. Wish I could get AJ's email and express these points to him! :lol:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Admit you f**ked up!!!
    Stop looking for puppets disguised as head coaches.
    Stick to bringing in talent and cutting underachievers.
    Stop budding into the head coaches job.
    Stop with the ego.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Basically I'd put Rivera out there (since everyone seems to think he's the most plausible future candidate) and say that here's your chance to impress the front office. I'd at the same time talk to Nolan and say that your at the top of the list to take over this defense.

And frankly I don't agree we should resign cromartie YET for the simple reason that he's looking more and more like a flash in the pan. i'm happier with the progression of Cason and even Gordon

7. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    if he fires Cottrell and possibly Norv I think that pretty much constitute and admission of fing it up

I'll agree on this one

He's always done that, he'll do it again

we don't know this to be true

I'll agree it might be getting out of hand, he has to show it's not an issue with his next coaching staff hirings

8. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    Agree, for me Cromartie goes all the way to the back of the line as far as extensions go, if there's money left then we can talk, AND he (under no circumstances) should make more that the #1 CB Jammer

9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    So far, he's possibly the biggest fluke in NFL history unless he can prove otherwise.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I think the coach hiring and firing has to come from spanos. With A.j.'s input. Loyalty is a nice thing. Unless its screwing things up.

All A.j. has to do is look at our defense before cottrell got here and since cottrell has been here. THe guy is just slow to figure things out. The vikings knew it. THe jets knew it. Now most charger people know it.

A.j. and spanos should have enough ammo now to dump cottrell so there is less misunderstandings about it.

At this point there is no reason not to give Rivera a chance. Gad. WE couldn't be much worse defensively.

11. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    Aren't you supposed to defend your boy? :icon_shrug: :icon_tease:

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Dear AJ,

It's time to bring in a real head coach.

signed, the fans.

• Like Like x 1
  13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    No more trading draft picks for white boys.

14. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Weddle has done well. He's leading the Bolts with tackles and has had some nice picks as well. I think he should have had that one today because I don't think there was clear evidence that it touched the ground.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Shouldn't have to. He should be making me proud. :icon_evil:

16. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Keep Norv Turner as HC and fire Teddy bring a new DC in.

If we suddenly do better and our defense is very much improved then BINGO we found the weakest link.

If we start struggling make Norv OC full time and get another coach in. Since I don't think it would help us mid season to change HC we should keep Norv at least until the end.

I put 90% of the blame on Ted and his defense. Frankly I don't see Norv as a HC more like a OC with a lot of power and running the Chargers by committee. I see AJ as really being more of a HC since I assume he has final say in cuts and coaching decisions.

As for blame the vast majority of our defensive problem, and Chargers problem, is Ted. His schemes are horrible and even if executed 100% would still equal failure. There is a reason why opposing teams get the 8 plus yards on the same routes. Our players are playing a ****** zone scheme that needs a great pass rush to succeed.

At least on Norv's calls it could go either way if our O-line played a little better.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Who's worse Dale Lindsey or Ted Cotrell?

18. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    AJ get on the phone to Pete Carroll. Make it happen!

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Lindsey

20. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah stop trading future picks aways.

21. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    If we miss the playoffs Norv has to go. I know the players are the ones not performing but damn he needs to be the spark plug. I blame Norv for our slow starts.

22. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    QFT

23. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...That's the problem with being enamored over a certain player. AJ loved both Weddle and Hester, overpaid to move up in the draft and compromised San Diego's future drafts. We should have gone out and signed a decent back-up like Mewelde Moore without giving anything up. I don't see Weddle being anywhere near an impact player. He lacks the speed, size and physicality to be a dominant safety. Hester is in a league bigger and faster than LSU ever faced. Again...too much to give up for an unproven draft pick.