1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Please keep a great Charger fan in your thoughts and prayers!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HBM, Jan 9, 2009.

1. HBM

HBM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17
    http://boltbunker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2493

A great poster some fo you who go to Boltbunker will know really needs your prayers. He just found out his family had a car accident on the way home. Some of his family did not survive.

Please take keep a GREAT CHARGER fan in your prayers!

HBM

2. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Prayer Request - from Bolt Bunker

I am posting something pretty heavy here - but this person has asked for help.

He is a recent member here and a long time member at the Bolt Bunker D4L here - Diego4Life on the Bunker...

Here is my post from the Bolt Bunker - if anyone is so inclined - thank you...

I just got off the phone with Pedro (Diego4Life). I called him after he sent me a PM tonight. I am not going to share the whole message but here is part of it:

...I'm not sure when the next time I'll be on here will be, hopefully soon. But I had another tragedy in my family. I just found out a few hrs ago my Dad, brother and sister in law were driving back from mexico and got into an accident. Their kids survived but my dad,bro and sis in law didn't. I'm trying to get tix to SD now. I'm hurting really bad bro. So much has gone since last month now this...

He is flying to San Diego tomorrow to be with family and I asked if there is anything I can do and all he said was he needs prayers for him and his family.

He has my number and knows he can call anytime day or night and he assures me he will be ok, just needs time with his family right now. He promised to call me and let me know he's ok. I of course will pass it on here.

He is very thankful for everyone here - so please have him and his family in you thoughts...

I will pass on any news as soon as it comes.

Jeff

Thanks everyone

• Like Like x 2
  3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

I don't even know him... but my heart just breaks for him and his remaining family, particularly the kids who lost their parents and grandfather in this accident. :no: :icon_sad:

4. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334

My prayers and positive thoughts to he and his family.

5. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153

Lifting them up in prayer even as I type this.

I am so sorry.:no:

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

God Speed

7. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443

how awful...:icon_sad: my prayers to him and his family..and god bless you for being such a good friend..

8. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Done.:yes:

9. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Thank you, I didn't see the other thread

10. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    'S OK, I'm just glad people care enough to post threads like this.

11. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    D4L, my heart, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight. I am so so sorry for your loss.

*hugs*

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Please pass on my condolences, he will be in my families prayers.

13. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    To compound things, he was already dealing with a new divorce. This just piles misery on top.

I already donated. I wish I could do more.

14. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    You and your Family are in my prayers Diego4Life. Sorry for your loss.

15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    My prayer is that God rewards him 1000 fold and ease's his pain and suffering.

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    This is so terrible. Jeff, thanks for letting us all know.

My thoughts are with he & his family.

17. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    To reiterate, those who would like to donate any amount to help defray my friend and longtime Charger fan Pedro's costs for coming to San Diego, because of the tragic loss of 3 of his family members yesterday, please go to this link:

http://boltbunker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2494

Thank you.

18. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    My condolences to you and the rest of the family, D4L
    Our prayers to God include your loved ones.

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Oh man... this is hard to imagine. That's life changing.

My condolences to D4L and his family.

20. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family :icon_sad:

21. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    I just talked with D4L. He is in California. He is going to log on when he can but he is so happy so many paople - on all all 3 sites - have reached out to him in this very difficult time.

He said - "God bless you all" and of course I relpied "God Bless you and your family Pedro"

Side Note - SDRaiderH8dr posted that if the AFC Championship game was in S.D. he had a FREE ticket for him, I cannot tell you how much that meant to him. Also I told him that donations were pouring in - and that's when he lost it all together.

But now he's with family and he will be ok.

22. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    Pedro and I have been communicating via text. He and the family are holding up ok.

Another challenge has been the fact that the accident occurred in Mexico so make all the necessary arrangements and securring transportation to bring the deceased family members back to the States has been difficult. They think they have the arrangements now but its going to be very expensive. Another reason the fundraiser was such a good idea and they very much appreciate it.

He really does apprecite everyone here and he will log in as soon as he feels up to it.

Also, I was asked if there was an address in case people wanted to send funds directly, and I have his address so just PM me and I will be happy to get it to you.

23. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    My prayers and positive thoughts continue to be with he and his family. My deepest condolences to he and his family. If there is anything I can do more than that let me know.

PS what about a Bolttalk fund to help the family.

24. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    I spoke with Pedro. Man this family is going through a lot. The bodies of all 3 family members still have not been released and now they have been told that they will have to go into Mexico and identify the bodies first.

The family is staying close together but they can't get closure as this process drags on.

He is very thankful for everyones support and says he will log on soon.

The expenses are mounting so again great job everyone on the financial support.

Give your family an extra hug.

25. BLITZED56

BLITZED56 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Wow, that's horrible! Sorry to hear about you're loss D4L. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

26. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    PS what about a Bolttalk fund to help the family.

Several forums, including Bolt Bunker and Bolt Talk, have started a combined donation fund to help defray his expenses as this drags on.

Here again is the link to the page at Bolt Bunker where you may donate if you wish:

http://boltbunker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2494

I dont believe you even need to register. Just go to the top of the page, and click donate. You will be guided to where you can help monetarily.

27. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I just got off the phone with Pedro. I talked with him awhile.

Im glad I finally called him. I was apprehensive all week.

He's hanging in there and said to report to y'all that he is okay. He surprised me how a little upbeat he was. He even chuckled a few times.

He is surrounded by family so that is helping. I reiterated that he has many friends here that are here for him.

Smile Now.[​IMG]
    Cry Later.
    Good words, my friend.

They FINALLY got all 3 bodies back here last night from Mexico. They didnt have to go identify them. At last, something positive to report. Although, the amount they had to pay was ridiculous, so any funds we collect will be very needed and welcome.

His Mom doesnt have internet, that is why he hasnt been on. He said he will get into a library or somewhere that has internet soon and log on here.

28. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I don't really know him (have seen him a few times on the other forum on the occasions I lurked it a little) but this is a tragic and touching story and my prayers are with him and his family...how very very sad. I will make a little donation too because I think we should all help each other in life during dark times...I will look for the link for donations but it would be good if it was posted here. God Bless him and his family. And rest in peace to his beloved family who were taken.

• Like Like x 1
  29. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I didnt want to overdo it.

Here's the link on bolt Bunker:

http://boltbunker.com/forums/misc.php?do=donate

You dont even have to sign in.

1.Just use the pull down menu to choose the donation amount.

2. Click submit.

3. You are directed to Greg's(Bunker admin) Login/Paypal Page which is the collecting agent for Pedro. This is a secure site so I am not posting the link here.

• Like Like x 1
  30. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    For the second time I'm having trouble registering there; I keep getting the anti-spam thingy wrong, and can't contact the Admins cuz there's an anyi-spam thingy there, as well :icon_eek: :icon_sad: :tdown: :unsure: