1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Polk injury gives Tucker a chance

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    November 23, 2007
    <!--- BODYTEXT --->
    Carlos Polk has played in 64 NFL games, which means he has 64 games more experience than Jyles Tucker, the rookie who will replace him on special teams in Sunday's game against Baltimore.
    “I'm sorry for the injury that happened to Polk,” Tucker said of the season-ending shoulder injury Polk suffered last Sunday at Jacksonville. “I really looked up to him and admired him. I'm very fortunate to have this opportunity and I just want to get out there and produce.”
    Polk played on all four kick units – coverage and returns for punts and kickoffs – and backed up at inside and outside linebacker. Coach Norv Turner also mentioned the “emotional things he brings to our football team.”
    Tucker is much quieter – “I'm the opposite of Polk,” he said – but the rookie said he's excited to make his NFL debut Sunday after spending the first 11 weeks of the season on the practice squad. He played well on special teams during the exhibition games.
    “I've got some big footsteps to fill,” said Tucker, a native of Morristown, N.J., who played at Wake Forest. “I've got an opportunity and hope I can make this team better with my play.”
    Tucker said his only regret is that his family won't be able to come out for the game. “They're in New Jersey and it was a last-second thing, so the (plane) tickets were outrageous,” he said. “But they'll catch it on TV.”
    Injury report

Nick Hardwick went through the full Thanksgiving practice and said he's “not where I want to be.” But Turner said if the Pro Bowl center “stays on the course he's on, he'll be ready to go” Sunday. Turner said Hardwick likely would be listed as probable when the injury report is released today.
    Every other Charger except defensive end Luis Castillo practiced. Turner declined to say who his starting cornerbacks would be, although it would be a surprise not to see Quentin Jammer back in the lineup. The question is whether Drayton Florence or Antonio Cromartie will go to the bench.
    For the Ravens, quarterback Steve McNair and receiver Demetrius Williams have been listed as out. Tight end Todd Heap and cornerback Chris McAlister have yet to practice this week. Six others were limited yesterday, including tight end Daniel Wilcox and safeties Ed Reed and Gerome Sapp.Nuts 'n' Bolts

[​IMG] Players practiced without pads, a rarity for a Thursday. But Turner said he'll do that more as the season continues. [​IMG] The Chargers this week added ex-SDSU linebacker Antwan Applewhite to their practice squad, replacing Nick Roach, who was signed by Chicago. Applewhite was with the Chargers in training camp.

UNION-TRIBUNE

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Whatever.

Get the fuc out there and hit somebody. :yes: :bolt:

Go Chargers!!

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    If it doesn't start happening Sunday, it ain't happening.

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    DFlo to the Dime. Cro start, Weddle Nickel.

• Like Like x 1