1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Plenty of bad blood circulating around NFL

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltmanbz, Dec 4, 2008.

1. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2006
    3. Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler vs. San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers

“I’ll be honest about it – I don’t like him.”

– Cutler on Rivers

It certainly adds to the league’s drama factor when two of the NFL’s best young quarterbacks are in a snit with each other. A dust-up that goes back to late 2007, when Rivers was caught by television cameras pointedly celebrating a failed Broncos fourth-down attempt, and directing some taunts in Cutler’s direction.

A Chargers source pins the blame on Cutler, saying the Denver quarterback’s personality rubs Rivers the wrong way. The source also pointed to some of Cutler’s in-game gestures as the reason for the friction.

“Cutler is the one who was grabbing his crotch [last season] and saying stuff to Philip in the first place,” the source said. “He started the whole thing.”

Whoever is to blame, the brewing animosity isn’t going to subside soon.

“I’ll be honest about it – I don’t like him,” Cutler said. “He’s playing really good football right now, but I have no desire to be his friend.

“There was no reason for it, to come out on the field and attack me and say some of the things he did. Then he continued it when he went to Indy and was [shouting] at the fans. There have just been different instances of him going out of his way to say something to somebody else. It looks bad. I get riled up out there and I go after some guys and talk to other guys, but the way he does it, I just don’t have a lot of respect for it. He has gone out of his way to come out onto the field and say something to me. I think it’s personal.”

Chargers OLs Nick Hardwick and Marcus McNeill vs. Patriots DE Richard Seymour
    A Chargers source says this trio has had some of the most foul on-field exchanges ever between the two teams. Hardwick and McNeill say Seymour is one of the dirtiest (expletives) in football, and went public with it after last season’s AFC championship game. We thought the beef had blown over, then McNeill left the field after an October matchup with the Patriots, screaming about how (expletive) ugly Seymour was. It’s tragic that this love triangle won’t have another postseason rendezvous.
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

**** this BS. Save the drama, go out & knock the **** outta the Raiders tonight. :icon_evil:
  3. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

May 3, 2008
    Done and done! :tup::abq1::abq2:
  4. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Jul 27, 2007
    Mission Accomplished! :yes:
  5. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC McCoy and Pags Should Pack Their Bags

Nov 12, 2007
    MMM HMM... :tup: