1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Podcasting: The Next Big Thing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChargerRay, Sep 8, 2005.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    I know that alot of folks out there haven't heard about podcasting. Here is a good read about the future of podcasting. BTW, if you guys don't know yet, I put out a weekly San Diego Chargers podcast. You can listen to them here http://bolttalk.com/?page_id=50 or subscribe through itunes.

2. skiman

skiman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I treid downloading one of the softwares and when installed it created an error. What do you suggest for win98se with only 566mz of speed. I could give more details on more of my computer but not sure how to listen to it because I can't get the software installed.

3. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +744
    Skiman, these podcastchers may require windows 2000 and above. But you can download each show directly from my podcast page. Or you can listen to them through the player on top of the podcast page. Just press the play button and it will load aplay list for you. http://bolttalk.com/?page_id=50

4. skiman

skiman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Well I listen to some of your podcasts. That pretty cool. I like the idea you have there. Too bad you can't get someone in there talking with you discussing the football news

5. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +744
    I have a couple of buddies who will join me from time to time. It's hard finding folks who can do it on a regular basis.

I will try to get fans of teams we will be playing to discuss the upcoming matchup and talk about their team as the season goes. I'm going to ask some of the other alliance guys if they would like to be on a show.

If your interested in talking Charger's football on my show pm me. :good:

6. user736176

user736176 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    i never really knew what a podcast was. so essentially you just download an mp3 that has already been recorded by the caster and listen to it? i have been using shoutcast for my radio broadcast but i think thats a completely different beast cause shoutcast just streams my stuff with about a 3 minute delay.

7. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +744
    Yup, it's basially Tivo for radio. You listen to what you want when you want. You can also subscribe to different shows using iTunes or iPodder. Check out our podcast page for more info http://bolttalk.com/?page_id=50.

• Like Like x 1