1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Poll- Do you expect anything different this year, than the past 3 years?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Sep 28, 2010.

?

Will 2010 be different than 2007, 2008, and 2009?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2010.
  1. Yes

52.6%
  2. No

47.4%
  1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I personally have ZERO confidence this team will do anything different they have done the last 3 years. Talk a big game before the season, start slow losing to inferior teams, heat up and win the division, Choke in the playoffs.

I am just curious what the majority of others feelings are

2. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes, I expect we will NOT win the division this year and fall back into the mediocrity of the past.

3. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I say the STATUS QUO will remain

I hope not thou!

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Based on what exactly?

Fall off of the play of our quarterback?
    The Defense falling apart?

Or is it you prediction of doom and gloom because you dont like AJ?

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Poll question is way too ambiguous to answer.

Do I expect this year to be different? OK, different how? I could expect them to finish 4-12, that would be different.

Conversely, I can expect more of the same in the regular season with a strong finish, but then they jump the elusive hurdle and win the Super Bowl. That, too, would be different.

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Same as Leo, too vague a question, but just to humor you, I expect different (a 12-4 finish, I don't think they've had one of those before) and, well, 3 playoff wins (haven't had one of those either)

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Yes, last season is not this season so... different. But I still expect us to finish 15-4/15-5?

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The poll question leaves a lot of room to roam with thoughts so it is not too vaque for me to answer.

3 consecutive posters found the poll too difficult, vague or ambiguous to answer. Interesting.

I answered "NO"

I do not expect anything different except that fans will start to realize we need serious help to contend as the season progresses.

So this year and the last couple of years, I have not been feeliing it with this team.

That translates into the forum trash you read because I am not a good fan or some other forum imposed crap label. F-them all is the way I see it.

What we are watching is not hardware worthy yet. I know this so I tone down my expectations and sit back and enjoy this as entertainment versus the race to the finish. Call it what you all want but this team is going no where until we address the lines.

I bet I will enjoy this season more than those who are rooting their asses off believing we will win the whole enchilada.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I voted yes because I bought a new jersey.

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Different than this you knuckleheads....

:flag:

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    I get that.

But I can go multiple directions and have it be different from that.

I can expect them to go 4-12 or win the Super Bowl. Both would be different.

Hell, I can even think they'll win one week and lose the next and eek into the playoffs by winning the division at 9-7 (KC comes back to reality) and then choke in the playoffs. That, too, would be different even if it is the same end result.

And if I wanted to be really technical, I can expect a strong finish at 12-4 and choking in the playoffs and, while it'd be similar, it would still be different since they finished 11-5, 8-8, and 13-3 in the past three years.

I suppose I can just answer "yes" as long as I don't expect another slow start-strong finish-playoffs choke season but the poll results won't really tell us anything about what the forum posters are thinking.

12. hopkinsway

hopkinsway BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Besides some really bad ST play and tipped balls, I like what I have seen. The Defense is better, the post LT run game looks humble and hard working.

13. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Hey, it's DenverBolt, give us a break :icon_tease:

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Fock all that. WE WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL BABY with RIVERS as SB MVP!!!!! You heard it here first! :abq2:

:raiderssuck::chiefssuck::broncossuck: