1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Explain..

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Jan 2, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    How did we only score 10 points last week in Detroit and they got torched by Matt Flynn yesterday for 40 + points? Anybody?

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    It's all about the books in Vegas. Somebody was bought to take a dive...

3. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    Simple, it was the Universe telling the Chargers that they weren't going to sneak their way into playoffs this year.
    The Verse was somewhat kind, though, as it at least let the Bolts win against the Raiders. Losing the seaon against them would have been so much worse.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,583
    Because our defense lost the game last week. Green Bay's nearly D nearly cost it for them too. Stafford threw for 500+ yards, and had a TD taken away from them on a bad call.

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    because it's the NFL, any given Sunday I guess

6. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings:
    +61

I think our DEF slept in too late in Detriot.

7. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Still no excuse why are offense only put up 10 points..

8. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
    How did we kick the **** out of Baltimore, yet Baltimore stuck it to PITT. Does that mean we can stick it to Pittsburgh?

9. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    There's just too much inconsistency am I not right? Changes NEED to be made..

10. ViennaLager

Ratings:
    +61
    31 teams suffered from inconsistencies as I saw it.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Baltimore has sucked on the road this season. That said, Gaither seemed to actually makle a positive impact on the OL this season. We all saw how Rivers was getting killed earl in the season. That is something the GM has to take account of, if Rivers doesnt have time to throw, he is a normal QB. Give him time to throw and a good plan, he will carve the D up.

Way too much. More on the D than on the O this season. Manusky's defense was horid and it wasnt all because of injuries. Putting our eggs in the Sanders basket (looking at you AJ) was a HUGE gamble that failed. We had no back up plan for him. Our LB corps got old and slow. Not a glowing review for ole AJ.

That said, I suggested weeks ago that both AJ and Norv might be back because of the mony the Chargers owe them. We should know for sure this week.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Just out of curiosity, did Bob Sanders retire? I heard he got a pretty good severance package from the Spanos family...

13. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Nothing like the Chargers from what I saw.. we started 4-1, had a six game losing streak and then won 4 of our last 5.. after coming off a fantastic win against Baltimore we go into Detroit, needing a win seeing how everybody lost that we needed to, and get the **** spanked out of us and then Detroit goes into Lambeau and Matt Flynn and Ryan Grant **** all over that defense.. Are you serious? We went back and fourth with the Packers with all their starters but we couldn't beat the Lions or atleast put up a game? We lost 38-10, Norv's worst loss in his tenure and a game that both teams needed to win showed you what Jim Schwartz and his staff did right and what Norv and his staff did wrong..

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd say the Bills came pretty damn close.

But please - don't let me spoil your need for drama. :rolleyes:

15. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    After playing only 10 games in the last 4 years, I think he should really consider it if he hasn't announced it yet

16. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    everyone here in the Northeast expected that though.. Bills always find a way to choke..

17. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    I think I've only started one thread here, and it was making the OPPOSITE point!
    That, by mid-season, the Chargers had been remarkably consistent, playing like a C+ team
    in contest after contest. And, through most of the rest of the year, they beat weak teams
    and lost to good teams...pretty predictably.

The only game that really broke the mold was the Lion game. That disaster was the only
    time they weren't right in a game 'til (almost) the end.

Of course, the phenomenon you're talking about has always been with us, league wide:
    Chargers pound Chiefs. Raiders pound Chargers. Then Chiefs inexplicably pound Raiders.
    Doesn't seem logical, but then there's a million variables on any given Sunday.

How did the Raiders dominate the Chargers in San Diego, then get dominated by Chargers in Oakland?

Overall, I think the Chargers were more predicable (except in Detroit, and possibly v. the Ravens)
    than most teams this year, like the Chiefs & Bills...

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    parity rules...

19. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Because there is no such thing as football math.

20. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    This!

21. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    It's all about the teams attitude when the step on the field. What they feel, what the coach said ,did they party late the nite before lots of factors when it's time to step up & play IMO